Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

3 hours ago, joboss said:

Yea, I saw that..   Thought best to stay quite as I wasn’t sure if was I that was having a seniors moment

A    h       a     h        a ....very funny lads.....on my way home i can do better Dolphins at Rams, this time i checked location and there in LA.

Oh and they have a nice system for buying tickets Ticketmaster is linked to the Rams website so i can get email delivery....the catch is my flight arrives at 11.05 am and the game starts at 1.05 pm....will have to think about it, I'm a cool relaxed type of guy when i travel not into rushing around....

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

It is  Mad Monday for the Eagles.

What will be the next upset this weekend?

Isn't this one enough?  

Had a bad feeling about tonight’s result when stuck in traffic on the way home today, I was alerted by a foul smell, and discovered that I had picked up a stray dog doo on my right boot and now it was all over my brake pedal and on my car mat. :bah:  It’s all your fault Alex,, you and your story about the Vic’s importing bags of dog doo to Subiaco oval.  It was noted that the  Eagles were slipping over a lot at the start of the game too.

Have you got an insight to the GWS v Swans game?   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joboss said:

Isn't this one enough?  

Had a bad feeling about tonight’s result when stuck in traffic on the way home today, I was alerted by a foul smell, and discovered that I had picked up a stray dog doo on my right boot and now it was all over my brake pedal and on my car mat. :bah:  It’s all your fault Alex,, you and your story about the Vic’s importing bags of dog doo to Subiaco oval.  It was noted that the  Eagles were slipping over a lot at the start of the game too.

I hope the less experienced side wins

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joboss said:

Isn't this one enough?  

Gee Jo the poo wasn't meant for you.....about the Swans v GWS yes mate I'm with Chooks on that one GWS wont win a final.....by the way it wasn't stray dog poo it was pedigree Bulldog poo...a big difference mate dont smell so bad....

• Like 1

A    h       a     h        a ....very funny lads.....on my way home i can do better Dolphins at Rams, this time i checked location and there in LA.

Oh and they have a nice system for buying tickets Ticketmaster is linked to the Rams website so i can get email delivery....the catch is my flight arrives at 11.05 am and the game starts at 1.05 pm....will have to think about it, I'm a cool relaxed type of guy when i travel not into rushing around....

Don't know if Dolphins at Rams would be better than seeing the Giants, but 2 hours should give you enough time to get through LA traffic ;)

That wasn't much of a final to watch...i'm not sure how good the doggies actually were...its just that West Coast were completely shi.te...

IF...IF...If there had not been a bye....Doggies wouldn't have had a few players back and West coast brimming with confidence..?  what could have been

jakey Stringer...he will have to pick up his game...

• Like 1

Small mercies I suppose.

Phuket Cable apparently ran out of electricity and shut their service down for the day.

As I only really subscribe to them to get the Australian A+ channel for the footy, their timing couldn't have been worse.

I had planned to try and find a link to the game on my PC, but fell asleep watching a movie on True. When I woke up and checked the score we were down about six with only three on the board. Game over, I didn't look for a link and didn't see any of the game.

I hadn't previously commented on possible outcomes because I had a feeling it was going to be bad, but I didn't envision, pathetic.

Put me down as strongly against the end of season bye! The Eagles went way off the boil, and Footscray had time to regroup, get injured players back and get past the spectre of two trips to Perth in a week.

No excuses, they should have at least been competitive!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BookMan said:

That wasn't much of a final to watch...i'm not sure how good the doggies actually were...its just that West Coast were completely shi.te...

IF...IF...If there had not been a bye....Doggies wouldn't have had a few players back and West coast brimming with confidence..?  what could have been

jakey Stringer...he will have to pick up his game...

I agree that WC were absolutely crap.

But credit to the Bulldogs. Never easy winning a final interstate, especially in Perth.

Just a terrible way to finish the season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Small mercies I suppose.

Phuket Cable apparently ran out of electricity and shut their service down for the day.

As I only really subscribe to them to get the Australian A+ channel for the footy, their timing couldn't have been worse.

