Julian Assange sentenced to 50 weeks in British jail for skipping bail

Jonathan Fairfield

9 minutes ago, connda said:

I agree.  Hopefully the government will go after the publishers of The Guardian next for publishing the Snowden classified documents.  The perhaps WaPo followed by the NYTs and all the other traitorous news outlets that have published 'classified' documents in the recent past.  It's high time to drain that particular swamp and bring back Law and Order.  Owners, editors and journalists at these criminal publishing houses need to start doing hard time for violating national security! ????

There are a number of matters with which you do not seem to have checked before posting e.g.

the American Constitution protects the re-publication of illegally gained information provided the publishers did not themselves violate any laws in acquiring it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WikiLeaks#Potential_criminal_prosecution

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Has it occurred to you that Assange detained himself, and that while he was wasting seven of the best years of his life in his futile attempt to evade justice it was Assange and only Assange preventing him from leaving the Ecuadorian Embassy.

Complex explanation = International conspiracy involving the US, UK, Sweden, Ecuador and trials/judgements in open courts of law.

Simple explanation = Assange is a sniveling coward.

Glad to know there are still men like you Chomper. You would have walked into the court room 7 years ago with a stiff upper lip, no matter the consequences.

Edited by GreasyFingers
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Has it occurred to you that Assange detained himself, and that while he was wasting seven of the best years of his life in his futile attempt to evade justice it was Assange and only Assange preventing him from leaving the Ecuadorian Embassy.

Complex explanation = International conspiracy involving the US, UK, Sweden, Ecuador and trials/judgements in open courts of law.

Simple explanation = Assange is a sniveling coward.

Why, just because he wanted to avoid a US prison and escape what nearly happened to Tommy Robinson in Bedford Prison and would have done so if Sajid Javid had had his way. Just like the Bristol Bacon Smearer Kevin Crehan met his end in jail in the West Country of England.

Any thing can happen in a US jail. There have been literally thousands of deaths in custody in US jails.

It's the ideal way to get rid of someone who's a whistle blower and an embarrassment to the establishment and causing politicians to lose face. Bribe another con to stab him insuring there are no witnesses and the matter's history.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jerry787 said:

50 weeks to escape bail for a crime not committed and an extradition request void due that there was no any crime committed !!

shame on the judge, shame on british false justice !

British false justice? No, that could never be.

Assange should not be too worried thinking he would get extradited to the US -nothing unfair could ever happen either in the US or the UK. If a third world country is involved, then he should truly worry.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Glad to know there are still men like you Chomper. You would have walked into the court room 7 years ago with a stiff upper lip, no matter the consequences.

The vast majority of criminals do just that.

It’s called manning up.

Which is why I’ve said from the start, I have more respect for any common criminal who shows up to face their trial of their own volition than I have for the sniveling coward Assange who did a runner.

Seven of the best years of his life wasted in a futile attempt to avoid justice.

And he did it to himself.

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

I believe and i hope that common sense will prevail, given that the credibility of US and UK governments is at stake, and that Mr. Assange will be forgiven eventually.

.. And many people are still waiting for a word of apology from US for unleashing trigger-happy cowboys to kill innocents.

Economy is important no doubts, and so are human rights.

The only chance Assange has of avoiding decades in prison is Trump giving him a pardon to buy Assange’s silence over the part he and Wikileaks played in Russia’s attack on the 2016 US election.

52 minutes ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

willing people like Assange and Manning who will go to prison to publish these things because they, like many, disagree that it is in our interest to have crimes and plans etc of the govt, military, intelligence agencies, financial institutions and corporations kept out of the public oversight.

Not a Assange fan per say but an excellent post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I said from the get-go that Assange was wasting the best years of his life in a futile attempt to evade justice. 

The evidence before our eyes demonstrates I comprehended that fact perfectly. 

Whether you understand it or not, (i think you do) he was obviously afraid to be caught, now, what about "justice" for all the innocent victims of unscrupulous, senseless wars ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I find it hilarious, well, hilariously sad, that Assange exposed a corrupt American Government's war figures on civilian deaths. Why is it that Assange is the only one held accountable. Aren't mass, unjustified murder and cover ups illegal as well? Oh, the Govt just gets to do whatever they want, I forgot. I also forgot that includes aiming their full force at the whistle blowers who have the balls to stand up to it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Whether you understand it or not, (i think you do) he was obviously afraid to be caught, now, what about "justice" for all the innocent victims of unscrupulous, senseless wars ?

What I understand is Assange fled from justice and pished away 7 of the best years of his life trying to evade the inevitable while the individual he conned into thieving information for him served time for their crimes. 

Assange then set about assisting Russia in its interference with the US 2016 election. 

Perhaps he has the sense to cut a deal and tell what he knows about that crime. 

I suspect he has and will.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Perhaps he thought that the Ecuador embassy was more comfortable than jail ?

At least he is still alive, and probably he is not as stupid as you seem to think.

Assange's life was never under threat from the British courts and any extradition would be under both UK and EU law contingent on guarantees that he did not face a capital charge.

Perhaps he thought his supporters were stupid enough to believe otherwise. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Assange's life was never under threat from the British courts and any extradition would be under both UK and EU law contingent on guarantees that he did not face a capital charge.

Perhaps he thought his supporters were stupid enough to believe otherwise. 

He is yet to be proven wrong...

about the above, and just about everything else...

• Haha 1

just breaking on the local News:

Pamela Anderson shown bursting out from (not her dress) out from the prison

all in tears and professing her love for her Julian

At least he's not alone now    (o)(o)

prefer Sophie Monk though...