Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

There is a finals bracket comp available with ESPN footytips.

Looks like fun.

I, or someone can make a comp.

I think I will need an email or maybe I can PM the link.

Have tried to post it on here but it doesn’t seem to work.

If interested ,  send me an email at “ [email protected]

I own the domain “ joboss.com.au “ so can make up any email. Could host a tipping site if I was inclined, skilled and not a slack bastard.

Hi Joseph,  The footy finals are here anbracket

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thechook said:

GWS will go out in straight sets

Casi nunca agrie con usted en nada but im with you on this Mr CHOOK's history proves time and time again lack of experience will bring you you deshecho.

As for the Demon babes going down will that is a turn up....they more often than not do the Dogs since there the only two terms around playing hahaha, they would have been favourites for sure....me personally red faced sweetie women in loose clothing do absolutely nothing for me, to watch them unless the standard has like gone to pluto looks like the under 12  CS Lakies at  home to Niddrie Saints.

Dockers advertise for a High Performance Manger - Coaching, no football experience necessary, just need a PHD in sports science psychology coaching/education and leadership..... awww they didn't quite say it like that...

In an interesting statement which is unbelievable coming from a professional coach of a pro football team quote Ross Lyon (

1. Lyon admitted "negligence" meant the players did not undertake enough "high intensity running" during the pre-season.  

30 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Casi nunca agrie con usted en nada but im with you on this Mr CHOOK's history proves time and time again lack of experience will bring you you deshecho.

As for the Demon babes going down will that is a turn up....they more often than not do the Dogs since there the only two terms around playing hahaha, they would have been favourites for sure....me personally red faced sweetie women in loose clothing do absolutely nothing for me, to watch them unless the standard has like gone to pluto looks like the under 12  CS Lakies at  home to Niddrie Saints.

Dockers advertise for a High Performance Manger - Coaching, no football experience necessary, just need a PHD in sports science psychology coaching/education and leadership..... awww they didn't quite say it like that...

In an interesting statement which is unbelievable coming from a professional coach of a pro football team quote Ross Lyon (

1. Lyon admitted "negligence" meant the players did not undertake enough "high intensity running" during the pre-season.  

I don’t think it is “high intensity running” during the pre season.

I think it is “sustained  endeavour to play” on game day

• Like 1

Well Filler season has started early, the jurno's of today must think were a stupid lot....i began reading this article then gave up.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-afls-interstate-numbers-dont-add-up-20160903-gr7zmw.html

Heading is " The AFL interstate numbers dont add up"  i have to take the dick that  wrote this piece to task for being a moron and showing the obvious, as for the AFL of course sticking another club in Queensland was going to do more damage than good in the short term, expansion clubs in WA and SA worked because they were already strongly associated with Australian Rules, Swans push north to Sydney failed miserably for years, AFL/VFL had them on a money drip before and after the good Doctor came and went, if the Swans are not in finals contention that money drip is inserted once more, as for GWS not sure who's footing the bill there but the Swans strong presence the last 14 or so years has certainly being a benefit for them what would happen if both Swans and GWS were mid or lower lever teams for a while?

Here in Victoria many of us thought an expansion team would be better off coming out of Tasmania rather than setting up GCS, maybe a low population base that whole state is Aussie rules through and through, playing games out of a northern ground like Launceston and Hobart would have been ideal i think, not unheard, of Green Bay Packers play out of 2 stadiums in the US.

In the end it doesn't really matter to much if a couple of clubs are bleeding money I'm sure the AFL have factored that in, its a business now and the goal is TV money, for that to grow they need a game in every state so what if they have to prop up another Demon or Brisbane its small change compared to whats on offer from TV....

A quite week ahead, reading the paper this morning i checked up on the VFL finals  a work friend of mine a chippy plays in the forward line for Williamstown they finished second and will be playing Sandringham in the 1st semi final next week, Andy Collings a former nuggetry back pocket Hawk coaches them, turns out another Hawk in Paul Hudson coaches Sandy, and another former Hawk in Gary Ayres coaches Port Melbourne, hes been there a very long time, this sparked my interest but google bing google brought up everything else getting side tracked i found the entire list of former Dee coaches so i decided to give my view of there coaching performance instead...enjoy...

Wikipedia are very quick they have Simon Goodwin already there....31

30 Paul Roos 66 games no need to say to much outstanding and wished he could have stayed on 2 more years to really turn that culture around.

