Recommended air purifier?

Captor

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

A couple of the differences between the Hatari and the Xiaomi 2S units...

--The 2S unit comes with its own built-in PM2.5 monitor that you can see the PM2.5 levels on... as opposed to needing to buy a separate PM2.5 sensor.  However, one downside is the 2S units, AFAIK, come with a single multi-stage filter cartridge, which means when you replace one part, you're having to replace all, which probably means more often and higher filter replacement costs.

--The Hatari unit does not come with any kind of built-in PM2.5 sensor/monitor. However, it does comes with separate filter elements, meaning you can buy and replace the HEPA filter separately from the pre-filter and the carbon filter pieces, which is probably more cost-effective in the long run.

That sounds like a big advantage for the Hatari. Is that a Thai brand? The name sounds a bit like Japanese...

7 minutes ago, Captor said:

OK. What brand of hepa purifier do you have yourself?

I have a large Honeywell HEPA unit from the U.S. bought many years ago that still works very well and has replacement filters still available -- though of course it runs on 110V AC and requires a converter here.

And a smaller Sharp FP-F30TA unit bought here in Thailand for about 3200 baht 1+ years ago that's really just sized for a single small to medium sized room. The unit itself works fine, but dealing with Sharp and their 3rd party filter supplier in BKK has been a giant pain. Early on, recognizing that, I stocked up on replacement HEPA filters when I had a chance to buy them, so am set for the next several years at least. But Sharp is a good (bad) example of the often dysfunctional HEPA filter replacement process here by OEMs.

22 minutes ago, Captor said:

. So Philips, Coway or Electrolux are no good choices. 

Philips and Electrolux are both prominent in the home appliances market here in Thailand. And I've seen Philips air purifiers at times in the local electronics stores.  But I'm not really familiar with the air purifier products from either of those two particular companies.

46 minutes ago, Captor said:

Yes i see it the same way. Also if i do this i will still buy air cleaners with hepa filter. So i guess there are no hepa filtrete to buy at lazada or other place then? I guess you all would have done that by now then.

The 3M sheets are often available at some of the HomePro stores in BKK, as well as from the official 3M online store that's part of the Lazada website... though at times when the smog gets bad, both of those sources often go out of stock as the products fly off the shelves... Same with HEPA air purifiers...

So in both cases, it's best to purchase what you need and want BEFORE the next smog siege arrives...

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I have a large Honeywell HEPA unit from the U.S. bought many years ago that still works very well and has replacement filters still available -- though of course it runs on 110V AC and requires a converter here.

And a smaller Sharp FP-F30TA unit bought here in Thailand for about 3200 baht 1+ years ago that's really just sized for a single small to medium sized room. The unit itself works fine, but dealing with Sharp and their 3rd party filter supplier in BKK has been a giant pain. Early on, recognizing that, I stocked up on replacement HEPA filters when I had a chance to buy them, so am set for the next several years at least. But Sharp is a good (bad) example of the often dysfunctional HEPA filter replacement process here by OEMs.

OK that is good information for me. Not buy Sharp!

????

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Hatari is a Thai company and their products are made here, mostly as a fan manufacturer.

OK thanks. I have no problem with Thai manufacture if it is good.

30 minutes ago, Captor said:

Sounds like it is best to inform myself about replacement hepa before decide the brand then.

What I was really suggesting was to shop for a quality, true HEPA unit that fits the size you need and is within your budget... And then, before you make the purchase, make sure you know where exactly you'd get the replacement HEPA filters from, how much they cost, and whether that source actually keeps them in stock for the model you have in mind... Only after settling those details, then make a purchase.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The 3M sheets are often available at some of the HomePro stores in BKK, as well as from the official 3M online store that's part of the Lazada website... though at times when the smog gets bad, both of those sources often go out of stock as the products fly off the shelves... Same with HEPA air purifiers...

So in both cases, it's best to purchase what you need and want BEFORE the next smog siege arrives...

Hehe, yes I guess. Or I have to accept a long deliver time. Thanks for all your effort answering me. It is very helpful and I am very greatful for that!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What I was really suggesting was to shop for a quality, true HEPA unit that fits the size you need and is within your budget... And then, before you make the purchase, make sure you know where exactly you'd get the replacement HEPA filters from, how much they cost, and whether that source actually keeps them in stock for the model you have in mind... Only after settling those details, then make a purchase.

Yes understood. And maybe also stock up a lot o hepas same you did. But the best is if they are easy to find for a reasonable price.

13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Philips and Electrolux are both prominent in the home appliances market here in Thailand. And I've seen Philips air purifiers at times in the local electronics stores.  But I'm not really familiar with the air purifier products from either of those two particular companies.

I see. I have seen some at Lazada. They are highly ranked in europe together with Coway and Winix. But much more expensive than Hasada.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.EQjz

Screenshot_20190505-155506_Lazada.jpg

Very good, very quiet, efficient.

Agree with that as bought one almost a year ago and am delighted with it. Also if set on the "automatic" setting the fan speed increases automatically when the air becomes contaminated with say, cooking or similar, and cleans the air quickly before settling down to an inaudible option.

