Doctors warn of ‘reefer madness’ as people react badly to cannabis medicines

rooster59

The cbd in the states is nothing but cbd.   There is no psychoactive component to it at all.   Perhaps these folks were having a psychosomatic experience.    A misinformed placebo effect.     The mind is a very strong thing,  and if one believes they are "getting high"   or feeling strange, they may indeed be feeling so, not because of any drug or chemical component being ingested,  but because they believe it to be so.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I know very little about this subject ..but like many of my age group ((70's) have down through the years been rubbing shoulders with hundreds, if not thousands of folk who have been puffing the weed or dabbling with it in various ways....My question is...How come I never heard of all these side effects from these folk that are being talked about in this article (hospitals getting packed from people using it).

Just a thought?

It is not so uncommon that smokers using very high potency weed can  suffer very temporary moments such as mentioned especially if in  combination with alcohol. Concentrated oil which has not been stripped of THC and used in excess is  bound to have  such an effect on individuals who are newly introduced to it.

All telling is the  declaration "I won’t use it again like this, I’ve learnt my lesson."

1 minute ago, Dumbastheycome said:

It is not so uncommon that smokers using very high potency weed can  suffer very temporary moments such as mentioned especially if in  combination with alcohol. Concentrated oil which has not been stripped of THC and used in excess is  bound to have  such an effect on individuals who are newly introduced to it.

All telling is the  declaration "I won’t use it again like this, I’ve learnt my lesson."

Please read my previous post on the differences between medicinal and recreational 

Yes, if medicine gives you side effects that are unexpected or uncomfortable to your health. 

I believe the label will say something like STOP taking the medicine and go see your doctor. 

It is called an "allergic" reaction, can happen with any medicine to a small percentage of people. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Please read my previous post on the differences between medicinal and recreational 

I have no  cause to defer from your post. But as a previous recreational smoker I have both observed and suffered rare occasions of "over smoke" symptoms.

I was a habitual heavy user for over 30 years.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I have no  cause to defer from your post. But as a previous recreational smoker I have both observed and suffered rare occasions of "over smoke" symptoms.

But using a different chemical combination on recreational smoking use

14 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Different chemical combination with smoking recreationally

Different genus of plant to medicinal use

It is like comparing apples to oranges, 

Edited by RJRS1301

Just now, RJRS1301 said:

Different chemical combination with smoking recreationally

Different genus of plant to medicinal use

Has it been clearly established that those  reportedly suffering  mentioned  symptoms  are using  "medicinal oil? As far as I am aware no such is readily  available as yet.

Whether it be   Sativa  or Indica  variants .

• Like 2