29 Neil Craig 11 games took over after Neeld's sacking i thought then and long before we needed an experienced coach place was a mess AFL wanted a clean sweep though i was inclined to hand over to him, Mark Williams in my mind was a good fit though in the end i was delited they got Roos.

28 Mark Neeld 33 games beware when there ex boss gives there assistant's a good wrap, Malthouse made him out to be Ben Hur...to be honest the guy had walked into a minefield, at the time the most highly rated assistant coach in the comp. 

27 Tod Viney  5 games dad of gun mid jack and former pinup boy at the Dee's a running machine from our good days a classy centreman who could play all over the ground, took over when Dean Baily was jettisoned  would have been a popular coach with members if chosen to continue. 

26 Dean Bailey this is when the shit began 83 games of them, taking over an ageing list that had been playing finals pretty much destroyed the list within 2 seasons, again a former Bomber and Power assistant coach came with a big wrap from Kevin Sheedy, mind you we had a chance to grab Kevin here yet went with untried, i was really peed off we took on this dope, Sheedy was a perfect fit for us and the marketing he would bring to us because of his own image was priceless Sheeds much later said of the time that he wouldn't have come aboard claiming that the boards was well what it was.....me i dont think so he was smarting from his sacking he would have taken the job if it was offered.

Bailey destroyed the list high draft picks had no models to look up too the culture descended and i wanted his head by the end of his first year... 

25 Mark Riley  9 games took over after Daniher's sacking, say no more though was highly regarded when over looked moved on think he ended up at the Blues...

24 Neil Daniher 223 games nice guy could coach to but had a habit of picking his favorites all the time, took to long to make changes on the ground was around for 5 or 6 years i thought he should have gone by end year 4.

23 Greg Hutchison 13 games took over when yes that man Neil Balme got the chop, a blond pretty boy who had played for us but really never hit the heights as a player every one thought he was capable of, playing as a mid that blond hair made him stand out guess thats why he got an assistant coaching job there at the G, absolutely no chance to get the job he took off and for a time was doing the rounds at other clubs.

22 Neil Balme 98 games Mr Nice guy and everybody loved him, smooth talker even today still and that was his problem, he was just to nice, having come from SA as coach of Norwood and taken a few flags looked prime to do the same as we were then an emerging team, the problem was he got us to play Sth Aussie style, looks great when your winning bloody awful when your not, put a bit of pressure on the Dee's and they would fumble stumble hick up fall over look over the fence......inflexible to adapt the style of play and not dropping who needed to be dropped saw us go no where so good bye mr nice guy.

21 John Northey 167 games win loss % of 54.19 and the best coach we have had since the great Norm Smith.

When he was given the job every member was scratching his head "who the f*** is he?) then we learned he use to be a half forward flanker in the good Tiger teams under Hafey, turned out he had a fantastic coaching career every where he had gone, no charisma in media terms and later when he went to the Swans the good Dr who was all about razza a matzz terminated him on taking over.

This guy could coach he got the best out of also rans he got them to play as a unit and for 4 quarters, he missed out on winning a flag when 4 key position players all went out with major injuries over an 18 month period,  the Dee's hadn't had it so good in years lingering on offering a new contract as was with the Saints on Lyon he was gone.....I thought it a disaster and thats how it turned out to be.

20 Ron Barassi 111 games, the home coming every Demon supporter had being waiting for, the resurrection of the halcyon years we thought, probably been involved in more grand finals as a player and coach of anyone else, i recall once looking it up rather an astounding record he had, well his first year he coached us to 1 win....yep just 1 win and i went to every game that year bar the one in Sydney...Robbie Brownlow Flower kicked a goal shortly before the final siren at the western oval to get us over the line....

I use to go to practice games in those days...no one would approach ron....no one...everyone was shit scared of him no supporters would walk up to him...i thought it funny watching from the sidelines during quarter breaks the man our savior standing around the centre waiting for the game to  start again and not one soul would walk up to him and talk.... no players either....they guy had such a reputation i guess it scared the daylights out of everybody.

You know a lot who dont know will bagg Ron over his time as coach at the Dee's but the reality is he was nobody's fool while still at North the seeds had been sown for the resurrection of the despicable Dee's yep a basket case from the end of the Norm Smith era until Ron became involved again with us, Ron had grown up in the great Smith house hold he had been his mentor to say in 64 and 65 the history of the Dee's came to an end is not an understatement.

