Retirement Visa under the radar.

dallen52

4 hours ago, Jip99 said:

So, this is really new to you as well ?

Dodgy retirement extensions (they are not visas) have been available since forever. Apart from the occasional blip (like BJ's crackdown) this lucrative, and arguably illegal, practice continues unabated.

No it's not new to me and disingenuous of you to suggest so!

What I did not notice though was the date he mentioned until re-reading his OP ,  "pre March 1st" and in fact Visa extensions were still being "completed" up to the 17th of March in the previously described manner! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, yodsak said:

Another agent thread.

No one expected BJ to stop agents.

Surprised at no bank information ,all the agents i know in pattaya put 800k in your bank.

Not this one. 

And it appears that for a renewal of the original extension they are not asking for it.

All I can go off is a working retirement extension I have seen.

Plus exit and entry stamps since, and a re entry stamp obtained in the airport. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

dodgy indeed and illegal.  Avoiding immigration law, with or without the connivance of Immigration itself, is illegal. Personally, I sleep better knowing I've done it myself and followed the rules.  

From previous posts I have picked up that the official in charge for any specific IO has the ability to basically do what they want. 

Regardless of what the law in general says.

We all know the current official way its prescribed to be done..

I was just more interested in the fact that this practice is still very active and the stamps are legitimate. 

And obviously on the system. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, dallen52 said:

From previous posts I have picked up that the official in charge for any specific IO has the ability to basically do what they want. 

Regardless of what the law in general says.

We all know the current official way its prescribed to be done..

I was just more interested in the fact that this practice is still very active and the stamps are legitimate. 

And obviously on the system. 

still illegal and the local IOs do not have the authority to circumvent the law, merely to interpret some parts of it. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Of course, the agents are going no where and there will never be a true ¨crack down¨.

It is 100ś millions of baht spread throughout the entire RTP.

The only thing that has and will change is the agent prices increasing.

Just the way it is and will continue to be....

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I want to change to a marriage visa next time , any good cheap agent ,i just require them to do it ,money i can supply myself ,just want to make sure it goes through ,also good translation guy . any help appreciated ,its just i have always gone the retirement route,without problem ,but dont want to tie up "MY" money ..

I think you will find agents tend to not do marriage extensions as it involves the local IO and Bangkok IO. Any that do are just holding your hand while you do it. They cant magically get approval without the correct documents and they probably are not directly in contact with the Bangkok end of things. They will help to get all your documents in order for the local IO but the local IO is basically just collecting the documents to send to Bangkok.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Here's my question.  Once you go do this route, using an agent to procure your extension of stay without meeting the financial requirements, can you go back to doing it the above-board way the next year?

No problem getting the first agent-procured extension of stay, apparently.  But if the next year you decide to do it yourself don't you get questioned about why you didn't have funds of 800,000 baht or more in your account for 3 months following your application for extension, never fall below 400,000 for the year, or have 800,000 baht or more for two months before your application.

In other words, once you go down this road aren't you stuck going down this road for the rest of your life.  If not, how do you get back into the mainstream.  Remember,  you won't have any agent to help you do this.

Use the income or combination method.