Democrats' suit against Trump over foreign payment can proceed - judge

webfact

There is no there, there ..... another witch hunt. They won’t find anything, but in the process will loose biggly in 2020.  Never seen anything like it before. I take a shower everyday still trying after 8 years to scrub off the stench of when I was a liberal. 
There is so much there you'll need to stand in the shower 24/7.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Another investigation under review....Trump is the master of being in the "gray area" when all lawmakers are looking for black and white answers

And most of  them the same shade of gray.

24 minutes ago, heybruce said:

So Trump is taking every legal action possible in desperate, long-shot attempts to cover-up...nothing?

No I think its just a 12b6 motion, you have to make them or waive any arguments as to certain jusrisdictional aspects

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess maybe the Dems want the hotel to do a background check on every reservation made to insure who can and cannot stay at the hotel.  It just never ends with trying to get Trump in the sights for something.  Watched the Senate hearings for Attorney General Barr today.  Very little learned other than the Dems are on the attack against Barr for nothing more than not releasing Mueller's summaries to the press sooner.  He said too many times to count that he wanted to release the full report not piece meal things out.  The Dems are arguing about nothing important just trying to discredit the guy.  They got the whole report and they waste time one dialogue between Mueller and Barr.  Waste of time in the overall scheme of things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:43 AM, smedly said:

D Trump is the President of the USA like it or not 

This circus has gone on for 3 years now - let him do the job he was elected to do, everyone is sick to the back teeth of the continuous effort to remove him - I am sure if they dig deep enough and long enough they will find some dirty laundry - my point being - dig deep enough and most them have

It would be just lovely if he would actually "do the job he was elected to do". Problem is, many people never expected him to act the way he has. Most probably thought, or hoped, that he might reinvent himself and actually act like a POTUS should act.

19 hours ago, Emdog said:

Read the Constitution. President is not to profit from his position, full stop. As president, he is to protect and defend the country, not fatten his bank account! Jimmy Carter sold his peanut farm when he became president to be free of any perceived corruption in farm policy. Most put assets into blind trust so they don't know if using position for personal gain. He already lied about not being in on Moscow tower deal during election, and >10,000 lies since sworn in. He is now  his own landlord as president with that Trump hotel in DC.

Why does he stay at Mar a lago? Probably one of the hardest places to secure, as that Chinese woman showed recently. Why? Increase profits and brand name. Try Camp David if you need to get away from "executive time" (TV watching.... NFL draft? really?)

I read recently that the cost for each trip to his cottage in Florida is $3,000,000 (three million USD) and $1,000,000 for Melania.

Yes Donny, you really do have the best interests of the American people in mind, first and foremost, NOT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, neeray said:

It would be just lovely if he would actually "do the job he was elected to do". Problem is, many people never expected him to act the way he has. Most probably thought, or hoped, that he might reinvent himself and actually act like a POTUS should act.

Yeah and what was he elected to do exactly?
He promised constantly in his campaign that he was going to bring health care for all, better, cheaper, and quickly. Instead his only "accomplishments" on health care have been to greatly degrade Obamacare and replace it with nothing. He and his party don't even have a plan. 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2019 at 11:29 AM, Jingthing said:

He's already clearly destined to go down in history as the lowest rated American president. But they'll have to add an asterisk to indicate - - even lower.

Nearly 100 historians and political scientists have ranked him #41. Most are republican. The dems among them ranked him #44. He is in the company of Buchanan, Pierce and Harrison. History will not be kind to this man. Becoming president will likely be the biggest mistake of his life. And guess who pays?

• Like 2

On 5/1/2019 at 2:10 PM, Baerboxer said:

Are congress going to start a lawsuit against Hilary for that 10 million "donation" the German government gave her Clinton Foundation just before she lost the election she was widely expected to win?

Not this old canard again. The German government did not make a donation to the Clinton Foundation. Apart from anything else, German Law does not even allow that to be done.

This whole story is based on a misrepresentation of the facts. The German Environment Ministry, from 2014 to 2018, was running something called the International Climate Initiative which funded environmental projects. One of the projects it funded, involved the Clinton Foundation as a partner.

For some reason (possibly an over-reaction to previous criticism of it not reporting involvement with foreign governments) the Clinton Foundation, for a period showed the money given to this project as if it were a donation, whereas it was in fact, money given directly to a reforestation project it was working on in East Africa.

Full story on the link below:

Environment Ministry refutes Clinton Foundation report

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2019 at 12:59 PM, Jingthing said:

Yeah and what was he elected to do exactly?
He promised constantly in his campaign that he was going to bring health care for all, better, cheaper, and quickly. Instead his only "accomplishments" on health care have been to greatly degrade Obamacare and replace it with nothing. He and his party don't even have a plan. 

with obamacare i was expecting something akin to the canada system, using tax dollars to do it rather than a system that forces everyone to purchase insurance and penalise those who dont.

with obamacare i was expecting something akin to the canada system, using tax dollars to do it rather than a system that forces everyone to purchase insurance and penalise those who dont.

Why were you expecting that? It was never described that way. Were you just not paying attention?

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
32 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Why were you expecting that? It was never described that way. Were you just not paying attention?

residing overseas already i didn't dissect the proposed plan but either way something like canada's system imo is better though not perfect