Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

8 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Mass Deception usually conducted within individual totalitarian nations. 
Linked with mass hysteria / mass psychosis and propaganda as witnessed in North Korea but also recently in even free nations with Covid & Identity Politics. 

Yep, it cannot happen in US.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Gods/God were/was the First Age.

Science is the arrived, but still competing with religion, Second.

The religion that remains in the developed world is "vestigial" (hence it is now possible to deny religion/God in that world without being executed, tortured or banished from society).

That in the developing world will become the same eventually..........they have had a much later start.

But It will all pass.

It's taken a long time to get this far.........and there is a long way to go yet.

A very long way.

Yes. In Civilized Advanced Societies, Religion is being naturally & rapidly replaced by Reason & Science.

If Islam (in uncivilized places) removed Death as sanction for renouncing it, Islam would perhaps be reduced / reformed in two hundred years much like Christianity similarly has been. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

and he created billions of planets?,so what about the other gods people believe in ,are they false?

I answered this question many times and to you directly as well. 

I see no point in repeating myself.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

That's right. It may be correct, or it may not.
We can see/feel there is a force at work, but we don't know how it works exactly. Hence it's a theory, not a fact.

So we don't know how gravity works and yet we can send a telescope to a region of space (L2) millions of miles away, a place where we know the gravitational effects of the Sun and Earth cancel each other out. And this was done using Newton's Law's that are accurate to one part in 10 million. Einstein's theory is accurate to one part in 10^14, thats a 1 with 14 zeros. God must be hiding at the 14th decimal place. ????

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elad said:

So we don't know how gravity works and yet we can send a telescope to a region of space (L2) millions of miles away, a place where we know the gravitational effects of the Sun and Earth cancel each other out. And this was done using Newton's Law's that are accurate to one part in 10 million. Einstein's theory is accurate to one part in 10^14, thats a 1 with 14 zeros. God must be hiding at the 14th decimal place. ????

I suggest you write to the scientific community, explaining to them your amazing insights and discoveries, so that we may finally upgrade those theories and make them indisputable facts. 

I'm surprised that such a brilliant mind as yours is wasting time here with us intellectual lowlifes. Must be our lucky day....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elad said:

Some people, deliberately or not, confuse science and technology. 

Science is supposed to look for the well being of everyone, while technology can be bought by individuals, who will use it against the general interest. 

TV is a classic, it entertains and makes one dumb at the same time.

Technology, the good and the bad, is indeed something to respect, but it doesn't answer the main question. 

Why are we here ?

Not many are interested to find a definite answer, because there's no money to be made.

Money has become the new God since a few thousand years, but this will sound very inconvenient to most ears.

Nothing right or wrong with that, it's part of the spiritual evolution for those who care.

So, again, what is science, and what are its benefits ?

• Thanks 1

It is estimated there are around 2 trillion galaxies in the universe, some of which are similar to our Milky Way galaxy. It is also estimated there are about 100 million stars (or suns) in the average galaxy, which means there are probably about 'two hundred million trillion' stars in the universe.

Most stars probably have a number of orbiting planets, as our own solar system does, so the total number of planets in the universe is mind-bogglingly lage; probably far greater than 2 hundred, million, trillion.
It is therefore quite reasonable to assume that there are many millions of planets in the universe where various forms of life have evolved.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

It is therefore quite reasonable to assume that there are many millions of planets in the universe where various forms of life have evolved.

Agree, and it's reasonable imho to assume that there are hierarchies of consciousness and hierarchies of physical beings in the universe, as we can see on a smaller scale on our planet. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

It is estimated there are around 2 trillion galaxies in the universe, some of which are similar to our Milky Way galaxy. It is also estimated there are about 100 million stars (or suns) in the average galaxy, which means there are probably about 'two hundred million trillion' stars in the universe.

Most stars probably have a number of orbiting planets, as our own solar system does, so the total number of planets in the universe is mind-bogglingly lage; probably far greater than 2 hundred, million, trillion.

i wonder do they believe in God and Jesus ,i mean we cant even agree amongst the different races on our one planet.

