Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

23 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

It's obvious we are not on same wave-length.

And sorry (but not really) if my views upset you.

Im totally ok with the fact you and me are not on the same wave lenght. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Not sure I have ever read so much rubbish in my life.....maybe I am dreaming?

It is really coming for a day one and everyone now who they are and what they are thinking!

Jeeeeeezzzzz and Bud come back please and clean the temple!

Just now, Tagged said:

It is really coming for a day one and everyone now who they are and what they are thinking!

Jeeeeeezzzzz and Bud come back please and clean the temple!

I'm curious....what do you feel is so outrageous?

The Vedas are the religious texts which inform the religion of Hinduism (also known as Sanatan Dharma meaning “Eternal Order” or “Eternal Path”). The term veda means “knowledge” in that they are thought to contain the fundamental knowledge relating to the underlying cause of, function of, and personal response to existence. They are considered among the oldest, if not the oldest, religious works in the world. They are commonly referred to as “scripture”, which is accurate in that they can be defined as holy writ concerning the nature of the Divine. Unlike the scriptures of other religions, however, the Vedas are not thought to have been revealed to a certain person or persons at a specific historical moment; they are believed to have always existed and were apprehended by sages in deep meditative states at some point prior to c. 1500 BCE but precisely when is unknown.
https://www.ancient.eu/The_Vedas/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sunmaster said:

I'm curious....what do you feel is so outrageous?

The Vedas are the religious texts which inform the religion of Hinduism (also known as Sanatan Dharma meaning “Eternal Order” or “Eternal Path”). The term veda means “knowledge” in that they are thought to contain the fundamental knowledge relating to the underlying cause of, function of, and personal response to existence. They are considered among the oldest, if not the oldest, religious works in the world. They are commonly referred to as “scripture”, which is accurate in that they can be defined as holy writ concerning the nature of the Divine. Unlike the scriptures of other religions, however, the Vedas are not thought to have been revealed to a certain person or persons at a specific historical moment; they are believed to have always existed and were apprehended by sages in deep meditative states at some point prior to c. 1500 BCE but precisely when is unknown.
https://www.ancient.eu/The_Vedas/

No...it just some stuff someone came up with.

• Like 1

Just now, Surelynot said:

No...it just some stuff someone came up with.

1000s of years of gathering knowledge by spiritual seekers, first passed on orally from master to disciples, then written down for future generations....all that flushed down the toilet in 1 second by the wise Surelynot. 

Ohhhh ok, that really explains it then. ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sunmaster said:

1000s of years of gathering knowledge by spiritual seekers, first passed on orally from master to disciples, then written down for future generations....all that flushed down the toilet in 1 second by the wise Surelynot. 

...and thousands of years have passed since then during which our 'knowledge' has expanded exponentially and we no longer need to use this rubbish as a crutch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Surelynot said:

...and thousands of years have passed since then during which our 'knowledge' has expanded exponentially and we no longer need to use this rubbish as a crutch.

The knowledge of the material world, yes. But that knowledge alone is not enough to explain everything, least of all the spiritual realms. Not now and not in another 1000 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

I think the world has moved on from the stuff you follow. Weddings and funerals are near all that remains. 

But, it's good you have a hobby....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

I think the world has moved on from the stuff you follow. Weddings and funerals are near all that remains. 

But, it's good you have a hobby....:thumbsup:

Your condescending tone doesn't affect me, nor does it change the fact that what you say is far from the truth, as millions of people with that "hobby" can easily testify.
But it's good (for some) to use shortcuts of the mind...:thumbsup:

Edited by Sunmaster

4 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Your condescending tone doesn't affect me, nor does it change the fact that what you say is far from the truth, as millions of people with that "hobby" can easily testify.
But it's good (for some) to use shortcuts of the mind...:thumbsup:

"Condescending", hmmm see what I mean, I write something and you "assume", same with the "books" folk follow.

Jehovah Witness, ISIS, others, all have their own view on the written word from a zillion years back, daft stuff ensues.

I am a religious outsider, but when I see what all the different religions are doing it really does make me shake my head....

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

"Condescending", hmmm see what I mean, I write something and you "assume", same with the "books" folk follow.

Jehovah Witness, ISIS, others, all have their own view on the written word from a zillion years back, daft stuff ensues.

I am a religious outsider, but when I see what all the different religions are doing it really does make me shake my head....

I. AM. NOT. RELIGIOUS.

I've stated this again and again in the past year and I really don't know how else to say it for you people to understand.

So, calling the search for spiritual knowledge a "hobby" is not condescending? I assumed wrong? Please, at least be honest and own it. This just makes you look weak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

I. AM. NOT. RELIGIOUS.

I've stated this again and again in the past year and I really don't know how else to say it for you people to understand.

