Has anyone tried Thai fortune telling??

Yes but I am still not a millionaire.

Strange occurrence once though, the missus insisted we get the car blessed at the temple, being used to obeying orders we did so. The monk blessing the car gave me a warning that a small accident would happen soon but nobody would be injured. That very morning I took the car to Honda's for a service, while driving on to their forecourt a security guard shut the sliding gate before I was fully through and dented the back wing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Peter,

You seem to be confusing fortune telling with clairvoyance.  

8320fb1abaa77fd1fb27998c8022e741.jpg

????????????

No confusion, both are claiming to know/predict the future

My Thai FIL is a 'small bit' fortune-teller.  He especially would read the palms of bar-girls and get a hundred baht each time.

That got me thinking. (This was yonks ago).  Whenever I was in a beer bar, I would scrutinize the palm of a pretty girl.

"Wow, are you a 'Mor Doo?' " was always the question.

I would modestly reply in the affirmative and would intently stare at the lines on their hands and start talking about handsome boyfriends, fast cars and gold.  The girl would fall for this every time and I'd offer to read their palm for a small 'favour'!! ????

It worked every time....

• Haha 2

Yep,,,'it will rain in the next 2 years'.

200Baht please.

A buddy's wife is obsessed with this stuff and with buying lottery tickets and with several totally ridiculous ideas about forecasting lucky lottery tickets.
E.g. a monk told her years ago (for a fee) that she should add together the day and month (10, 10 - 10 Oct) for every member of the family oldest first and it's a guaranteed lucky number. She's been doing this for years 1,000 to 5,000Baht a month, never won 1Baht, and she's now frightened to stop because another monk told her (for a fee) if she stops serious bad luck will fall on the family with many bad accidents and many deaths. Now to cap that she refuses to go within 200Kms of the temple where the monk told her about bad luck if she stops buying tickets because another monk (for a fee) told her she has personal bad karma for that geographical location. So she now visits the temple of the last monk 2 or 3 times a week to make tambon to develop good karma.

Another one - she calls the last monk on his mobile phone after she and hubby and kids are all in the car ready to go to the supermarket for the big monthly shop up (30kms there and 30 back) just before the car moves to check if today is a good karma day for her. And it has happened the monk says NO, so trip / shopping cancelled, try again 2 days later and the car has to washed twice a day to ward off bad karma . 

Sounds like these two monks are working together.
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

I did...

I took my troubles down to Madame Ruth
You know that gypsy with the gold-capped tooth
She's got a pad down on Thirty-Fourth and Vine
Selling little bottles of love potion number nine

I told her that I was a flop with chics
I've been this way since 1956
She looked at my palm and she made a magic sign
She said "What you need is love potion number nine"...

Ezzra did she look like this

My advice is: Don’t waste your money. My Thai wife has gone to three different ones and paid significant amounts of money and NONE of their predictions have come true.

34 minutes ago, Kurtf said:

My advice is: Don’t waste your money. My Thai wife has gone to three different ones and paid significant amounts of money and NONE of their predictions have come true.

Were you expecting something different?

• Haha 1