On 6/15/2022 at 5:03 AM, ivor bigun said:

i wonder do they believe in God and Jesus ,i mean we cant even agree amongst the different races on our one planet.

If my belief is true, yes they do, it is stored in the dna that travels space ???? the memory other confused by calling it consciousness. 

35 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If my belief is true, yes they do, it is stored in the dna that travels space ???? the memory other confused by calling it consciousness. 

Are you saying that genetic memory is unconscious?

The way I see it, there can be no memory without consciousness. 

Or are you suggesting that consciousness can be unconscious?

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Are you saying that genetic memory is unconscious?

The way I see it, there can be no memory without consciousness. 

Or are you suggesting that consciousness can be unconscious?

What did I really say? I do not know, I believe we have and bring our own universe wherever we go, and we connect to other people or Nature (god) in different ways, and we also express and understand it different based on our genetic memory, learned and experienced memory, as well influence from observing nature , people, drugs and food. 

We are the ones who create our own illusions, based on what we finely want it to be, not what it is, because that no walking human being knows yet. 

You can claim you know something, but that is your reality. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

What did I really say? I do not know, I believe we have and bring our own universe wherever we go, and we connect to other people or Nature (god) in different ways, and we also express and understand it different based on our genetic memory, learned and experienced memory, as well influence from observing nature , people, drugs and food. 

We are the ones who create our own illusions, based on what we finely want it to be, not what it is, because that no walking human being knows yet. 

You can claim you know something, but that is your reality. 

Ok, i agree with what you say here.

In fact, we can only try, sometimes without success, to describe reality with words.

My point is very simple, there cannot be memory without consciousness. 

.. and, consciousness doesn't belong only to humans, we are just part of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Ok, i agree with what you say here.

In fact, we can only try, sometimes without success, to describe reality with words.

My point is very simple, there cannot be memory without consciousness. 

.. and, consciousness doesn't belong only to humans, we are just part of it.

It is hard to argue against your great and short response, and I find it, to be the correct way to understand it, and also the correct way to express it without using 2500 words ????

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It is hard to argue against your great and short response and I find that the correct way to understand it, and also the correct way to express it without using 2500 words ????

Thanks for saying that, actually I'm trying my best to be short and clear, although i admit that i can be misunderstood quite often, if not even plainly wrong. 

It's possible, as some people here seem to think, that humans are the pinnacle of all knowledge, and the center of the universe, but in my opinion that's very unlikely. 

Edited by mauGR1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Thanks for saying that, actually I'm trying my best to be short and clear, although i admit that i can be misunderstood quite often, if not even plainly wrong. 

It's possible, as some people here seem to think, that humans are the pinnacle of all knowledge, and the center of the universe, but in my opinion that's very unlikely. 

To get things into perspective, considering the likelihood that there are hundreds of trillions of planets in the universe, the closest stars to our planet Earth, with orbiting planets similar in size, are around 4.25 to 4.35 light years away.

"The two main stars are Alpha Centauri A and Alpha Centauri B, which form a binary pair. They are about 4.35 light-years from Earth, according to NASA. The third star is called Proxima Centauri or Alpha Centauri C, and it is about 4.25 light-years from Earth, making it the closest star other than the sun."
https://www.space.com/18090-alpha-centauri-nearest-star-system.html

Now, the fastest speed we have ever achieved in a spacecraft, so far, is 164 km per second. The speed of light is 299,792 kilometers per second. Dividing 299,792 by 164, then multiplying by 4.25, we get 7,769.
In other words, if we were able to travel continuously at our current maximum speed of 164 km/sec in a spacecraft, it would takes us 7,769 years to reach the closest orbiting planet outside of our solar system. 

Even if we were able to increase that speed by 10x, as technology develops, it would still take almost 800 years to reach Proxima Centauri, which has an orbiting planet about 1.4x the mass of the Earth.

"Astronomers announced in August 2016 that they had detected an Earth-size planet orbiting Proxima Centauri. 
The planet is also in the star's habitable zone, that just-right range of distances from a star where liquid water can exist on the surface of a body."