Barassi organized the Dee's while still at North to recruit certain people Slug Jordan was one of them along with recruiters and anyone else he recommended, Slug at the time was renowned for his work with first i think the Tigers then North being able to teach promising juniors, he had a stellar cv getting under 19 teams to grand finals, Slug got there a year earlier and began preparing the team that eventually John Northy would have success with, when Barassi arrived in his 3 years there the cream of the under 19's Slug had begun preparing were filtering though to the firsts, it was a shame that Barassi never got the recognition he deserves for building up the culture a la Paul Roos of today did.

Pushed who knows Ron had had his days as a senior coach he was a dinosaur in coaching terms his style was fast being replaced so good byee and than you RON.

19 Carl Ditterich 44 games, think we got him under the 10 year rule which is like free agency of today did his 2 ys with us as player coach then ended his career back at the Saints, a popular choice at the time as big bad Carl ran around the ground with elbows high and made all the little guys run tall, the tall blonde ruckman was quickly becoming a bit of a loping lizard hence the elbows and who could forget him storming on to the football stage as a young Saint taking towering marks? im sure Chooks can recall...

Unfortunately the one blemish on an unspectacular coaching career was the not thumping but pounding we coped at Arctic park Waverly one horrible saturday from the Fitzroy Lions and im dam sure that was Paul Roos first game and was best on ground....but memory isn't as good as it use to be....a record score was kicked in the VFL that day...i hated that ground long before that day.....record score and record winning margin...still....the following week....we who were somewhere around 9th of 12 teams and by now the worst % in the comp had to play in the 5 5th placed Bombers.....oh how i hate the Bombers, i wont give you a history lesson on why i hate the Bombers though it has soften over this drug debacle...well what a turn around....big Carl elbows high knocked off just about every red and black head in the first quarter, i was there and relishing it, Walters a promising player placed at full forward had 6 on the board by quarters end...yes we rolled the Bombers that day so they did atone for the previous week at least in my minds eye.

18 Dennis Jones 22 games a one season coach also a former player in our good teams, purely forgettable period.

17 Bob Skilton 88 games, the great Bobbie Skilton, a very popular guy indeed champion Swan, i didnt think he could coach but to be fair we were on the decline if it wasnt for the Saints and North we would have been the worst team around.

16 Ian Ridley 66 games former champion rover from our premiership teams again the last hurrah had been hurrahed we were in poo land....to much success had mashed up our brains, Dee's had lost sight of everything that had made them great by then.

15 John Beckwith 62 games another former champion player from out premiership teams, this guy had the hardest job anyone could have had, with the sacking of the legendary Norm then reinstated within a week or so the year before took over what should have been a very good team at least it was on paper, having won the premiership 2 years earlier and not been out of the 4 for 10 years only missing the finals the  year before he took over a club in crisis that took 20 years to recover from....sadly John did not have any answers with a 27% win loss ratio it was good byeee...

14 The great Norm Smith 310 games with a 64% winning to loss ratio and 6 premierships coached the Dees to 7 grand final appearances in a row  now you know why  its called the Norm Smith medal for the best and fairest in the GF.

Not much need to talk here his record speaks for its self and this is where i stop as i was just a puppy when he was our coach, the club did the unthinkable by sacking him the current premiership coach during the season in 1965, member outroar and public opinion swayed the board to reinstate him super pronto, Norm being a proud man who had not just coached the Dee's but had been a premiership player as well with the club walked at seasons end, he was quickly scooped  up by the Swans who had not done anything in years, the great man lead them to the finals before retiring from football.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

I wouldn't surprise me greatly to see GWS upset Sydney although I hope that's not the case.

If results got according to ladder position this week, I reckon GWS will beat Adelaide at home.

Watch this space.

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

A quite week ahead, reading the paper this morning i checked up on the VFL finals  a work friend of mine a chippy plays in the forward line for Williamstown they finished second and will be playing Sandringham in the 1st semi final next week, Andy Collings a former nuggetry back pocket Hawk coaches them, turns out another Hawk in Paul Hudson coaches Sandy, and another former Hawk in Gary Ayres coaches Port Melbourne, hes been there a very long time, this sparked my interest but google bing google brought up everything else getting side tracked i found the entire list of former Dee coaches so i decided to give my view of there coaching performance instead...enjoy...