So, calling the search for spiritual knowledge a "hobby" is not condescending? I assumed wrong? Please, at least be honest and own it. This just makes you look weak.

Perhaps those who need a "spiritual crutch" are the weak ones........:whistling:

Now if you were a Jehovah Witness guy you would not have written that, I had JW friends, husband and wife, we had some interesting discussions before they left me alone, we got on great...:stoner:

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

Perhaps those who need a "spiritual crutch" are the weak ones........:whistling:

Now if you were a Jehovah Witness guy you would not have written that, I had JW friends, husband and wife, we had some interesting discussions before they left me alone, we got on great...:stoner:

Weak spirited people have a need to put down something to make themselves look better. 
Are you one of those?

3 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Weak spirited people have a need to put down something to make themselves look better. 
Are you one of those?

I think you are getting confused chummy, I look down or up to no man, this is a discussion forum, if you don't like my opposite stance to yours and make assumptions about myself then I think you have a big problem, which really buries all the stuff you have been spouting....

In fact your post sums you up, not me....   ????

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I feel sorry for those of us that believe that there's no such thing as a soul and that when you die, that's the end.

The reason?

Because when all these religious types and so called spiritualists die, they will never know that they were wrong and wasted valuable time on a fairy tale.

We will become one ???? Dust to Dust and so on

51 minutes ago, transam said:

I think you are getting confused chummy, I look down or up to no man, this is a discussion forum, if you don't like my opposite stance to yours and make assumptions about myself then I think you have a big problem, which really buries all the stuff you have been spouting....

In fact your post sums you up, not me....   ????

No confusion on my side, but whatever makes you sleep at night, mate. ????

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I feel sorry for those of us that believe that there's no such thing as a soul and that when you die, that's the end.

The reason?

Because when all these religious types and so called spiritualists die, they will never know that they were wrong and wasted valuable time on a fairy tale.

Sorry, but this is just nonsense.
What do you know about what people "waste their time" upon? Is trying to grow as an individual a waste of time? Is trying to know what you truly are a waste of time? Is trying to do good and help others a waste of time?
Even if there's nothing after death, the time you spent doing those things will have been the best time you've spent in your life.

Or maybe we should all rather go to Soi 6 and get drunk, in the knowledge that this is our only life, so better not miss those valuable opportunities, right? ????

Edited by Sunmaster

6 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

No confusion on my side, but whatever makes you sleep at night, mate. ????

Tiredness makes all earths creatures sleep, that is fact.

Talking about creatures, do you think the zillions of earths creatures, other than man, need a god, worship a god or even think about spiritual stuff.

Now I don't think so, you may, but I think the only thing all earths creatures think about is food and reproduction....????

Just now, transam said:

Talking about creatures, do you think the zillions of earths creatures, other than man, need a god, worship a god or even think about spiritual stuff.

Now I don't think so, you may, but I think the only thing all earths creatures think about is food and reproduction....????

No, I don't think they worship (a) God or even have the need to do so.
Humans are animals, but we're a bit different from the other zillions of creatures on earth, don't you agree?

Are you saying we should only care about food and sex, like the other animals? Would the world be a better place? 

Just now, transam said:

I think about my family, music, hunting, fishing and traveling also

2 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

No, I don't think they worship (a) God or even have the need to do so.
Humans are animals, but we're a bit different from the other zillions of creatures on earth, don't you agree?

Are you saying we should only care about food and sex, like the other animals? Would the world be a better place? 

I thought humans did exactly the same as animals, for me it started when I was 13, and only decreased when I was in my 50's, and I think I am a normal male.

The one difference that humans have is to think create, hands that can create, that's why we have move on, but behind it, we still have that food and reproduction thing, nobody can deny that. Even some of your clergymen have buckled under the "sex" thinking strain.

We are all animals, creatures of this planet with very similar habits...????  

Just now, transam said:

I thought humans did exactly the same as animals, for me it started when I was 13, and only decreased when I was in my 50's, and I think I am a normal male.

The one difference that humans have is to think create, hands that can create, that's why we have move on, but behind it, we still have that food and reproduction thing, nobody can deny that. Even some of your clergymen have buckled under the "sex" thinking strain.

We are all animals, creatures of this planet with very similar habits...????  

Nobody denies that sex is an extremely strong driving force. If you suppress it without knowing how to redirect the excess energy, then you're in for trouble. "Their" clergymen know a thing or two about that.

At the same time though, there are enough people who have successfully mastered that energy and see sex as a waste of time (and energy), because they have more important goals in their lives.

The world is beautiful because it is varied.