9 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

To get things into perspective, considering the likelihood that there are hundreds of trillions of planets in the universe, the closest stars to our planet Earth, with orbiting planets similar in size, are around 4.25 to 4.35 light years

Ok, but while your data suggest that it's impossible for humans, at the moment, to visit other solar systems, don't forget that the history of flying machines is just about 120 years old, which is nothing in the big picture. 

If there are aliens able to travel those enormous distances, i wouldn't expect them to use metal ships fuelled by kerosene, i would expect them to have a better technology. 

Of course this is just speculation. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this one, anyone seen it yet? 

Critic Reviews for A Glitch in the Matrix

February 7, 2021 | Rating: 3/5 | Full Review… The result is lively, playful, and busy - in a very good way. A Glitch in the Matrix becomes not about whether we're living in a simulation but about the many understandable reasons someone may think this.

What if we are living in a simulation, and the world as we know it is not real? To tackle this mind-bending idea, acclaimed filmmaker Rodney Ascher (ROOM 237, THE NIGHTMARE) uses a noted speech from Philip K. Dick to dive down the rabbit hole of science, philosophy, and conspiracy theory. Leaving no stone unturned in exploring the unprovable, the film uses contemporary cultural touchstones like THE MATRIX, interviews with real people shrouded in digital avatars, and a wide array of voices, expert and amateur alike. If simulation theory is not science fiction but fact, and life is a video game being played by some unknowable entity, then who are we, really? A GLITCH IN THE MATRIX attempts to find out.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_glitch_in_the_matrix

20 hours ago, Hummin said:

Just found this one, anyone seen it yet? 

Critic Reviews for A Glitch in the Matrix

February 7, 2021 | Rating: 3/5 | Full Review… The result is lively, playful, and busy - in a very good way. A Glitch in the Matrix becomes not about whether we're living in a simulation but about the many understandable reasons someone may think this.

What if we are living in a simulation, and the world as we know it is not real? To tackle this mind-bending idea, acclaimed filmmaker Rodney Ascher (ROOM 237, THE NIGHTMARE) uses a noted speech from Philip K. Dick to dive down the rabbit hole of science, philosophy, and conspiracy theory. Leaving no stone unturned in exploring the unprovable, the film uses contemporary cultural touchstones like THE MATRIX, interviews with real people shrouded in digital avatars, and a wide array of voices, expert and amateur alike. If simulation theory is not science fiction but fact, and life is a video game being played by some unknowable entity, then who are we, really? A GLITCH IN THE MATRIX attempts to find out.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_glitch_in_the_matrix

Yes, if one dares to think, it's obvious that we are living in a sort of " simulation ".

" illusion " is another word that has been used since time immemorial to describe the material world and our relationship with it.

The material world is a sort of mirror which reflects the work of realities that are not so easily perceived, but existing nonetheless. 

Nothing new under the sun.

To get back to the original heading, "do you believe in God and why" I would ask, "which one?"

One of the Norse gods perhaps, or Roman or Greek gods, then of course there are the myriads of other gods around the planet to whom various peoples have "prayed", and then there are people/races and those who have existed alongside of these beliefs and don't really believe in a god per se, but have lived long and happy lives!

But if you are a Hindu you have a choice because in Hinduism there are said to be 330,000,000 gods – – take your pick!

The sooner we come to understand that the "God delusion" is real, then the sooner we can stop squabbling about "religion" and get on with fixing other things in the world.

On 6/11/2022 at 6:55 AM, Sunmaster said:

I suggest you write to the scientific community, explaining to them your amazing insights and discoveries, so that we may finally upgrade those theories and make them indisputable facts. 

I'm surprised that such a brilliant mind as yours is wasting time here with us intellectual lowlifes. Must be our lucky day....

We know that Gravity Exists and can be Measured and used for Space / Earth Flight for example, which would otherwise be Impossible. so Gravity clearly isn’t just a Theory, it’s a Known Force and Measurable/ Useable. 

We may not yet know all about how it works but same true of Human Brain. Is our Brain a Theory too then ? 

You seem determined & delighted to keep humanity in mysterious ignorance, and not to prove scientific facts, like some medieval RC Priest mumbling incantations. ????????

• Haha 1