• Like 2

Here's the Hatari website for their air purifier, which many folks here have bought and used with good success...... And they sell their own HEPA replacement filters directly, which is an advantage..... But the sizing of the unit is not particularly for a very large living space.... They say up to 32 sq mt room size.

https://www.hatari.co.th/en/products/air-purifier/685

Lots of retailers sell their purifier directly, including HomePro, Big C, probably PowerBuy and others.... But it's probably easier to buy their replacement filters directly from Hatari.

If you scroll down on the Hatari webpage above, you'll see a sub-section link for "Replacement Parts", and that's where you'll see their listings and pricing for their replacement filters. Their HEPA filter replacement runs 888 baht.

https://www.hatari.co.th/en/products/filters-parts/3085

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

27 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Here's the Hatari website for their air purifier, which many folks here have bought and used with good success...... And they sell their own HEPA replacement filters directly, which is an advantage..... But the sizing of the unit is not particularly for a very large living space.... They say up to 32 sq mt room size.

https://www.hatari.co.th/en/products/air-purifier/685

Lots of retailers sell their purifier directly, including HomePro, Big C, probably PowerBuy and others.... But it's probably easier to buy their replacement filters directly from Hatari.

If you scroll down on the Hatari webpage above, you'll see a sub-section link for "Replacement Parts", and that's where you'll see their listings and pricing for their replacement filters. Their HEPA filter replacement runs 888 baht.

https://www.hatari.co.th/en/products/filters-parts/3085

Thanks. Very nice. I might have 2 purifiers in that room then. And 1 in each bedroom. Easy to get replacement filters and that is a big plus.

We have 2 x Sharp <deleted>-A80TA-W in our house.

Replacement filters cost about 2,000 baht. We change once a year.

It works very well.

I recently bought a PM2.5 meter. Before switching on the HEPA filter, PM2.5 readings are the same as outside (typically around 50 micrograms / m3). After 30 mins it drops to 10 micrograms / m3. And after 3 hours it is around 2-5 micrograms / m3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peterbkk99 said:

We have 2 x Sharp <deleted>-A80TA-W in our house.

Replacement filters cost about 2,000 baht. We change once a year.

It works very well.

I recently bought a PM2.5 meter. Before switching on the HEPA filter, PM2.5 readings are the same as outside (typically around 50 micrograms / m3). After 30 mins it drops to 10 micrograms / m3. And after 3 hours it is around 2-5 micrograms / m3.

Hi, Peter and thanks.

What is the name of the meter that you have bought? You find it reliablem

We have the Daikin MCK55TVM6 ... it came via a friend so was somewhat cheaper than Lazada have it for. Our bedroom is about 7M by 5M and it cleans it up very quickly, you don't really need the humidifier so could buy the cheaper model. The meter came via Ali Express ...

New_AQInn.jpg.29309f4cd189549495a51da649dbde11.jpg

New_AQI.jpg.8b3e03c39f9acd9c8146e8b1a1e61883.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captor said:

Hi, Peter and thanks.

What is the name of the meter that you have bought? You find it reliablem

There are many models available on Lazada but here is the one I bought. Pretty basic but I think quite reliable

pm25.png

pm25a.png

Edited by Peterbkk99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Peterbkk99 said:

There are many models available on Lazada but here is the one I bought. Pretty basic but I think quite reliable

pm25.png

pm25a.png

The Sndway 825 model PM2.5 sensor is a good, accurate, easy to use model, I've had a pair of them for the past year plus, and anything under $50 U.S. is a good price.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAS21 said:

We have the Daikin MCK55TVM6 ... it came via a friend so was somewhat cheaper than Lazada have it for. Our bedroom is about 7M by 5M and it cleans it up very quickly, you don't really need the humidifier so could buy the cheaper model. The meter came via Ali Express ...

New_AQInn.jpg.29309f4cd189549495a51da649dbde11.jpg

New_AQI.jpg.8b3e03c39f9acd9c8146e8b1a1e61883.jpg

Very niceThank you for charing. Yes Daikin must have among the best quality i guess. I will check.

3 hours ago, Peterbkk99 said:

pm25.png

pm25a.png

It shows temperatue and humidity as well. Very nice. Thanks.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Sndway 825 model PM2.5 sensor is a good, accurate, easy to use model, I've had a pair of them for the past year plus, and anything under $50 U.S. is a good price.

I have read about more people about this brand. Interesting. Need to check if there is other sndway's with pm10 also. There is probably.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Where are you buying your Sharp replacement HEPA filters from for that unit?

I would like to know that too????

Friends of my gf talk some about sharp. So i eill check that up too. If it is easy with replacement filters!

10 hours ago, Captor said:

That sounds like a big advantage for the Hatari. Is that a Thai brand? The name sounds a bit like Japanese...

The word "hatari" is not Japanese. 

It is Suaheli and means "danger".

5 hours ago, Captor said:

I would like to know that too????

Friends of my gf talk some about sharp. So i eill check that up too. If it is easy with replacement filters!

Until recently I bought the replacement filters from Sharp Thailand.

But the last time (3 months ago), they told me delivery time was 2 months!

So I bought from Amazon. It was shipped from the US.

It was roughly the same price in both cases. The net price at Amazon was lower than Sharp Thailand, but it was compensated by shipping costs.

• Thanks 1