Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

23 hours ago, farmerjo said:

The forwards at the Dockers were on a hiding to nothing,to many mids and backs racking up stats and the Cats throwing a spare down back just made it worse,Lyon didn't have the balls to man up the spare early,poor coaching.

I wish the modern day kids would take a leaf out of the Sam Mitchell handbook.

Break the game open with a 15-20 metre handball,not 5 handballs in 10 metres and stuff it up.They may have a good beep tests these days and they need it. 

That's Freo in a nutshell Jo. I don't know how many times I've shouted "kick it now" at the TV when watching them. They just have to keep going until they lose it!

One of the reasons I've always liked Priddis is that he will bang the ball on to his foot and make ground. If it falls to the wrong side at least it's 40 metres up field.

I think I used handpasses about 3 times in my career.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

I'm not showing up, I've been on the road for a couple of weeks but thought I sorted it with the iPad. Suspicions arose when I could not find the group yesterday.
Waste of time me trying to fix it until I'm home tomorrow/Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Although mid age my eyes are going and i had trouble with the code thinking the last digit was a number when it was a letter.

Cousins.JPG

Troubled former AFL star Ben Cousins has been sentenced to 12 months in jail and fined $2400 for stalking and drug offences.

Cousins, 38, was sentenced in Perth Magistrates Court today, having previously pleaded guilty to 11 offences, including aggravated stalking, breaching a violence restraining order and drug possession.

When the former West Coast captain was arrested, police found eight grams of methamphetamine in his possession, which his lawyer Michael Tudori told the court would only last him four days.

The violence restraining order was taken out by his former partner Maylea Tinecheff, with whom he has two children, aged three and five.

The court heard the VRO breaches related to Cousins visiting the children's school and church, and making repeated phone calls to his former partner. Cousins called Ms Tinecheff 371 times in February before his arrest, including 50 times in one day.

Sorry to hear this outcome. I hope this works in Ben's favor. He was pushing 'end game' constantly. I do not wish anything but the best for Ben and know from working experience what he faces, the difficulties and doing what he faces alone. It is time for silver linings and removing choice might just be the first step. Still young. 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear this outcome. I hope this works in Ben's favor. He was pushing 'end game' constantly. I do not wish anything but the best for Ben and know from working experience what he faces, the difficulties and doing what he faces alone. It is time for silver linings and removing choice might just be the first step. Still young. 

Most likely he has some thing like obsessive compulsive disorder and a host of other things, sport and a ridged environment help keep him on the straight and narrow now he has nothing, 300 calls in a month well you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know something up top isn't working like it should... lot of people like him that don't get press, for Ben goodbye I won't comment on it again, my ex wife and son and now I'm thinking my daughter in a milder form suffer from something like this yet they lead normal lives....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Thanks for posting it Will. I enjoyed his comments

No probs mate.

The Fox Footy shows are really behind on Watch AFL.

I've read there's been a mountain of complaints about

their VOD shows.

• Like 1

Urgh... WatchAFL has been poor for years! The only thing it had over streaming sites was that it was a pretty clear HD quality picture otherwise it was a waste of money.

Good to see YouTube still providing us with the shows we need ;)

Fantasy first game is apon us....are you ready JoBlow?

How many points in will you give me since ive yet to beat you?

You might be heartened to know i thought we could still tweak out teams right up untill the first game tonight....but no just 2 trades this week so i got caught....still im confident of giving you a run for your money as i was tweaking constantly the last 2 weeks....the back room staff have been tremendous, we finnished of a number of JW Black and the MacBooks been working overtime, the staff are expecting a tight contest with you so may the best man win....good luck...

• Like 1

On 3/27/2017 at 8:08 AM, farmerjo said:

Fear the home ground advantage no more,with 7 away teams winning.

Thought my Kangaroos leadership group were awful with goal kicking and moving the ball forward.

However i then watched the Purple haze and thought Neesham was coaching again.:smile:

500th  game.  It was nostalgic.    Nice atmosphere with plenty of the old comments and advice from the past.

I did miss "Kick it to Pav!!!"

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Fantasy first game is apon us....are you ready JoBlow?

How many points in will you give me since ive yet to beat you?

You might be heartened to know i thought we could still tweak out teams right up untill the first game tonight....but no just 2 trades this week so i got caught....still im confident of giving you a run for your money as i was tweaking constantly the last 2 weeks....the back room staff have been tremendous, we finnished of a number of JW Black and the MacBooks been working overtime, the staff are expecting a tight contest with you so may the best man win....good luck...

