Recommended air purifier?

Captor

1 hour ago, rumak said:

Scary to use when all lights are blinking , so i unplug

You're kidding, right?

It's an air purifier.  It has a fan blade, a motor and a filter.  It's not an explosive.

Edited by 4675636b596f75
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

You're kidding, right?

It's an air purifier.  It has a fan blade, a motor and a filter.  It's not an explosive.

thanks John.   i feel better now

30 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

I have two.  I run them 24 hours a day for a 45 sqm condo.  Don't listen to the "challenged" here, who tell you nothing will help.  Hatari is the cheapest because it is made here and not imported.  People also like the Xiaomi brands which cost not too much more.  

Again, please try to ignore the "challenged."

You are right. The cheapest DIY is almost on par with expensive model. Lots of information and scientific data here: https://smartairfilters.com/cn/en/

EffectivenessvsPriceEN.png

KS-V4-48-e1567140934886.jpg

Edited by Tayaout

13 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

You are right. The cheapest DIY is almost on par with expensive model. Lots of information and scientific data here: https://smartairfilters.com/cn/en/

EffectivenessvsPriceEN.png

KS-V4-48-e1567140934886.jpg

You are correct.  It's very hard to find a box fan in Thailand, but I managed to find one on Lazada.  Try buying a square fan (box fan) in any store, you won't find them.  

I did spend a bit more for the Hatari because ability to put ions into the air.  

Invest in some Filtrete from 3M.  I cover my Hatari Hepa Filters with a sheet of Filtrete which does not get 25 percent of what passes through it, but it acts as a disposable pre-filter and is usually to the point where the airflow is starting to be restricted in only a month's time.

1 hour ago, rumak said:

I had called before but did not speak with a "technician".   They said bring it back to where I bought it (70 km away).   Thought the problem had gone away, but nope.  Just got off the phone with Hatari in BKK  and asked if anyone else had this problem.   Answer was ....gaw, mee bang krap.    haha   translation is :  YES        Some problem with the circuitry or ?  but we will have to bring to the distributor to be sent back to the factory.   Recent purchase so should be no problems except wait time.   so HEADS UP to anyone who has this problem,  somethings wrong.

It does work well when working..

OK, that is good, I think ???? But not the 70 km of course...

2 hours ago, Captor said:

Why is the humidity increasing when starting the a/c? It should be decreasing when the air is getting colder. Sounds strange. Is the a/c 100% OK and sift proof in all 3 rooms? Sounds like humidity (warm air) comes in. Or the room itself is leaking in air from outside when the air pressure in the room gets lower than the outside as someone here mentioned.

Aircon apparently sometimes increases humidity because the cooling process condenses water and then the fan blows it back into the room.  That’s why some systems give the dry option which shuts the fan off when the target temperature is reached.   But basic systems keep blowing all the time.   

But as I mentioned. In my case I don’t think humidity is the main issue causing an increase in particle readings because my aircon doesn’t change the humidity so drastically as to account for the big change in particles.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have air purifiers in every room of my house. I've tried several brands. Most larger air purifiers come with the humidifier option. When purchasing you need to consider the size of the room you want to use it, some are suitable for 10m2 and others for 25m2, etc. Also, have the salesman show you how to open it up and clean it. Some are completely washable whereas others you need to buy disposable filters for. LG is the easiest to buy filters for as they always have them in stock at the Lg shop in the mall. I've found certain LG models, Hitachi and sharp easy to clean. All the pieces are numbered and it's written what you wash with water and what you just brush dry. One older LG model (I gave it away) was overly complicated to clean and I had trouble closing it, it opened like a cassette player. So the best thing is to test it out in the shop. I really think they make a difference in improving air quality. My filters are always looking really dusty so I'm sure it does something.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 2:23 PM, Shengen said:

I have air purifiers in every room of my house. I've tried several brands. Most larger air purifiers come with the humidifier option. When purchasing you need to consider the size of the room you want to use it, some are suitable for 10m2 and others for 25m2, etc. Also, have the salesman show you how to open it up and clean it. Some are completely washable whereas others you need to buy disposable filters for. LG is the easiest to buy filters for as they always have them in stock at the Lg shop in the mall. I've found certain LG models, Hitachi and sharp easy to clean. All the pieces are numbered and it's written what you wash with water and what you just brush dry. One older LG model (I gave it away) was overly complicated to clean and I had trouble closing it, it opened like a cassette player. So the best thing is to test it out in the shop. I really think they make a difference in improving air quality. My filters are always looking really dusty so I'm sure it does something.

Thanks.  Which LG model do you think is good?  Also, what mall is your LG shop in?