20 Ron Barassi 111 games, the home coming every Demon supporter had being waiting for, the resurrection of the halcyon years we thought, probably been involved in more grand finals as a player and coach of anyone else, i recall once looking it up rather an astounding record he had, well his first year he coached us to 1 win....yep just 1 win and i went to every game that year bar the one in Sydney...Robbie Brownlow Flower kicked a goal shortly before the final siren at the western oval to get us over the line....

I use to go to practice games in those days...no one would approach ron....no one...everyone was shit scared of him no supporters would walk up to him...i thought it funny watching from the sidelines during quarter breaks the man our savior standing around the centre waiting for the game to  start again and not one soul would walk up to him and talk.... no players either....they guy had such a reputation i guess it scared the daylights out of everybody.

You know a lot who dont know will bagg Ron over his time as coach at the Dee's but the reality is he was nobody's fool while still at North the seeds had been sown for the resurrection of the despicable Dee's yep a basket case from the end of the Norm Smith era until Ron became involved again with us, Ron had grown up in the great Smith house hold he had been his mentor to say in 64 and 65 the history of the Dee's came to an end is not an understatement.

Barassi organized the Dee's while still at North to recruit certain people Slug Jordan was one of them along with recruiters and anyone else he recommended, Slug at the time was renowned for his work with first i think the Tigers then North being able to teach promising juniors, he had a stellar cv getting under 19 teams to grand finals, Slug got there a year earlier and began preparing the team that eventually John Northy would have success with, when Barassi arrived in his 3 years there the cream of the under 19's Slug had begun preparing were filtering though to the firsts, it was a shame that Barassi never got the recognition he deserves for building up the culture a la Paul Roos of today did.

Pushed who knows Ron had had his days as a senior coach he was a dinosaur in coaching terms his style was fast being replaced so good byee and than you RON.

AlexRRR, not sure if you are aware of a great book called The Coach.

I purchased it over a year ago. One of the best footy books I've read.

The ultimate inside story about football. In 1977, writer John Powers was a fly on the wall at the North Melbourne Football Club when revered coach Ron Barassi was in control. The book that emerged from that season, 'The Coach', recorded the months of often brutal training leading up to the spine-tingling Grand Final draw between North Melbourne and Collingwood, and on to North Melbourne's ultimate victory. Nominated as 'the bible on motivation' by 'The Age' newspaper, this account of the team's massive commitment and Barassi's extraordinary motivation techniques is as relevant and fascinating today as it was in 1978. Republished nearly three decades on, with Ron Barassi's own reflections on that amazing season and a new introduction by John Powers.

9780975728734.jpg

33 minutes ago, Will27 said:

AlexRRR, not sure if you are aware of a great book called The Coach.

I purchased it over a year ago. One of the best footy books I've read.

The ultimate inside story about football. In 1977, writer John Powers was a fly on the wall at the North Melbourne Football Club when revered coach Ron Barassi was in control. The book that emerged from that season, 'The Coach', recorded the months of often brutal training leading up to the spine-tingling Grand Final draw between North Melbourne and Collingwood, and on to North Melbourne's ultimate victory. Nominated as 'the bible on motivation' by 'The Age' newspaper, this account of the team's massive commitment and Barassi's extraordinary motivation techniques is as relevant and fascinating today as it was in 1978. Republished nearly three decades on, with Ron Barassi's own reflections on that amazing season and a new introduction by John Powers.

9780975728734.jpg

Look's as if that is a new release.

I got this one in  1978 I think.

afl_20120415_99_0010-500x500.jpg

11 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

There was program on A+ yesterday about coaches made about a year ago. There was a panel with all the older successful coaches reminiscing as well as interviews with most of the then current coaches.

Yep, that was a really good show.

They also made The Chosen Few 2 which was about captains.

If I was Brad Scott, after seeing Andrew Swallow from Norf Melbourne, I would've sacked him as captain

for Jack Ziebell. He comes across as being as soft as butter.

Didn't think that was Eddie's best this year though... Thought the one against Port that resulted in the Banana was on a bit of a tighter angle and on the wrong side but was it better than Buddy's? Yeah think it's only Bruce exploding that makes it a better overall spectacle.