I had planned to try and find a link to the game on my PC, but fell asleep watching a movie on True. When I woke up and checked the score we were down about six with only three on the board. Game over, I didn't look for a link and didn't see any of the game.

I hadn't previously commented on possible outcomes because I had a feeling it was going to be bad, but I didn't envision, pathetic.

Put me down as strongly against the end of season bye! The Eagles went way off the boil, and Footscray had time to regroup, get injured players back and get past the spectre of two trips to Perth in a week.

No excuses, they should have at least been competitive!

Was hard to watch mate, just no spark from the first bounce really.

Yep, the bye did us no favours but you're right, no excuses.

Last night was just insipid.

I know we finished with 16 wins but apart from the last 3 home and away games, I thought we never

played really good footy all year.

I still think Simmo is doing a good job with what he has to work with.

Our midfield is just poor and we don't bat no where deep enough.

Too many downhill skiers in the side.

Blokes like Masten, Yeo, Wellingham, Hill etc ect.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 9:06 AM, Will27 said:

Biggest problem for the Eages will be playing the loser of hawks/Geelong at the G.

Was hoping to avoid that group and play the loser of Syd/Gws.

Eagles playing the loser of Hawks/Geelong is no longer a problem.

• Like 1

You have to wonder how Slobbo get's to be the chief football writer at the Sun and co-host a footy show.

This tweet shows he really doesn't know the game IMO.

Good to see a few players back him (Shuey) up.

Thought he was one of the few players that worked his guts out all night for us.

poor game from shuey.. four kicks, 20 handballs.. no space, no run, dogs all over him

@Robbo_heraldsun 28 disposals, 6 tackles & tried to get his team going. Real poor game ? As Andrew Gaze would say #turnitup

@marcmurphy3 @MattBain9 @Robbo_heraldsun 19 contested, 8 clearances. Pretty handy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

Don't know if Dolphins at Rams would be better than seeing the Giants, but 2 hours should give you enough time to get through LA traffic ;)

In my mind Dolphins as when i got into the game the two dominant teams were Redskins and Dolphins, I follow a few teams there for various reasons, Redskins, Bills, 49ers and Seahawks, Gaints and Skins are like Collingwood playing Carlton or Melbourne, it was the time off the quarterbacks where Dan Marino Dolphins, Jim Kelly Bills and the ever popular Joe Montana 49ers along with Joe Theismann of the Redskins, a host of them around and many came out of the same draft it was called the year of the quarterback.

No mate 2 hrs to get out of customs check in to my hotel ( if i had of realised earlier i might have booked a hotel near the airport) then get to the game, 40 min from airport to the ground by taxi, seems no provisions to store your luggage at the airport other wise that would have been a goer then return to pick it up and on to my hotel....

I might just try my luck on the day for a College game, Galaxy season will be over the Hockey season will only be a few weeks old thats something i think i might really enjoy to see.....i have plenty of time to research...

• Like 2

Hardwick puts a noose around his neck, backing current board, it will get you hung son, you have now where to run now....

Dustin Martin takes the Jack Dyer Medal at Richmond with Alex Rance second....

Simpson not in step with WILL....says the list doesn't need much tinkering his area of concern is ruck stocks, well it was fair to say without Nick Nak they lack pushing power though one player wont make you a star team, more tackles in last night game surprises me as i though the Dogs were hard at it all night though i didn't see it as Eagles played poorly i though they were in it having a go the desire and hunger from the Dogs was second to none...

Im with the WA brothers over the bye it worked against the Eagles and certainly benefited the Dogs, as i keep saying the AFL tinker way to much my plea is to allow the coaches to develop the game....leave it alone AFL.

Jobe is happy to be home and see his dog, flew in from the big apple thursday catching up with friends and family, jobe still coy on his future papa Watson says "well i think he's going to have to make a decision, he must be closer, to be honest i haven't i haven't spoken to him about his future in some time", well let say this at 32 very few clubs would be knocking down his door to grab him the drama surrounding a decision is pure theatre he and the refresh banned players would be like recruits next year and with the big pay packet attached to his contract he's hardly going to give it up after a years break...take it as given he's back training within a few weeks....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Was hard to watch mate, just no spark from the first bounce really.

