Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

22 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Left footers are like GOLD.

We need at least 5 this year to put in North's squad.

Kicking with the left foot and no talent or inexprianced wont help you a bit....Been there done that....Like there alergic to recycle coaches and loving the total rebuild its a worry....i have to say Eagles Swans Pies and a few more didnt need to trash there list and start again.....

You can save you money on not paying a streaming servie for your footy for at least the next 3 ys Fj.....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Hows WILL coping this week...just reruns of great Eagle games?

Watching a few of the "best finals ever" on Fox Alex.

The 2018 GF on again soon.

I watched the Freo vs Geelong final played at the Cattery yesteday.

Leaving out WC games, was one the best finals I've ever seen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

As an ex coach left footers help you on all the lines with the ability to be able to turn inwards which makes a player down field time his leads better.

It maybe old school compared to today's rugby style take territory and contested ball But that wheel will eventually turn again as kicking to 45 increases though out the league as 90% cannot kick on there Wrong foot to a standard. 

Was watching fox great games and that side of Hawks had heaps.

Rioli,Young,Lewis,Hodge,Smith,Guerra,Birchal,Dew,Roughhead,Ellis,not sure who i missed.

Beware of the Bulldogs this year-Bontenpelli,Hunter,McCrea,Naughton,Libatore,Crozier,Durea,R Smith,Keith,Suckling,Richards and Bruce. 

Watch this space.???? 

I know what your talking about....i trawl the EU looking for wingers (in my game) who can play both sides and the centre and when i get a couple i shoot up the ladder...

• Like 1

Im on my 4th NfL game for the weekend and managed to slip in a Premier league game as well last night.....Good news there easing restrictions in CorVidVictora from tomorrow.....expecting to get a call soon to go back to work ....yippieeeeee....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, farmerjo said:

As an ex coach left footers help you on all the lines with the ability to be able to turn inwards which makes a player down field time his leads better.

It maybe old school compared to today's rugby style take territory and contested ball But that wheel will eventually turn again as kicking to 45 increases though out the league as 90% cannot kick on there Wrong foot to a standard. 

Was watching fox great games and that side of Hawks had heaps.

Rioli,Young,Lewis,Hodge,Smith,Guerra,Birchal,Dew,Roughhead,Ellis,not sure who i missed.

Beware of the Bulldogs this year-Bontenpelli,Hunter,McCrea,Naughton,Libatore,Crozier,Durea,R Smith,Keith,Suckling,Richards and Bruce. 

Watch this space.???? 

Go the lefties

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What i mean Fj is i go for duel feet wingers....who i can teach to play both wings and centre...but the  new game is more "real" like....

Managed to squeeze in a Leeds game before bed time...hahaha....its very nice that there is no AFL football this weeknd.....im over it.....

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

I used to support Leeds when I was a youngster.

Billy Bremner, Peter Lorimer and later on Harry Kewell were my favourites.

Had the kit, beanie, the works.

Chips found this photo of YoungWilly in his kit

Looks like the teeth are the same and he still has those boyish looks

LittleWilly.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Will27 said:

I used to support Leeds when I was a youngster.

Billy Bremner, Peter Lorimer and later on Harry Kewell were my favourites.

Had the kit, beanie, the works.

I use to go for Tottenham when they had the 2 Argentineans ( about 1985) in the team kinda followed them for years bro inlaw bought back a scarf for me etc......I was a big Mark Viduca fan so have a soft spot for Celtic, Leeds and Newcastlle United, id say NU is prob my fave team there but i love the way Leeds plays now under there Argentianian manager, they say when he took over there 3 ys ago every player in the team lost on average 5kgs from his training methods, there relentless and constantly on the attack, there very good to watch you should tune in they knocked off Sheffield United last night 0-1 so far there 2-1.

Once met a Pommy guy in BKK about 8 ys ago we were in a sports store he was looking for Newcastle gear, he casualy said to me they were very painful to follow, made me laugh the Demons do that to me too......

Well rumours swirling around CorVidVictoria this moring... ....the MaCs are been packaged off to the Swans a key forward and a good back.......Just what they need up there, with the draft pick on offer Dee's will put in the hands of the Happless Roos something like a 3rd round pick for Bennie......Big shake up in the Dee's midfeild too.....looking to off load a couple hifernated guy might be off to Perth, they love to pick up mids there.....What about Joe you say? Neil is still trying to talk Joe around i hear....so its not out of the question just yet.... Well we can dream cant we?

