Video: Death of a Thai biker - clocked at 264 kmph

1 hour ago, Pisdjuk said:

RIP and warm thoughts to the late rider’s family and friends.

Oh, how I wish media would stop calling everybody with a motorcycle a “biker”. A person with a motorcycle is but a motorcyclist. A biker is something different!

agree it is very anoying, biker is a lifestyle ,not a wimp on a rice rocket

8 hours ago, Soupdragon said:

The road looks straight ?

Did they find a mobile phone in his hand ?

I hit 160 mph on my CBR 900RR on the autobahn in Germany many years ago (1994). That stretch of road couldn't have been straighter if Caesar and his legions had built it. When I deigned to glance at the speedo (I never even moved my head - eyes only), if anything - anything - had caused me to deviate from that straight line, I'd have been a gonner. Soon as I clocked it I eased off to a more sedate and manageable 120. This rider may have had a lot more skill than I did (or not - RIP), but one error at that rate of knots then, unless you've been trained by Carl Fogarty or his best mate, it's endex. 

Very sad, but when you drive at that speed, on those roads, the only saving grace is that no-one else got hurt.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I ride my GS scooter

with my hair cut neat

I wear my war time coat

in the wind and sleet. 

Actually was a BSA 500. ????????

I've had enough of this.

1 hour ago, Odisan said:

I hit 160 mph on my CBR 900RR on the autobahn in Germany many years ago (1994). That stretch of road couldn't have been straighter if Caesar and his legions had built it. When I deigned to glance at the speedo (I never even moved my head - eyes only), if anything - anything - had caused me to deviate from that straight line, I'd have been a gonner. Soon as I clocked it I eased off to a more sedate and manageable 120. This rider may have had a lot more skill than I did (or not - RIP), but one error at that rate of knots then, unless you've been trained by Carl Fogarty or his best mate, it's endex. 

Very sad, but when you drive at that speed, on those roads, the only saving grace is that no-one else got hurt.

Thailand roads are nothing like the Autobahn, this entire stunt had failure written all over it. Nobody in their right mind would have attempted this stunt on any road available to motorcycles in Thailand, death was the only outcome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sweatalot said:

no it is just not understanding anything - like have a blank brain

Something is wrong with Thai brains, because they don't even have a self-preservation instinct. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I said that earlier, it almost looks like he fell asleep.

It's all too smooth for it to have been anything he hit.

you will never fall asleep at that speed. Too much adrenalin

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ocddave said:

Something is wrong with Thai brains, because they don't even have a self-preservation instinct. 

Because Thai's are the only nationality  to have ever died or injured themselves due to riding you fast??? Right???? 

Equally so, there must be something wrong with 'farang brains' when making such dumb and sweeping statements as above.... 

2 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

you will never fall asleep at that speed. Too much adrenalin

The guy hit his target of 264 and then ran out of ideas. 

When I was a boy I was messing about on a moped in the woods and opened it up and hit top speed which wasn't much and also ran out of ideas and was heading towards a tree and couldn't get my head around what to do next so I tipped the bike and fell off rather than smash my brains into said tree.  Lack of training and an immature and underdeveloped brain nearly killed me even at all of 20mph.

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Because Thai's are the only nationality  to have ever died or injured themselves due to riding you fast??? Right???? 

Equally so, there must be something wrong with 'farang brains' when making such dumb and sweeping statements as above.... 

No because,as the road traffic death rate attests ,they are number 1 in those stupidity stakes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I drive here every day, 90% of people don't use blinkers, change lanes dangerously and drive like complete idiots. My words are spot on, you must have blinders on not to notice.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tifino said:

found it 'Roaming' in the next paddock?

Any dead dogs or children found in the middle of the road ? after all they can take their time to cross a road not expecting a dead head to be going at 264 kph he could have booked a flight and arrivewd safely having gone at 750 kph they never learn until its too late though !