Yep, the bye did us no favours but you're right, no excuses.

Last night was just insipid.

I know we finished with 16 wins but apart from the last 3 home and away games, I thought we never

played really good footy all year.

I still think Simmo is doing a good job with what he has to work with.

Our midfield is just poor and we don't bat no where deep enough.

Too many downhill skiers in the side.

Blokes like Masten, Yeo, Wellingham, Hill etc ect.

Outside receivers I call them. Far too much of it in the modern game.

Recruitment now seems to be all about getting athletes who could be in the Olympic 5000 metres if not getting the big AFL bucks.

Good footy players who can hold chest marks, kick with both feet, get the hard ball and are situationally aware, are losing out to racehorses who can post track times unheard of in the past. The "kick it backwards to me" guys who stuff around with excessive handballs, accumulating stats, while making little yardage, are the bane of the game in my opinion. It's become far too much like that English girls game called Headers.

We disagree here Will, but for me Priddis is the player I most admire in that side. He gets it at the bottom of packs, gets it on quickly by hand or foot, and always goes forward. Another Victorian conspiracy left him out of the All Australian side.

End of season rant over now. I don't care who wins the GF, as long as they arn't Victorian!

• Like 2

Yes, good assessment.

However, having a long memory, I cant stand the Bulldogs. It stems from the days when that a/h Terry Wallace was the coach and those little taggers Libba (the first) and Jose Romano used to grow and harden up their fingernails to scratch up their opponents. (I seem to recall a Brisbane player complaining of getting infected from the scratches.)

And of course there was the game where Daniel Southern strangled Sumich to unconsciousness at half time.

Hands up all who knew Southern is now a Muslim.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Yes, good assessment.

However, having a long memory, I cant stand the Bulldogs. It stems from the days when that a/h Terry Wallace was the coach and those little taggers Libba (the first) and Jose Romano used to grow and harden up their fingernails to scratch up their opponents. (I seem to recall a Brisbane player complaining of getting infected from the scratches.)

And of course there was the game where Daniel Southern strangled Sumich to unconsciousness at half time.

Hands up all who knew Southern is now a Muslim.

Yep, I remember a very young Ben Cousins after a Bulldogs game with scratches all over him after being "tagged" by Libba.

Also remember Paul Kelly from the Swans refusing to shake Libba's hand after a game.

That kind of says it all.

I quite like the Bulldogs now and what Beveridge has done to them.

I hope this cheers you up.

It did for me.

44 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Yep, guys like Yeo, Wellingham and Masten spring to mind when you say outside receivers.

Every side has them and they're needed. Hawthorn has Hill and Isaac Smith for example but you

need to have players who can get down and dirty and give it to them.

I agree with you about recruitment. Look at Caleb Daniel. All of his stats in the under 18 championships were

elite but because he's 5ft nothing he had to wait until pick 46 to get picked. His stats alone should've meant

he was a first rounder at the very least.

I reckon our midfield is among the worst 4 in the league. Gaff, Priddis and Shuey are all good but after those 3,

it falls away dramatically.

All of the really good sides can run 6 or 7 players through the midfield. After our first 3, we have Hutchings who

is a plodder at best. We recruited to add some depth  drafted but Redden and Jetta turned out to be duds and Duggan hasn't

come on as expected.

Would like to see Sydney win for our boys on here. If not Sydney, wouldn't mind any of the interstate clubs.

I don't mind Geelong or the Bulldogs either TBH.

Just don't want to see Hawthorn win it again.

Yes, the outside guys are needed, but you can have far too many of them.

When the finals come along and the game is wet, dirty, pressure filled you need desperate committed players prepared to do anything with their bodies to win the pill.

Outside receivers, kicking the ball out of bounds every time someone comes at them, can be useless in pressure situations.

The Eagles have too many of them

• Like 1