Daw's hanger was more entertaining than Daniher's for mind. 

10 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Wikipedia are very quick they have Simon Goodwin already there....31

30 Paul Roos 66 games no need to say to much outstanding and wished he could have stayed on 2 more years to really turn that culture around.

29 Neil Craig 11 games took over after Neeld's sacking i thought then and long before we needed an experienced coach place was a mess AFL wanted a clean sweep though i was inclined to hand over to him, Mark Williams in my mind was a good fit though in the end i was delited they got Roos.

28 Mark Neeld 33 games beware when there ex boss gives there assistant's a good wrap, Malthouse made him out to be Ben Hur...to be honest the guy had walked into a minefield, at the time the most highly rated assistant coach in the comp. 

27 Tod Viney  5 games dad of gun mid jack and former pinup boy at the Dee's a running machine from our good days a classy centreman who could play all over the ground, took over when Dean Baily was jettisoned  would have been a popular coach with members if chosen to continue. 

26 Dean Bailey this is when the shit began 83 games of them, taking over an ageing list that had been playing finals pretty much destroyed the list within 2 seasons, again a former Bomber and Power assistant coach came with a big wrap from Kevin Sheedy, mind you we had a chance to grab Kevin here yet went with untried, i was really peed off we took on this dope, Sheedy was a perfect fit for us and the marketing he would bring to us because of his own image was priceless Sheeds much later said of the time that he wouldn't have come aboard claiming that the boards was well what it was.....me i dont think so he was smarting from his sacking he would have taken the job if it was offered.

Bailey destroyed the list high draft picks had no models to look up too the culture descended and i wanted his head by the end of his first year... 

25 Mark Riley  9 games took over after Daniher's sacking, say no more though was highly regarded when over looked moved on think he ended up at the Blues...

24 Neil Daniher 223 games nice guy could coach to but had a habit of picking his favorites all the time, took to long to make changes on the ground was around for 5 or 6 years i thought he should have gone by end year 4.

23 Greg Hutchison 13 games took over when yes that man Neil Balme got the chop, a blond pretty boy who had played for us but really never hit the heights as a player every one thought he was capable of, playing as a mid that blond hair made him stand out guess thats why he got an assistant coaching job there at the G, absolutely no chance to get the job he took off and for a time was doing the rounds at other clubs.

22 Neil Balme 98 games Mr Nice guy and everybody loved him, smooth talker even today still and that was his problem, he was just to nice, having come from SA as coach of Norwood and taken a few flags looked prime to do the same as we were then an emerging team, the problem was he got us to play Sth Aussie style, looks great when your winning bloody awful when your not, put a bit of pressure on the Dee's and they would fumble stumble hick up fall over look over the fence......inflexible to adapt the style of play and not dropping who needed to be dropped saw us go no where so good bye mr nice guy.

21 John Northey 167 games win loss % of 54.19 and the best coach we have had since the great Norm Smith.

When he was given the job every member was scratching his head "who the f*** is he?) then we learned he use to be a half forward flanker in the good Tiger teams under Hafey, turned out he had a fantastic coaching career every where he had gone, no charisma in media terms and later when he went to the Swans the good Dr who was all about razza a matzz terminated him on taking over.

This guy could coach he got the best out of also rans he got them to play as a unit and for 4 quarters, he missed out on winning a flag when 4 key position players all went out with major injuries over an 18 month period,  the Dee's hadn't had it so good in years lingering on offering a new contract as was with the Saints on Lyon he was gone.....I thought it a disaster and thats how it turned out to be.

19 Carl Ditterich 44 games, think we got him under the 10 year rule which is like free agency of today did his 2 ys with us as player coach then ended his career back at the Saints, a popular choice at the time as big bad Carl ran around the ground with elbows high and made all the little guys run tall, the tall blonde ruckman was quickly becoming a bit of a loping lizard hence the elbows and who could forget him storming on to the football stage as a young Saint taking towering marks? im sure Chooks can recall...