I can’t believe how lucky I am that you are as tardy and incompetent Fantasy coach as I and we have both missed the lockout.

It’s going to be all up from here.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2017 at 1:06 PM, Ron19 said:
Cousins.JPG

Troubled former AFL star Ben Cousins has been sentenced to 12 months in jail and fined $2400 for stalking and drug offences.

Cousins, 38, was sentenced in Perth Magistrates Court today, having previously pleaded guilty to 11 offences, including aggravated stalking, breaching a violence restraining order and drug possession.

When the former West Coast captain was arrested, police found eight grams of methamphetamine in his possession, which his lawyer Michael Tudori told the court would only last him four days.

The violence restraining order was taken out by his former partner Maylea Tinecheff, with whom he has two children, aged three and five.

The court heard the VRO breaches related to Cousins visiting the children's school and church, and making repeated phone calls to his former partner. Cousins called Ms Tinecheff 371 times in February before his arrest, including 50 times in one day.

Grow up xxxxwit

Ringing the X 50 times in one day???   

Disgraceful behaviour,,, what's next??  pillow biting?

Edited by joboss

I can’t believe how lucky I am that you are as tardy and incompetent Fantasy coach as I and we have both missed the lockout.
It’s going to be all up from here.

Actualy it's only a partial lockout...means locked out of changes of the 2 teams playing tonight....you still have till 7pm approx tomorrow evening to get your two changes in....now arnt i a good sport?
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Actualy it's only a partial lockout...means locked out of changes of the 2 teams playing tonight....you still have till 7pm approx tomorrow evening to get your two changes in....now arnt i a good sport?

I was talking about missing the initial lockout from the free trade period before the 1st round.

My teams DNP could of stocked a position "Left Right Out" picnic.

• Like 1

BTW,,,  I hate Thursday night footy.

I can’t relax and concentrate on footy for the weekend when I am expected to front at work on Friday morning.

It sucks.

Good Friday footy is a positive move,

Should have 3 games around the country at our wonderful stadiums.

Maybe only fish and chips could be purchased at the food concessions.

...keep the Catholics happy.

• Like 1

BTW,,,  I hate Thursday night footy.
I can’t relax and concentrate on footy for the weekend when I am expected to front at work on Friday morning.
It sucks.
Good Friday footy is a positive move,
Should have 3 games around the country at our wonderful stadiums.
Maybe only fish and chips could be purchased at the food concessions.
...keep the Catholics happy.

I hear you.....AFL claim monday night footy stinks....gees every other code can do it and do it well just they cant so we get lumbered with a thus night game...i dont like it and it hampers my life style....retired or now...i still work sometimes ......

By the way the brothers were quick to jump on Bucklys stage....not yet fellas....and maybe not next week either....Tigers are set to go places this year...Hardwick will have a new contract on the table soon....
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

I hear you.....AFL claim monday night footy stinks....gees every other code can do it and do it well just they cant so we get lumbered with a thus night game...i dont like it and it hampers my life style....retired or now...i still work sometimes ......

By the way the brothers were quick to jump on Bucklys stage....not yet fellas....and maybe not next week either....Tigers are set to go places this year...Hardwick will have a new contract on the table soon....

Monday footy sucks too,

Except on a National holiday,

Footy is for the weekend.

One game Friday night, 5 saturday games, remaining 3 on Sunday.

,,Got a soft spot for Bucks.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

Monday footy sucks too,
Except on a National holiday,
Footy is for the weekend.
One game Friday night, 5 saturday games, remaining 3 on Sunday.
,,Got a soft spot for Bucks.

Monday night football is good.....i got to see it twice in the US saved me from a dull night in my hotel....

As per normal im always the odd man out....i like what everyone else doesnt....ummm noticed im in front of you in Fantasy fella....

12 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Much prefer Monday night to thursday night although Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon works just fine frankly. Was not at my best today.

Good to hear confirmation this morning the grand final stays at 2:30 pm. Took Gillion long enoough. Must have been a close call. 

Agree re Hardwick. Give him another contract so the tiggers can return football balance and Ninthmond's losing ways. Nothing surer than the tiger's sleepers to start premature making noise. Two wins will do it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

I appear to be back on board, not sure how that happened.

Missed getting last nights tip on due to a little bit of travel/time/bad cold confusion but hopefully can make up for it over the weekend.

I would not worry too much. My record for the last 8 games is 0/8.Welcome aboard sceadugenga. 

• Like 1