11 micro parties throw support to Prayut, Phalang Pracharat

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

However, it will still take weeks before a new government can be formed, because the junta has not finished appointing the 250-seat Senate that will vote, along with the elected House of Representatives, to choose the prime minister.

I must admit I thought this was already done. Appointing after the election so Prayuth can basically say "vote for me as PM we'll appoint you". It really does make the UK's House of Lords seem democratic by comparison; there are at least representatives from all major parties.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I must admit I thought this was already done. Appointing after the election so Prayuth can basically say "vote for me as PM we'll appoint you". It really does make the UK's House of Lords seem democratic by comparison; there are at least representatives from all major parties. 

But are they all voted in.

8 hours ago, baboon said:

Rigging the Constitution so it doesn't matter anyway.

The ignoring of Courts of certain fundraising dinner parties.

The instant banning of a party who had a Very Significant Female as their candidate.

No letup on Civilians being tried in Military Courts when 'need be'. Found the Hua Hin bombers, by the way?

I'm afraid our Rob is reverting to type despite his protestations to the contrary..

No not reverting at all dear Baboon, I want him gone. However the pro junta party got most votes, the PTP lost a huge amount of votes. Not exactly the story people here were talking about. 

The bribing of senior PTP figures is normal Thaksin did the same, the seats thing too. The other this he is quite right about.

Just amazed at the support the junta had while people like you and others were predicting landslide victories for the anti junta camp. I have not seen that happen. I wish i did. I am still a big supporter of Thanathorn and will stay that. But I had hoped for a far more decisive result so things could move on instead off this mess. 

15 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Would you trust a billionaire (inherited) with your money?

Any billionaire just because he is a billionaire no of course not. But of all the politicians i think this guy looks the most decent did the right things. I don't think the guy is an other Thakisn (corrupt to the bone like the junta)

8 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

It was rigged from day one (back in May 2014). After all the cheating, vote buying, rigging, silencing critics, moving the goal posts, interpreting the law to benefit yourselves and purge others, etc etc etc, the junta still did shockingly bad (relatively speaking). 

But remember - you can't rig an election in this day and age. That's tinfoil-hat talk. 

With rigging I was talking about rigging the actual election (and like you said rigging that is tin foil hat talk). Not all those other points they are valid. Though the buying of senior PTP figures is the same way the PTP worked so don't see why people complain when mercenaries jump ship.

I am still anti junta, just amazed at how many Thais still voted pro junta and the huge blow the PTP took. (not to mention the democrats who got the biggest blow of them all). 

End result a mess again a divided landscape and a big mess. I just hope for no more violence.

4 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Banning thai raksa without giving pheu tai a chance to register in those areas, and then being surprised people didn't vote for pheu thai because they actually couldn't in the sense that it wasn't even listed in many areas?!? emoji848.png

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

The future forward was available in those area's even if you assume all votes for future foreward were votes for the PTP they still performed worse then in the last election.

Its of course crazy to assume that all future forward votes were for the PTP. So they definitely lost a lot of their popularity. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

With rigging I was talking about rigging the actual election (and like you said rigging that is tin foil hat talk). Not all those other points they are valid. Though the buying of senior PTP figures is the same way the PTP worked so don't see why people complain when mercenaries jump ship.

I am still anti junta, just amazed at how many Thais still voted pro junta and the huge blow the PTP took. (not to mention the democrats who got the biggest blow of them all). 

End result a mess again a divided landscape and a big mess. I just hope for no more violence.

Yes, I wonder who a majority of the Thai expats in New Zealand voted for. Just one example of stealing away votes (but they were a tiny number of voters) sure, but seemingly you don't need many votes to get a seat (as long as you agree to join the junta first so the formulation method can be calculated after the fact). 

Well, if the PTP did it, you can't complain. Because you can't dislike the junta without having some affinity at all to Thaksin. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, I wonder who a majority of the Thai expats in New Zealand voted for. Just one example of stealing away votes (but they were a tiny number of voters) sure, but seemingly you don't need many votes to get a seat (as long as you agree to join the junta first so the formulation method can be calculated after the fact). 

Well, if the PTP did it, you can't complain. Because you can't dislike the junta without having some affinity at all to Thaksin. 

I have no affinity for Thaksin at all, the guy is scum and so is the junta. The one i have affinity for is the leader of future forward. IMHO that is a good guy and I would love to see his party outgrow all others and bring change to Thailand.

Yes real bad practice giving those small parties seats when they had so little votes. Typical sham. 

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Not a sham. A sham implies it's just political games. 

This is criminal. Voters have had their votes stolen and given to someone they didn't vote for. 

Call it criminal I agree with you. Its cheating that is why i called it a sham. Whatever you call it its totally unfair.

• Like 1

Just now, rkidlad said:

And totally rigged. That isn't tin-foil hat talk. That's what it is. 

Sorry I don't think the actual voting was rigged. All the other comments I agree with 100% not with actual voting rigging. I keep that opinion until proven otherwise. If it were true that the actual voting was rigged we would have known by now. Proof would have surfaced.

Otherwise I agree 100% with you. 

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sorry I don't think the actual voting was rigged. All the other comments I agree with 100% not with actual voting rigging. I keep that opinion until proven otherwise. If it were true that the actual voting was rigged we would have known by now. Proof would have surfaced.

Otherwise I agree 100% with you. 

Oh, you'll never be proven otherwise while this lot are in charge. Even the official documents that are leaked are dismissed as 'fake'. That's the joys of running a country with impunity. You can do whatever you like and just deny. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Any billionaire just because he is a billionaire no of course not. But of all the politicians i think this guy looks the most decent did the right things. I don't think the guy is an other Thakisn (corrupt to the bone like the junta)

I hope you are right because the Shin clan will be up to their old tricks when in power.

IMO the junta was the best for Thailand in 2014 to stop the violence and some of the blatant corruption. But 5 years is enough, or too much, and Thailand needs to move on. Hopefully Prayuth will not be prime minister as he has not shown any great ability for the job. I am still not sure whether he was just a puppet/mouth piece for some one else or he did have control.

3 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

I hope you are right because the Shin clan will be up to their old tricks when in power.

IMO the junta was the best for Thailand in 2014 to stop the violence and some of the blatant corruption. But 5 years is enough, or too much, and Thailand needs to move on. Hopefully Prayuth will not be prime minister as he has not shown any great ability for the job. I am still not sure whether he was just a puppet/mouth piece for some one else or he did have control.

The old tricks were to win elections. Can't be that bad compare to this current bunch.