Local elections deliver Brexit bashing for Britain's May and opposition

rooster59

2 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

Did the Parliament rule out a No-deal Brexit? Yes or No?

Did the EU announce that they will not make changes to the agreement with T.May? Yes or No?   

What possible options are there other than accepting 'the deal' or revoking article 50?

There are no versions of reality..... just reality.

Look at all these conditions! All rather unreal in my eye. We will have to wait for a change of parliament.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Look at all these conditions! All rather unreal in my eye. We will have to wait for a change of parliament.

Once again you are ignoring reality..... what you wish for is not reality.   FYI the next UK general election is not due until May 2022, that's three years away.  Brexit will long since have been consigned to the dustbin by then.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

Did the Parliament rule out a No-deal Brexit? Yes or No?

Did the EU announce that they will not make changes to the agreement with T.May? Yes or No?   

What possible options are there other than accepting 'the deal' or revoking article 50?

There are no versions of reality..... just reality.

If it is not sorted out and the EU does not give a further extension after Oct 31 we will be out with no deal whatever parliament voted.

• Like 1

Just now, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

If it is not sorted out and the EU does not give a further extension after Oct 31 we will be out with no deal whatever parliament voted.

Even if they vote for another referendum/confirmatory vote or revoke Article 50?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

If the UK were 'really' going to leave the EU it would have taken place at the end of March. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

What this article lacks are a few facts. First the council elections are to elect councillors not MPs so the “party” stance on Brexit is not entirely relevant, particularly in the case of the Lib Dems. The lack of support for the both the Conservatives and Labour, is an indication of a “protest vote” over the Brexit stalemate in Parliament, with the third party picking up some of the slack by default.

The EU elections should never take place and if they do it will most probably see the biggest shake up of British party politics since Labour took over from the Liberals a hundred years ago.

What everyone forgets is that the stalemate has been caused by the EU's own rules, which prohibit any separate trade negotiations with a member state. The backstop is inevitable and can only be solved by a trade deal, which both sides want.

To leave the EU the UK must leave the Single Market and the Customs Union or find we have left in name only. That would mean having to continue to subsidise the continent, be unable to negotiate worldwide trade deals of our own, be forced to abide by EU rules including the free movement of people, and all that without a seat at the EU member’s table. That is wholesale surrender and a white flag should fly over Westminster the day that happens.

What these self-seeking MPs are doing is treacherous, if not quite treasonous, and anti-democratic (like the EU itself) and they should all hang their heads in shame as they have all voted on article 50 and committed to abide by the 2016 referendum result.

The tough talking needs to be done once we are officially out and the trade negotiations begin. The devil is in the detail, so let’s get on with it.

So the party stance on brexit is not important but it was a protest on Tory and labour stance on brexit.

• Like 1

Oh bless. 

Teddy is playing 'guess' again.

Skip the waffles, have a deep fried Mars bar.

You've earned it. 
Full of fat..bad colesterol..will leave likes of that to the obese nasty nats and republican elements in scotland.
More of a potato salad man myself..with a very light touch of curry powder.
Try it..very nutricious and enjoyable.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

They already ruled a second referendum out along with no deal and revoking article 50 in the indicative voting, which I believe none are actually binding on the government (check that someone).

There have already been 2 referendums so I think you mean a 3rd. As with the 2nd referendum, the parliamentary votes on 3rd referendum and revoking article 50 weren't binding. This is where parliament is heading, to have a binding vote on a resolution to this nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There have already been 2 referendums so I think you mean a 3rd. As with the 2nd referendum, the parliamentary votes on 3rd referendum and revoking article 50 weren't binding. This is where parliament is heading, to have a binding vote on a resolution to this nonsense.
Black widow..can you remember the group Supertramp??
An excellent song of theirs was called " DREAMER ".
Remind you of anyone???[emoji2][emoji23][emoji2]

12 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

If the UK were 'really' going to leave the EU it would have taken place at the end of March. 

You don't know much about how the EU works. everything takes forever and they have orchestrated this to be a long drawn out mess in the hope the UK will still have to abide by EU rules and pay them billions.

• Like 2

Just now, malagateddy said:

Black widow..can you remember the group Supertramp??
An excellent song of theirs was called " DREAMER ".
Remind you of anyone???emoji2.pngemoji23.pngemoji2.png

You remind me of a typical Brexiteer, someone who attacks the person not the idea, primarily because they have no ideas of their own. Just nonsensical rhetoric. Back to the playground for you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I quote Malaga:

When , not if, the 2nd. referendum takes place the two options will consist of   (1) I accept the May deal and wish to leave the EU.

(2) I wish to remain in the EU and for article 50 to be withdrawn.

The referendum in 1975 is not usually included in the current argument.

The binding vote will not include they voted against by any large majority already.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

3 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I quote Malaga:

When , not if, the 2nd. referendum takes place the two options will consist of   (1) I accept the May deal and wish to leave the EU.

(2) I wish to remain in the EU and for article 50 to be withdrawn.

The referendum in 1975 is not usually included in the current argument.

It is by me.

You're really quoting Teddy? 555

You must remember that Teddy lives under the misguided assumption that he'll be making all the final decisions in Parliament not MPs.

When the "confirmatory vote" is discussed amongst MPs it's generally accepted that this would consist of a deal, of one form or another, and revoking Article 50. I've not heard one MP advocating that it would be between 2 different deals. It would hardly be Democratic to leave over half the voters with nothing to vote for.

Edited by Spidey

27 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

In council elections. Since when can counsellors vote at Westminster?

And even after pointing it out to you you don't realise you're contradicting yourself.

Just now, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

And you never attack the person as a remainer...

Only when replying to someone who attacks me. It's called defence, not attack.

20 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Well, 

I hope a loss of 38% should give the Tories the final Wake up call. 

The EP election will be a coming desaster. I wonder what will happen to TM.

She will retire on a super pension.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

My laptop playing up, I just got into the text you wrote for some reason instead of a new post?

So, how many referendums, 1975 excluded?

Why exclude 1975? Because the result was "remain"? Very Brexiteer.