Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

All these teams who might make the top 8

Question is which of last years teams might drop out?

Talk of 
Gold Coast
Melbourne
St Kilda
Colingwood
Richmond
Freo
essendon
all being Top 8 ready

North seem likely to miss out..who else?

On 17/01/2017 at 2:00 PM, Will27 said:

I think WC should keep on eye on this guy in case Nic Nat doesn't get right.

231cm Romanian teen tipped for big things

http___prod.static9.net.au___media_network_home_streams_2017_01_17_16_15_1701_massivebballer_ls.jpg

You'd need to bulk him up a bit.

All these teams who might make the top 8

Question is which of last years teams might drop out?

Talk of 
Gold Coast
Melbourne
St Kilda
Colingwood
Richmond
Freo
essendon
all being Top 8 ready

North seem likely to miss out..who else?

Forget GCS, should inprove but only just, forget the Tigers, Freo and Bombers a real chance and im thinking pies might be good enough...

Out is North and WCE and in mind its a given, i dont think the Crows are as good as they think they are so there's 3 teams.

From 3rd to 12th it will be hot to trott for much of the year, Hawks could face a backlash over Mitchel and Lewis, the Bulldogs we thinks is well coached but do they have it to stay up? Premiership blues for a club like them is not out of the question.

As for the womens league its just a diversion in the post season guys skip over it as i do when the boring talk of a particular game comes up and how many weeks joblow should get for knocking out will...etc etc...

Which reminds me mr Books did you get the chrome plated trophy to WILL yet?
  • Like 1

@Alex

Apart from your personal set against WCE why would you think it's a given they will drop out of the eight?

They finished very strongly last year by knocking off 3 of the top two teams. (when they played them). They were beaten by the eventually premiers in their final, and this year have retained virtually all of their senior players. The few retirements, delisting's and transferees were all fringe players. Nic Nat is going to miss 1/2 a season and will be missed, but the club does have other talls. On the rookie list is a very experienced ruckman/forward who may be able to contribute in spurts. He cost nothing to pick up.

Similarly, legend, and 2012 Brownlow Midfielders Medalist, Sam Mitchell cost very little and in his only season before taking up a coaching role should provide plenty of drive, experience and inspiration to the Eagles midfield.

A couple of promising recruits with big family names could mature to good players.  Willie Rioli starred in the SANFL last year, and Jake Waterman was WA captain in the under 18 national championships. 

I can't see why it's a given The Eagles will drop down the ladder this year!

Nor can I quite understand why all those second rate Melbourne clubs, that several Victorians here are touting, will suddenly fire for a full season and finish near the top

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 2

And I don't think Fremantle will get up from near the bottom to the finals despite some good recruiting. There's still too much internal strife for them to turn it around so quickly.

Actually, looking at your tips Alex, you've picked 5 Vic clubs, who finished 9, 11, 12, 13, and last, to  populate the top of the ladder this year.

And you wonder why footy supporters from other States think of Victorians as we do!. 

And I don't think Fremantle will get up from near the bottom to the finals despite some good recruiting. There's still too much internal strife for them to turn it around so quickly.

Actually, looking at your tips Alex, you've picked 5 Vic clubs, who finished 9, 11, 12, 13, and last, to  populate the top of the ladder this year.
And you wonder why footy supporters from other States think of Victorians as we do!. 

WCE are doomed because im wanting to stirr you up old bean, thank you so much for your millions in joining a revamped VFL, your a harsh critic of us Vics yet we created the game...in fact my club created the game and let all you blow ins in, not talking about you JoBlow your ok for a west Aussie.

The logic behind the weagles dropping out is this, Simpson has lost one of the AFL's top ruckman and he does get you going, secondly the back up ruckman is down too, thirdly WCE struggled away from home most of the year.

Bring in Drew Petire is a job for one of Simpsons mates, he has almost ZERO worth, might get a couple of good games out of him if your lucky, Mitchell yes sure a top player but at 34 and new club gotta be realistic, he dont know anyone there except from having a drink after the game social, those hand passes and stab kicks will end up nowhere most of the time because the Eagles wont know how to play with him, Mitchell will do ok dout he will have the inpact like when he was a Hawk.

As for your rising talent every team has them, as they go up others go down, WCE are no differant, they will be in the mix of course but will be in the drop zone come august old bean.....enjoy your pad thai tonight old fella...

More problems with clubs settling player issues

Dockers stew as Michael Johnson's kebab shop assault charge adjourned

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/fremantle-dockers/fremantle-docker-michael-johnson-in-court-over-kebab-shop-altercation-20170118-gttjvb.html

Fremantle Docker Michael Johnson made a brief appearance at Perth Magistrates Court this morning over an allegation of assault following a bizarre incident at Leederville kebab shop Cosmos in November. Johnson, 32, was given $500 bail as the case was adjourned to a later date - with his lawyer requesting a copy of CCTV footage of the alleged incident. 

A good kebab will do it every time. I have to say this boy dances well... 

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:13 PM, ozzydom said:

Does anybody have any up to date info on Watchafl for the upcoming season?

I read this on another website today.

"Thank you for taking time to write to us.

We acknowledge that the distribution timing of Club voucher codes has been delayed for the 2017 season.
This is due to broadcast rights negotiations between a number of different parties which is currently progressing.

We will have additional information to share in advance of the pre-season JLT Community Series for all international AFL fans, and will keep you updated as soon as more information comes to hand.

Regards
WatchAFL Support"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joboss said:

Alex in BKK,  ??

Best Will27 gets in and claims his trophy before Alex impersonates him and nicks it.

TVFAFL 2016 trophy.jpg

I have been hanging on to it and using it every Tuesday and Wednesday for 'Date night'

I bring the trophy to a different  santa fe each time , waving it in the air, shouting "VIP"... "Free" and mixing the key words with unintelligible rantings...

Has worked a treat every time so far. No Thai person has been game t challenge me or ask for payment.

Anyway...it will be staying with me come end of 2017 I would expect

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, BookMan said:

I have been hanging on to it and using it every Tuesday and Wednesday for 'Date night'

I bring the trophy to a different  santa fe each time , waving it in the air, shouting "VIP"... "Free" and mixing the key words with unintelligible rantings...

Has worked a treat every time so far. No Thai person has been game t challenge me or ask for payment.

Anyway...it will be staying with me come end of 2017 I would expect

Word on the Soi is that Chimpy was using it for some party tricks at the Cockatoo Bar.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Chimpy told me he caught up with Alex at the Cockatoo Bar and secretly recorded some of his deviant behaviour.

I've managed to hack his computer. Here's Chimps sending Alex the footage.

As you can see, Alex was a bit surprised.

chimpy.gif

giphy.gif

Alex was looking forward to meeting Joboss, until he saw where Joboss put the trophy!
What happens in the cockatoo bar stays in the cockatoo bar...Unless Chimpy is there with his phone camera
P.s Good to see Alex has lost a few kilos

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Hire a Thai they think it's cold in the morning here, I sleep with a fan on and naked no sheet over me....but hey I grew up in Melbourne ....

And let me make it perfectly clear I do not entertain hanging around with monkeys nor there owners....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Hire a Thai they think it's cold in the morning here, I sleep with a fan on and naked no sheet over me....but hey I grew up in Melbourne ....

And let me make it perfectly clear I do not entertain hanging around with monkeys nor there owners....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Sleeping naked with no sheet is enough to keep Chimps away