Ps.....why do Leeds were white? Well back before being champions there manager had been in awue of Real Madrid who play in a white strip so to mimick the ever so powerful he was behind there change of playing strip.....and there worn white ever since....its also my preference, Marseilles who i also like a lot in France wheres white.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

https://www.afl.com.au/news/510542/third-time-lucky-giants-swans-among-clubs-keen-on-big-demon Well i never quite understood going for Preuss and not giving him a go, since there determind to run one ruck man the whole game it didnt make sense to me, I like this guy and hes a goer so good luck if you go north, Swans and GWS keen to get there hands on him...all off a sudden we have some trading options....

https://www.afl.com.au/news/510958/the-price-you-have-to-pay-all-the-top-trade-targets-and-their-market-value judging by this they think Darcy Moore is worth a late first round pick....there in dream land.....hes not that good, better than leaver but no tby 200,000........

Dee's typical style lowball a contract to Jack Viney and hes thinking about moving on....kid move on, maybe Blues and Cats would be better place to be for him, you see i like Jack but i belive we need a new mix in the middle we have to many of the same type....Port could be his new home if he leaves...Best mates with Olie Wines.....

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2020-clubbyclub-trade-period-guide-state-of-play-draft-picks-who-will-be-traded/news-story/f21f01a49cc035bc0d36082dde6d14f4 And the news is even more biting here.....Tom MacDonald a chance to go to North for Ben Brown and maybe Polec, Well Fj he can play down back though tends to be a bit loose for my liking and the deal would make sense for both clubs since there both of the boil and seen better years, and around the same age and come in 2 to 300,000 cheaper for North and he would take a 3 year deal, the Viney situation thickens, well i dont like free agency and trading so much but its now here weather you like it or not in the NFL and soccer close to half the team is replaced each year...

And no move from the Eagles and yet they WILL be there next year and the following etc etc.....

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

I use to go for Tottenham when they had the 2 Argentineans ( about 1985) in the team kinda followed them for years bro inlaw bought back a scarf for me etc......I was a big Mark Viduca fan so have a soft spot for Celtic, Leeds and Newcastlle United, id say NU is prob my fave team there but i love the way Leeds plays now under there Argentianian manager, they say when he took over there 3 ys ago every player in the team lost on average 5kgs from his training methods, there relentless and constantly on the attack, there very good to watch you should tune in they knocked off Sheffield United last night 0-1 so far there 2-1.

Once met a Pommy guy in BKK about 8 ys ago we were in a sports store he was looking for Newcastle gear, he casualy said to me they were very painful to follow, made me laugh the Demons do that to me too......

Well rumours swirling around CorVidVictoria this moring... ....the MaCs are been packaged off to the Swans a key forward and a good back.......Just what they need up there, with the draft pick on offer Dee's will put in the hands of the Happless Roos something like a 3rd round pick for Bennie......Big shake up in the Dee's midfeild too.....looking to off load a couple hifernated guy might be off to Perth, they love to pick up mids there.....What about Joe you say? Neil is still trying to talk Joe around i hear....so its not out of the question just yet.... Well we can dream cant we?

Ps.....why do Leeds were white? Well back before being champions there manager had been in awue of Real Madrid who play in a white strip so to mimick the ever so powerful he was behind there change of playing strip.....and there worn white ever since....its also my preference, Marseilles who i also like a lot in France wheres white.

Melbourne has offered to subsidise 400k of Tom's $900k paycheck for Sydney to take him

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Uncle Alex

If you haven't seen this series, give it a crack.

It's sensational.

All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur

The money these clubs have is mind boggling.

Spurs have 10 full time physio's.

• Like 1

I can see a case for it this year only.

‘Tosh! Baloney!’: Gerard Whateley tees off at AFL’s pre-finals bye

AFL 360 co-host Gerard Whateley has taken aim at the pre-finals bye, labelling it “an unnecessary irritant” and calling for it to be scrapped moving forward.

The bye was introduced in 2016 with the intent to enhance the quality of finals matches through giving players more chance to recover ahead of the showcase matches, while it dissuaded teams from resting an inordinate number of key players in the final round.

Speaking on SEN, Whateley urged the league to make this year the last for the controversial fixture decision.

“This is the last year that we should accept the pre-finals bye. It is an unnecessary irritant. We need the AFL to hear this, there’s revisionist history that’s been allowed to wash through the need for the bye,” he said.

“It was instituted because teams were manipulating Round 23 and the league wanted to protect the integrity of the home and away season. We’re now told it’s to enhance the quality of the finals. Tosh! Baloney!

“To accept that proposition, you’d have to hold the view that every finals series prior to 2016 was diminished by the convention to play through and we all know that’s pure nonsense. It’s the season’s single biggest momentum killer. Spare me the argument it builds anticipation, that was always there.”

Whateley suggested the league’s motives for the bye were different to the views most commonly held about its introduction.

“I suspect what actually happens is the week off helps the league sell its finals tickets - that’s not nearly enough justification for the irritation that its caused,” he said.