Unfortunately the one blemish on an unspectacular coaching career was the not thumping but pounding we coped at Arctic park Waverly one horrible saturday from the Fitzroy Lions and im dam sure that was Paul Roos first game and was best on ground....but memory isn't as good as it use to be....a record score was kicked in the VFL that day...i hated that ground long before that day.....record score and record winning margin...still....the following week....we who were somewhere around 9th of 12 teams and by now the worst % in the comp had to play in the 5 5th placed Bombers.....oh how i hate the Bombers, i wont give you a history lesson on why i hate the Bombers though it has soften over this drug debacle...well what a turn around....big Carl elbows high knocked off just about every red and black head in the first quarter, i was there and relishing it, Walters a promising player placed at full forward had 6 on the board by quarters end...yes we rolled the Bombers that day so they did atone for the previous week at least in my minds eye.

18 Dennis Jones 22 games a one season coach also a former player in our good teams, purely forgettable period.

17 Bob Skilton 88 games, the great Bobbie Skilton, a very popular guy indeed champion Swan, i didnt think he could coach but to be fair we were on the decline if it wasnt for the Saints and North we would have been the worst team around.

16 Ian Ridley 66 games former champion rover from our premiership teams again the last hurrah had been hurrahed we were in poo land....to much success had mashed up our brains, Dee's had lost sight of everything that had made them great by then.

15 John Beckwith 62 games another former champion player from out premiership teams, this guy had the hardest job anyone could have had, with the sacking of the legendary Norm then reinstated within a week or so the year before took over what should have been a very good team at least it was on paper, having won the premiership 2 years earlier and not been out of the 4 for 10 years only missing the finals the  year before he took over a club in crisis that took 20 years to recover from....sadly John did not have any answers with a 27% win loss ratio it was good byeee...

14 The great Norm Smith 310 games with a 64% winning to loss ratio and 6 premierships coached the Dees to 7 grand final appearances in a row  now you know why  its called the Norm Smith medal for the best and fairest in the GF.

Not much need to talk here his record speaks for its self and this is where i stop as i was just a puppy when he was our coach, the club did the unthinkable by sacking him the current premiership coach during the season in 1965, member outroar and public opinion swayed the board to reinstate him super pronto, Norm being a proud man who had not just coached the Dee's but had been a premiership player as well with the club walked at seasons end, he was quickly scooped  up by the Swans who had not done anything in years, the great man lead them to the finals before retiring from football.

Actually I never saw Carl play, before my time, I was busy sacking breasts back then

• Like 1

Awww mate i was just a kid, but the first pictures and any TV highlights were of him on top of packs....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Ditterich

Well looking up  Carl i forgotten he had spend 3 seasons as a player with us as well then back to the Saints for 3 years then back with us as player coach....was a very popular figure at Deeland, We loved him as much as you guys.

http://australianfootball.com/players/player/carl%2Bditterich/9554

And first game he played was against us hence the connection, read all about it, he was a superstar from day one which is unusual  for a ruckman they normally take years to develop.

He wore the number 10 at both clubs, he owned that number.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

813943-carl-ditterich.jpg

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Awww mate i was just a kid, but the first pictures and any TV highlights were of him on top of packs....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Ditterich

Well looking up  Carl i forgotten he had spend 3 seasons as a player with us as well then back to the Saints for 3 years then back with us as player coach....was a very popular figure at Deeland, We loved him as much as you guys.

http://australianfootball.com/players/player/carl%2Bditterich/9554

And first game he played was against us hence the connection, read all about it, he was a superstar from day one which is unusual  for a ruckman they normally take years to develop.

He wore the number 10 at both clubs, he owned that number.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

813943-carl-ditterich.jpg

I loved Mad Dog Muir, he had some silky skills.  Played 68 games for the saints over 7 years and was suspended for the rest.  He then became an umpire

• Like 2

As a kid I remember idolising Ditterich, even over in Western Australia where apparently we lived in an information vacuum.

Looking at those pics with all the scrawny arms and legs, it was the era before weight lifting became de rigueur for footy players.

9 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

As a kid I remember idolising Ditterich, even over in Western Australia where apparently we lived in an information vacuum.

Looking at those pics with all the scrawny arms and legs, it was the era before weight lifting became de rigueur for footy players.

I saw Ditterich at Mount Gambier H/S in 1965 , you could not get near him for admiring school kids but he was still head and shoulders over even the oldest.

9 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Looking forward to watching some football here with friends this weekend.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g295408-d4361938-r321507655-Central_Park-Mandalay_Mandalay_Region.html

If they don't have it on AFL we will probably find something else to do there. B)

You're going to Mandalay to watch the footy!