1 minute ago, allane said:

It depends on the bank, and on how long ago you opened the account. You probably agreed to an annual charge when you opened the account. Somewhere in the order of B 150 - 250/yr.

I was charged 400 baht for NEW visa card....last week....kassikorn bank....

• Like 1

The typical annual renewal fee is Bt200-300....that would be for a basic Thai bank debit card.  But Thai banks have various debit cards...some with insurance....some with other benefits which will raise the annual renewal fee.   And some banks have free cards.  

Additionally, if you lose/damage a card which means you need a replacement the bank may charge you a replacement fee. 

1 minute ago, dddave said:

Over the last 10 years, I've replaced 4 or 5 Visa Debit cards at Bangkok Bank (passbook savings account) and have never been charged a fee.

Bangkok Bank's general policy on card replacement fee if it's due to normal wear and tear, renewal, ATM ate it, etc., no fee is charged.  But if you loss the card, they feel you were at fault for some reason, you just want a new one although the old is still working fine,  the branch may require a Bt100 replacement fee.

image.png.dbe4ea6212d74b9798b3e119ce2a28cb.png

4 hours ago, essox essox said:

I was charged 400 baht for NEW visa card....last week....kassikorn bank....

Try calling them and ask them to waiver the fee.

I use TMB, UOB and SCB and never pay fees.

17 hours ago, petedk said:

Try calling them and ask them to waiver the fee.

I use TMB, UOB and SCB and never pay fees.

they would not do....lady in bank said that if I not get new card.....then to get money I would have to go to bank with passbook and receive money that way...

But with so many atms around it is very easy to get money from one, so I PAID for a new visa card......