Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Really impressed with the way Horse has handled himself this past few weeks.

His responses have been firm but measured.

First some stupid comments from Hardwick, and now some idiotic ones from Clarkson.

Hardwick telling jokes about Mrs Hardwick etc when they're winning premiership.

Clarkson only has to mention something about the state of the game and the AFL <deleted> themselves and makes changes.

Both showing their true colours a bit now when things aren't so rosy methinks.

• Like 2

Watching the Saturday Stretch and nearly spat the Maltesers out.

The host, Kath Loughnan said she was loving the 17 fixture season.
She asked Brad Johnson and Jordon Lewis what they thought.

Johnson said "it was the only fair way to go".

Lewis said "It sounds good in theory but it wouldn't be fair as some Melbourne clubs might have to travel to Perth and Adelaide when other teams in Melbourne might not have to".

FMD.

The mind boggles.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Lewis said "It sounds good in theory but it wouldn't be fair as some Melbourne clubs might have to travel to Perth and Adelaide when other teams in Melbourne might not have to".

FMD.

The mind boggles.

They are a bit soft living in the Melbourne bubble where they expect everybody to come to them and when they have to travel it's an imposition

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

They are a bit soft living in the Melbourne bubble

Been one helluva month in this part of the antipodes, totally abandoned by our sister states during the flu outbreak.

So go on, kick a Vic while we're down.   It's all about jealousy, isn't it???   Even car thieves are smarter in The Edgucation State.

1-50.jpg

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Will27 said:

You're a classic "flat earther" Uncle Alex:biggrin:

No im not a flat earth anything........the game....any game has evolved through decisons coaches make, look the aussie rules game didnt have much tinkering untill recent times, i cant recall many, the VFL rooting around every god dam season trying to prod something, what i do recall was the VFL trying to stop Essendon and Sheedy giving away free kicks particul;y against the mossie feet of the Blues in the 80's where they introduced the 50 meter penalty...a blight on ther game that day when it was introduced......then who was it? couple of ruckman wresting for position to tap the ball down at the centre square......didnt look bad to me......hasnt made the ruckmen any better at dropping the ball into the hands of someone either...

Pretty much every move the AFL have made in trying to speed up the game and opening up hasnt worked....becasue the coaches attack off defending, now do you recall when you had a grab for a mark 2 was enough to claim it? they dumped that on its head didnt they.....blind freddie and Bookman can see start paying them and the game starts to turn....you could add making the player taking the mark to have to go back and kick it rather than playing on....but i dont prefer that....how about paying frees, lot of dicey ones in the packs, congestion=frees god dam simple....

The dodo birds that push for 16 a side......VFA had it for years.....didnt stop scrums, flooding or anything and the reason many VFA sides kicked high scores were the same as for the VFL plus except lot of retired VFL players found themselves as pensioners for a couple of seasons in these sides.....

You know if the umpires were alowed to unpire a game like they did 20 years ago you might find a big change in the way the game is played fellas....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

FMD.

The mind boggles.

Pretty much every Vic team WILL be playing away for the bulk of the season.....havent heard any Vics complaining in this forum have you?

And i wont go on about the HUGH benifit for WA teams particuly for the Eagles who seldom loose at home, its just another day at the office for us Vic's....

And we have noticed how the Lions are home devils and away angels....Suns too.....

Dee's seem to like Sydney.......i recon its time to relocate.....South Melbourne can come home....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Radar501 said:

Been one helluva month in this part of the antipodes, totally abandoned by our sister states during the flu outbreak.

So go on, kick a Vic while we're down.   It's all about jealousy, isn't it???   Even car thieves are smarter in The Edgucation State.

1-50.jpg

Obviously a refugee from the Gold Coast .....hiding out at the Prom.....good detective work officer Radar...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

They are a bit soft living in the Melbourne bubble where they expect everybody to come to them and when they have to travel it's an imposition

Well you invited this.....i do recall several interstate clubs joining the VFL kid...thats the Victorian Football League....nothing has changed but the name in 30 years...."You better get use to it" and thats a song too....

2 hours ago, Radar501 said:

1-50.jpg

I wasnt saying all Victorians are jealous of the interstate setups ????

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Pretty much every Vic team WILL be playing away for the bulk of the season.....havent heard any Vics complaining in this forum have you?

And i wont go on about the HUGH benifit for WA teams particuly for the Eagles who seldom loose at home, its just another day at the office for us Vic's....

And we have noticed how the Lions are home devils and away angels....Suns too.....

Dee's seem to like Sydney.......i recon its time to relocate.....South Melbourne can come home....

Well after 4 years of defending the no advantage to Victorian home teams it would be strange if you complained about interstate clubs having an advantage ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Well after 4 years of defending the no advantage to Victorian home teams it would be strange if you complained about interstate clubs having an advantage ????

You could go watch something else you know.....banging on forever over the injustice of it all....gees break out the hankies......

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

You could go watch something else you know.....banging on forever over the injustice of it all....gees break out the hankies......

Dont get so defensive big fella.

No complaints here getting all the games in qld and Sydney .

No home ground advantage you know

????????????

50 minutes ago, Will27 said:

You had your chances there Uncle Alex.

The score review murdered you and the dumb 50 meter didn't help.

Reckon you just lack a bit of polish under pressure.

What was Hannan doing? With a minute and 40 seconds to go, he

goes deep to the pocket and kicks it out on the full.

He had Viney spare in the middle.

Just dumb.

There's always next week mate.

Coaching mate... How many years do they need to fix things?

• Like 1

Just noticed that the Swannies were the youngest team the past week.  Poor old Clarko, beaten by a bunch of inexperienced young fellas who arrived at the ground on the school bus carrying their cut lunches from mom n dad.

Rampe had a broken hand for half the game but was still almost the best for the Swans.

Looking like the Eagles are coming back to premiership favoritism ... Still a big question mark ono what will happen if the finals series is a bubble in Brisbane/Gold Coast...

Finals series in Perth and lock them in as flag winners

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Just noticed that the Swannies were the youngest team the past week.  Poor old Clarko, beaten by a bunch of inexperienced young fellas who arrived at the ground on the school bus carrying their cut lunches from mom n dad.

Rampe had a broken hand for half the game but was still almost the best for the Swans.

Looking like the Eagles are coming back to premiership favoritism ... Still a big question mark ono what will happen if the finals series is a bubble in Brisbane/Gold Coast...

Finals series in Perth and lock them in as flag winners

I see your President has come out and whacked Clarko.

He's looking like a sore loser TBH.

It's a strange season where the flag favourites are changing from week to week.

WC will probably have to enter another hub towards the back end of the year as well.

Still anyone's flag.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ozzydom said:

I think its time to drop Kozzy Pickett .he is definatelty not Afl standard at this early stage of his career, maybe replace him with Neill-Bullen for a bit of speed.

Melbourne looks so close to breakout but it seems to be continual stuff that you would reckon they have trained for  dozens of times.
Might come good for them towards season end .. if they can make finals

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I see your President has come out and whacked Clarko.

He's looking like a sore loser TBH.

It's a strange season where the flag favourites are changing from week to week.

WC will probably have to enter another hub towards the back end of the year as well.

Still anyone's flag.

Doesnt making tipping easy this year .. for me

Once again I have been let down by Port and Collingwood