“Its outlived its usefulness. If the AFL is obsessed with holding the finals back then it should at the very least implement wildcard weekend and stage two games to keep the footy going.

“I’d be happy to hear one single argument in favour of the pre-finals bye.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

If true, they should probably do the same with Lever.

Dont listen to Books hes trying to wind me up, he does it all the time to me with scores if im a late tuner inner which i am....

Tom wouldnt be on much more than 550,000 600,000 tops was only around 25 when he innked a new deal, it seems like hes been around forever he was still very young playing key defence and reminded me of the Nathan Jones early days shooting off hand passes to the opposition, hes worth a punt if we dont want him as i couldnt understand Goodwin not throwing him down back to get "some Form" seriously we have a bunch of dead beat coaches who dont know what there doing.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I don't know why Preuss ever considered going to Melbourne TBH.

He was only ever going to play when Gawn was injured.

Darcy Moore is an absolute jet I think.

I don't know why Viney was flicked for the captaincy for Gawn.

Has never really been addressed publicly anyway.

Viney is a heart and sole player.

You don't want him going.

I said it when it happend....Gawn is up for a new contact sometime soon, being captain made him more expensive if he was to go down the trade or FA route, we would get a 1st round pick for max dead sure if he left, on top of that all so more likely to be able to hang on to him if he is the captain and even more again justified in offering a big fat juicy contract they also at the time expected Viney to stick around no matter what his pop is working with the club in some fairly good capacity and played his entire career in the centre for us..... as i said there not the smartest since Roos left, Viney hasnt moved into elite status as was expected as captain his contract would be bumbed to reflect that....

Edited by AlexRRR

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I can see a case for it this year only.

‘Tosh! Baloney!’: Gerard Whateley tees off at AFL’s pre-finals bye

AFL 360 co-host Gerard Whateley has taken aim at the pre-finals bye, labelling it “an unnecessary irritant” and calling for it to be scrapped moving forward.

The bye was introduced in 2016 with the intent to enhance the quality of finals matches through giving players more chance to recover ahead of the showcase matches, while it dissuaded teams from resting an inordinate number of key players in the final round.

Speaking on SEN, Whateley urged the league to make this year the last for the controversial fixture decision.

“This is the last year that we should accept the pre-finals bye. It is an unnecessary irritant. We need the AFL to hear this, there’s revisionist history that’s been allowed to wash through the need for the bye,” he said.

“It was instituted because teams were manipulating Round 23 and the league wanted to protect the integrity of the home and away season. We’re now told it’s to enhance the quality of the finals. Tosh! Baloney!

“To accept that proposition, you’d have to hold the view that every finals series prior to 2016 was diminished by the convention to play through and we all know that’s pure nonsense. It’s the season’s single biggest momentum killer. Spare me the argument it builds anticipation, that was always there.”

Whateley suggested the league’s motives for the bye were different to the views most commonly held about its introduction.

“I suspect what actually happens is the week off helps the league sell its finals tickets - that’s not nearly enough justification for the irritation that its caused,” he said.

“Its outlived its usefulness. If the AFL is obsessed with holding the finals back then it should at the very least implement wildcard weekend and stage two games to keep the footy going.

“I’d be happy to hear one single argument in favour of the pre-finals bye.”

The Byee is rubbish, clubs the world over rest players if they can the bye makes a mockery of being one of the good clubs that earned a rest, i know the Tigers did it but gees lesser clubs would not have handled 2 games in 5 weeks....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Sorry Uncle Alex

Melbourne's best player announcing his retirement today

Harry has retired, pretty sure they told him to pee off if he wasnt going to pay the 50 gees out of his new contract....... So you know all the press about Harry was bullocks but North are looking for players so you dont know.....then again Sydney have proved pretty good in turning wayward stars around so its not over just yet, and of course Eagles always on the look aout for a classy mid.....was worth a punt but not much bettween the ears WILL always handicap you, the 350,000 he got for this year WILL all be peed up against the wall by mid next year and the fella WILL be back playing for West Perth or someone....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Dont listen to Books hes trying to wind me up, he does it all the time to me with scores if im a late tuner inner which i am....

Tom wouldnt be on much more than 550,000 600,000 tops was only around 25 when he innked a new deal, it seems like hes been around forever he was still very young playing key defence and reminded me of the Nathan Jones early days shooting off hand passes to the opposition, hes worth a punt if we dont want him as i couldnt understand Goodwin not throwing him down back to get "some Form" seriously we have a bunch of dead beat coaches who dont know what there doing.....

Melbourne has recent form for overpaying Uncle... I give you Jake Lever as am example.  take a $500 player and give him 900k ????