Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Kane Cornes has announced his retirement from AFL after the game on 24th May. It will be his 300 game for Port Adelaide. He will be the first to achieve 300 games for Port. He will train to be a fireman after his retirement.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-14/kane-cornes-to-retire-from-port-adelaide-power-and-afl-after-30/6469138

Woah, that's a big call with Port being right in the mix for this years GF.

At least he played in their 2004 premiership side.

The understated of the Cornes brothers I think.

A mighty fine career.

Guy's, this is certainly different. I quite like it (I think) although

there would be quite a few games with little or no value. There

are now though I guess.

Thoughts?

Fixture top of the agenda for club CEOs meeting with the AFL

Under that proposal all clubs would play each other once in their first 17 games before the competition is split into three groups of six according to each club's ladder position (which could be after round 18 depending on byes).

The top six teams would then play each other once in the remaining five rounds for their position in the finals, the middle six teams would compete for seventh and eighth position and the bottom six teams would fight for draft positions.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-14/fixture-top-of-the-agenda-for-club-ceos-meeting-with-the-afl

The bottom 6 will fight for draft positions, isn't that what is commonly known as tanking?
  • Like 1

Haha.....he isn't an inside midfielder he is both an outside mid mobile ruck rover type very much in the style of jimmy Stynes and a few Hawks I can't recall, just lacks a few inches to be a mobile ruckman.

Sure the game was over but we had no drive around the middle of the park Watts changed that.....

I'm getting tired of defending the guy but there is a reason a few clubs were after him back at end of 2013, he still is young and around 195cm and you know the old story the bigger guys take a long time to develop.

As for the swans game they were never going to loose but to be honest Roos game plan is now dated even we under Danahier knocked the Swans off a couple if times, we just struggle to get the ball from centre on, which tells me we're still in need of 3 or 4 more midfielders.

Alex,

In the old days you did your penance in a back pocket to become a rover etc,etc

This poor young fellow was chucked straight into the fire,he really needs to go back and play a Lachie Hansen type role for a while.

Or in Khun Wills case a Jeromey McGovern.

He will be better for it in the longer term.Roo's should know that but he;s short of cattle as have the other coaches been.

True, he was thrown to the wolves in the early days, but he's in his 7th year now.

I don't think he would get a game in the better sides to be honest. To me, he just

seems to lack the appetite for it.

Jeremy McGovern has played less than 20 games and is possibly looking at AA this year.

I think it was Wayne Carey who called him a natural footballer.

I reckon if Watts was drafted at 40 or 50 instead of number 1, he more than likely would've been delisted by now.

Haha.....he isn't an inside midfielder he is both an outside mid mobile ruck rover type very much in the style of jimmy Stynes and a few Hawks I can't recall, just lacks a few inches to be a mobile ruckman.

Sure the game was over but we had no drive around the middle of the park Watts changed that.....

I'm getting tired of defending the guy but there is a reason a few clubs were after him back at end of 2013, he still is young and around 195cm and you know the old story the bigger guys take a long time to develop.

As for the swans game they were never going to loose but to be honest Roos game plan is now dated even we under Danahier knocked the Swans off a couple if times, we just struggle to get the ball from centre on, which tells me we're still in need of 3 or 4 more midfielders.

Alex,

This poor young fellow was chucked straight into the fire,he really needs to go back and play a Lachie Hansen type role for a while.

He will be better for it in the longer term.Roo's should know that but he;s short of cattle as have the other coaches been.

True, he was thrown to the wolves in the early days, but he's in his 7th year now.

I don't think he would get a game in the better sides to be honest. To me, he just

Jeremy McGovern has played less than 20 games and is possibly looking at AA this year.

I reckon if Watts was drafted at 40 or 50 instead of number 1, he more than likely would've been delisted by now.

Pure Bullocks mr wills, and its his 5th season, mismanaged and all have recognized that, at the end of his contract the Blues and 2 others were quite keen to get there grubby hands on him he resigned with the new professional outfit that were running the club.

You keep forgetting the Dees would have to be the worst team going around since the Lions were forced to merge with Brisbane so come on guys not even god himself would get more than a few kicks in a game and he can sore 50 ft in the air.

Im positive anytime soon....as the club overall improves Mr Watts will be more than just a handy player....

Guy's, this is certainly different. I quite like it (I think) although

there would be quite a few games with little or no value. There

are now though I guess.

Thoughts?

Fixture top of the agenda for club CEOs meeting with the AFL

Under that proposal all clubs would play each other once in their first 17 games before the competition is split into three groups of six according to each club's ladder position (which could be after round 18 depending on byes).

