Thai baht lowest since January

webfact

On 4/27/2019 at 10:32 PM, malagateddy said:

Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens as the year goes on..slowly many countries are teetering into recession..eg..france and germany..italy..spain..portugal are going the way of greece.
The so called populist parties will run amok next month in the mep elections..the eu dream of a united states of europe is going down the pan
Various trade wars continuing..conflict in the middle east..india vs pakistan heating up nicely..
Crazy world but i think the £sterling will slowly rise.

Answers on a postcard please emoji6.pngemoji6.pngemoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Can't afford a postcard but I think whatever happens with brexit , stay or go the pound will improve against baht . 

Should we stay or should we go ( sounds like a song ) no one knowing in the uk , heads in sand and chickens running around without heads comes to mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

How I love this thread title :dry:

Fact now:

Thai Baht highest to the Euro since 5 years.

Turkish lira tanked after nulling election.

THB rocketed this week against all currencies after sham election.

Thank you Transam ;

The name Bristol resonated in my head ..
And for good reason, in the years 70/80, I was a trucker ( a french one , nobody is perfect :cheesy: )  and I went often in Great Britain; I loved going to these countries, Wales and England where the motorists are courteous.
Sometimes I took the ferry from Roscoff and landed at Plymouth, and so I passed near Bristol;
There was, moreover, in Bristol, an international road transport company which called Harding Bros;
I knew one of their drivers, he was doing the regular line between Great Britain and Pakistan ! with frozen chickens.
We spent an excellent New Year 1974 in Venice ( Italy, of course )

• Like 1

I live in hope, teflon bl@#dy Thailand. Still, the basic nature of the country hasn't changed very much; it's just got more expensive. They need to change the slogan - moderately wealthy guys (i.e. not poor) in, losers out; ha! No way is Thailand gonna attract the high-so guys; well not without changing the ludricously expensive tax on wine.

On 4/27/2019 at 10:56 AM, MisterTee said:

You're so right.

Anyone who has been here since before '97 knows there is a whole lotta shakin' goin' on. 

Maybe 'whole lotta shakin' out goin' on' is more apt.  ????

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2019 at 11:10 AM, Assurancetourix said:

Thank you Transam ;

The name Bristol resonated in my head ..
And for good reason, in the years 70/80, I was a trucker ( a french one , nobody is perfect :cheesy: )  and I went often in Great Britain; I loved going to these countries, Wales and England where the motorists are courteous.
Sometimes I took the ferry from Roscoff and landed at Plymouth, and so I passed near Bristol;
There was, moreover, in Bristol, an international road transport company which called Harding Bros;
I knew one of their drivers, he was doing the regular line between Great Britain and Pakistan ! with frozen chickens.
We spent an excellent New Year 1974 in Venice ( Italy, of course )

good memories of times past

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:46 PM, Sir Dude said:

Baht will stay strong until the rich elites have finished investing overseas and moving their money out of Thailand. Then we will see a drop and they will repatriate it all so they can be even richer ... rinse & repeat.

It's better to be rich and in good health than poor and sick.