White supremacist executed in Texas for dragging death of black man

webfact

10 hours ago, bdenner said:

While I sit on the fence when it comes to capital punishment I can't come to terms over the extraordinary period between sentencing and execution. 20 years for appeals and bureaucracy - at what cost to the victims family emotionally and the community financially???

Or, at what gain for the scores of lawyers involved.

17 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

I don't think he will rot in PURGATORY as it is a place to expiate your sins before going to Heaven.

He will rot in HELL. A place for all white supremacists including POTUS.

Unfortunately for him, he won't ever get out of purgatory because he has no conscience. There was never a moment of remorse or regret regarding the murder he committed, or indeed the murders he advocated 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bdenner said:

While I sit on the fence when it comes to capital punishment I can't come to terms over the extraordinary period between sentencing and execution. 20 years for appeals and bureaucracy - at what cost to the victims family emotionally and the community financially???

That's because people like you sit on the fence.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:49 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

Texas should dust of their "old sparky" for selected cases.

...but don't we risk becoming just the same as the people that commit horrific crimes when we condone barbaric methods of execution/killing, like cooking someone alive in the electric chair?????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

of course we do but you're never going to get that past the knuckle draggers (until its one of their family that is wrongly executed!)

So, Garde Ta Foy, we are to presume that you attended Magdalene.  Though most Cambridge people that I have associated with are not quite so sarcastic.

I'm also terribly conflicted about Capital Punishment.

Of course there are always miscarriages of justice, people can spend their whole lives in prison for crimes they didn't commit.

But then, there is a man dragged behind a car for three miles a gruesome death, a gay young man beaten to death and tied to a fence and left to die, a child raped and murdered, truly heinous crimes.

Where do we draw the line?

The reason why death sentences are so protracted is because the legal system also wrestles with that balance

• Like 1

As a person who opposes the death penalty I find it hard to defend my views when there are people like that wasting oxygen...

I suppose the only thing I can say as a person who doesn't believe in any religion I do not know if there is a hell awaiting him, but there again I do not know if any country has a a penal system that could give him justice he deserves, "a life worse than hell".