The top six teams would then play each other once in the remaining five rounds for their position in the finals, the middle six teams would compete for seventh and eighth position and the bottom six teams would fight for draft positions.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-14/fixture-top-of-the-agenda-for-club-ceos-meeting-with-the-afl

Under that system would it be like having finals before the finals?

You would have two teams playing each other 3 times in 8 weeks. Home & Away, Finals, Grand final

Alex, you will be happy mate. They are discussing your conference system as a possible.

Typical tinker league style....root around but never quite get it right, the NFL seed the teams from there positions from the year before, in other words they play everyone in there divison twice then of the 4 divisions ( thinks its 4 maybe 5 in a conference) if they finished 3rd in there div they play all the other teams finishing 3rd in that conference....its something like that.

I would hate for them to implement the current proposal, it stinks, if anything clubs should be seeded so lower down ladder clubs from year before play each other twice and top clubs once....we have very smart computers now so it can be worked out....hey guys we could table the AFL with our proposal if enough get behind it...

Alex,

Pure Bullocks mr wills, and its his 5th season, mismanaged and all have recognized that, at the end of his contract the Blues and 2 others were quite keen to get there grubby hands on him he resigned with the new professional outfit that were running the club.

You keep forgetting the Dees would have to be the worst team going around since the Lions were forced to merge with Brisbane so come on guys not even god himself would get more than a few kicks in a game and he can sore 50 ft in the air.

Im positive anytime soon....as the club overall improves Mr Watts will be more than just a handy player....

Alex, Watts was first picked in the 2008 draft.

Started in the 2009, his is his 7th year.

Just because 2 other sides showed interest, it doesn't mean he is any good. But there

will always be interest in guys who are 195 cm plus, regardless of how poor they are,

in the hope they can come good.

You keep on saying he was mis-managed and in a poor side. Melbourne now have an

excellent coach and are much more competitive under Roosy, yet Watts still has been

unable to have an impact and has been relegated to sub.

I'm not sure how many times you can keep banging that drum.

He's been given a lot more opportunities than others.

Bottom line is, he's 24, been in the system for 7 years, played over 100 games.

Just when do you envisage the improvement will come?

Once again Friday night throws up a game guaranteed to give Tipsters a headache or two

No one like to lose the first game of the week, so this one is doubly hard because our old favourites, the seasoned veterans at letting us down, North Melbourne, are playing Essendon.

Regardless. I am backing the kangaroos to win by at least 18 points.

Unless I change my mind tomorrow giggle.gif

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Once again Friday night throws up a game guaranteed to give Tipsters a headache or two

No one like to lose the first game of the week, so this one is doubly hard because our old favourites, the seasoned veterans at letting us down, North Melbourne, are playing Essendon.

Regardless. I am backing the kangaroos to win by at least 18 points.

Unless I change my mind tomorrow giggle.gif

Yep

On paper this round looks easy enough.

I remember saying that last week thoughfacepalm.gif

North are playing pretty good footy though and I expect them

to beat Essendon

I reckon the WB could provide an upset against Freo.

Richmond versus Collingwood is a tricky one. I think

I over rated Collingwood this year when they really hadn't

beaten anyone.

Richmond have been terrible though.

I expect the Pies to get the choccies.

Good luck everyone.

I pencilled in Bullies against Freo also. Bulldogs home ground advantage.

Sydney V Geelong is at ANZ stadium, not the Swans favorite ground.

Collingwood will be hoping they can kick accurately this week.

• Like 1

I just hope tomorrow I pick the winner and close to the margin. My margin has skyrocketed. I hope Norths will win. Friday nights have seen upsets and big margins.

I agree WB could be the upset of the round.

Norths might be selecting Majak Daw

• Like 1

I just hope tomorrow I pick the winner and close to the margin. My margin has skyrocketed. I hope Norths will win. Friday nights have seen upsets and big margins.

I hope not

The saints are on a roll and fired up, could be an upset in Adelaide. Well maybe not.

I think Majak should be show the exit door.

Speaking of Majak, just read online that North are considering picking up his cousin, Dunny Dawfacepalm.gif

Sorry guys.

Dunny is known for his runs and sudden spurts from the ball

Speaking of North. Majak could well be in the frame. North is the top ranked team for making changes on the day. They have done it 5 times this year!

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Carlton are a chance this week.thumbsup.gif

They can't get any worse

I reckon Richmond v Collingwood is the dodgiest game this week to pick.

I favour Collingwood

Go the Woods. Apparently Eddie Everywhere has been appointed kicking coach.

• Like 1