Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

49 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

Posted this in the Central Forum yesterday and it had 45 veiws.

Changed it to the Chiang Mai forum 30 minutes ago and it has 16 views already.

The 2017 Australian Rules Football season starts on Thursday the 23rd of March.

There is a topic on the forum dedicated to Australian Rules and it can be found here :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/796787-australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news/#comment-9015574

Topic with a lot of friendly banter and I must say very little agro.

The topic is headed by member " BookMan " who is only too happy to point you in the right direction if you have a problem.

Part of the topic is the AFL Fantasy competition where members build a team and compete against others.

Thaivisa have their own competition under the AFL banner.and compete against each other.

Member " Thechook " is the one to direct any queries to.

Another thing we have going is a healthy tipping competition that had 17 participants last season.

This is also run in conjunction with the AFL and entries are now being called for this year.

Go to the AFL sites opening page and click on Tipping at the top then follow the prompts.

You will have to pick a name for yourself, some just use their thaivisa name.

Here are a couple of things you will need to complete your joining up.

AFL tipping is finally open.. Use  this link  https://tipping.afl.com.au

Our comp name is: Thaivisa Mob

Comp Code: TUFF627Z

Member " ripstanley " is the man to help you out if you have any problems.

Looking forward to having you on board,

Ron

Well done Ron. We have 9 in the tipping so far. I hope your thread helps recruit some more.

• Like 1

The 2017 Australian Rules Football season starts on Thursday the 23rd of March.

There is a topic on the forum dedicated to Australian Rules and it can be found here :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/796787-australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news/#comment-9015574

Topic with a lot of friendly banter and I must say very little agro.

The topic is headed by member " BookMan " who is only too happy to point you in the right direction if you have a problem.

Part of the topic is the AFL Fantasy competition where members build a team and compete against others.

Thaivisa have their own competition under the AFL banner.and compete against each other.

Member " Thechook " is the one to direct any queries to.

Another thing we have going is a healthy tipping competition that had 17 participants last season.

This is also run in conjunction with the AFL and entries are now being called for this year.

Go to the AFL sites opening page and click on Tipping at the top then follow the prompts.

You will have to pick a name for yourself, some just use their thaivisa name.

Here are a couple of things you will need to complete your joining up.

AFL tipping is finally open.. Use  this link  https://tipping.afl.com.au

Our comp name is: Thaivisa Mob

Comp Code: TUFF627Z

Member " ripstanley " is the man to help you out if you have any problems.

Looking forward to having you on board,

Ron

Going to get harder for master WILL to go three peat.....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
  • Like 2

I watched both games today but the telecasts for me were strange. They would be showing the game and then the telecast would jump forward about 20 seconds. It would then return to the the game before the jump so you see the game being repeated. It happened in both games. Did anyone else notice this? 

15 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

I watched both games today but the telecasts for me were strange. They would be showing the game and then the telecast would jump forward about 20 seconds. It would then return to the the game before the jump so you see the game being repeated. It happened in both games. Did anyone else notice this? 

Rip are you sure your mbps is adequate? 12 might be ideal to stream but rare in los. Positive 4 mbps should stream okay, even less. Run a periodic download test and screen save the results. Might learn more about what is really happening with your connection.

http://www.speedtest.net/

Edited by optad
link

42 minutes ago, optad said:

Rip are you sure your mbps is adequate? 12 might be ideal to stream but rare in los. Positive 4 mbps should stream okay, even less. Run a periodic download test and screen save the results. Might learn more about what is really happening with your connection.

http://www.speedtest.net/

Did the speedtest. 33.63 Mbps download 

• Like 1

Highest speed the AFL app requires is 5 Mbps for best quality. If you have your own internet in a house rather than shared in a condo block, 33 Mbps is fine. What you report can happen with a lower speed connection but I have similar speeds to yours presently so that doesn't happen when I watch. Even the wi-fi in my local coffee shop rarely misses a beat these days.

Did you ever confirm your cooling fans are working (by listening or watching) and check the insides of your computer aren't clogged with dust?

Ex-Bomber's 'late-night threats' part of blackmail probe

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/exbombers-latenight-threats-part-of-blackmail-probe-20170309-guuo4k.html

May as well be me that posts this. More rubbish from Essendon post saga. It is the gift that keeps on giving. Long four years.

Edit: And Alex, the herald did run a back page Tuesday i think re ticket prices. I couldn't read it ... I can only think the worst. 

Edited by optad

11 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Bookman has not logged on to Thaivisa since 28/01/2017. Like you I hope he is ok. 

I think AlexRRR alluded to it in an earlier post.

He and Chimpy have decided to retire from TV.

Nothing to do with anyone in the footy forum.

He's just ha enough.

No amount of cajoling was able to get I'm to change his mind:sad:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

15 touches to J Watts not good enough WILL, WCE got a scare in the last quarter.... not good enough WILL.... no excuses practice or no practice game we play to win....

You're being a tad harsh on your boys I think there mate.

IMO, no one really cares that much about the result in those games.

My boy Mitch was very good again.

I expect to see Melbourne playing finals this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, optad said:

Ex-Bomber's 'late-night threats' part of blackmail probe

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/exbombers-latenight-threats-part-of-blackmail-probe-20170309-guuo4k.html

May as well be me that posts this. More rubbish from Essendon post saga. It is the gift that keeps on giving. Long four years.

Edit: And Alex, the herald did run a back page Tuesday i think re ticket prices. I couldn't read it ... I can only think the worst. 

I here the Bombers are also in bed with the Lygon Street crew, Mick Gatto the underworld figure.  Do I sense another series of underbelly staring the bomber crew?

• Like 2

You're being a tad harsh on your boys I think there mate.

IMO, no one really cares that much about the result in those games.

My boy Mitch was very good again.

I expect to see Melbourne playing finals this year.

No no no WILL.....team like mine needs to be on a roll this time of year....we rolled GWS in the first game last year and need to win first off again this year, the Saints we not beaten at the eye sore that's blocking harbour views to the folks in West Melbourne for god knows how long, just one win there in something like be fore Christ was born....

Had an excellent preseason last year, this year....ummmmm..

Whats with you Optus? Who cares about ticket prices? Your in BKK and I'm not a pie supporter, they don't want bums on seats they want you to watch it on the tellie that's where the money is for the AFL when it comes TV deal time...

I think AlexRRR alluded to it in an earlier post.

He and Chimpy have decided to retire from TV.
Nothing to do with anyone in the footy forum.
He's just ha enough.

No amount of cajoling was able to get I'm to change his mind:sad:

See I'm totally ignored......only old croc and you read my posts....ho and the stepping on dog poo WCE supporter on elimination final day that wears Phuket style copy Ray Bans chap....
  • Like 2

See I'm totally ignored......only old croc and you read my posts....ho and the stepping on dog poo WCE supporter on elimination final day that wears Phuket style copy Ray Bans chap....

I just realised while walking around hot bkk.... only WCE supporters read my posts....[emoji123]

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Step into BookMan's shoes and you wont be ignored any longer.  :giggle:

• Like 2

I needed a more dynamic name so I've changed my tipping name to Ron's Wharfies.  

I've known many wharfies in a past life and many of them were certainly dynamic when 

it came to knocking off and heading to the pub at lunch time or for a tea break during

an extended shift. In fact for a lot of them it was the only time they moved all day. :burp:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ron19 said:

Why don't you try the Bangkok and Pattaya forums as well?

Plenty of Aussies around and some may not be aware that this sub-forum exists.

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

Why don't you try the Bangkok and Pattaya forums as well?

Plenty of Aussies around and some may not be aware that this sub-forum exists.

Further up the ladder aren't to keen on posting in multiple forums at the same time so I am changing every day then removing the previous one.

Today I changed it to the Phuket forum and tomorrow will be Pattaya then Bangkok the day after.

7 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

Further up the ladder aren't to keen on posting in multiple forums at the same time so I am changing every day then removing the previous one.

OK cowjai. 

Good solution. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

the Phucket forum

I'm not a member of the member of the grammar police but that typo does stand out rather glaringly. :whistling:

9 hours ago, Ron19 said:

I needed a more dynamic name so I've changed my tipping name to Ron's Wharfies.  

I've known many wharfies in a past life and many of them were certainly dynamic when 

it came to knocking off and heading to the pub at lunch time or for a tea break during

an extended shift. In fact for a lot of them it was the only time they moved all day. :burp:

Tipping handle,,,"Ron's Wharfies".    Could be nothing else for a loyal Dockers supporter.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, ripstanley said:

Bookman has not logged on to Thaivisa since 28/01/2017. Like you I hope he is ok. 

GrantSmith hasn't posted since November. Anything happen with him?

Sydney tattle will be a little quieter without these two.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

GrantSmith hasn't posted since November. Anything happen with him?

Sydney tattle will be a little quieter without these two.

Grannysapples is in the Fantasy comp.

Old Croc are you joining the tipping comp?