German Jews warned not to wear kippas after rise in anti-Semitism

webfact

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, impulse said:

I may be wrong. 

But every recent documentary I've seen on anti-Semitic violence has been at the hands of white skinheads and Neo-Nazis.  They're not too amenable to recruiting Muslims.

Those documentaries have some kind of agenda. But the problem is definitely with the Muslim population and it's not only in Germany, the same is true in France, The Netherlands, Belgium, etc...

A few years ago on Dutch television an actor wore a kippah in a Muslim majority neighbourhood wearing a hidden camera and he got threatened all the time. By the way in Paris the same experiment was done.

And remember that an old Jewish ladies that got killed in Paris like 1 or 2 years ago by her Muslim neighbour. Or the attack on the Jewish supermarket in Paris (though at least there was some very nice Muslim staff there that helped protect the customers - of course not all Muslims hate Jews).

Or the attack on the Jewish museum in Belgium a few years ago. By the way in The Netherlands all Jewish synagoges are protected by military, and it's not because they are afraid of attacks by skinheads.

If you import Muslims en masse, expect hatred against Jews to increase as well. It's really simple, though some people might feel uncomfortable with this fact.

Just read the below stories, you will never find any perpetrators to be skinheads, the perpetrators are pretty much exclusively Muslims. It's a problem with the Islamic religion.

To be honest Europe is incapable or perhaps even unwilling to provide a safe-haven for Jews, which is why it's important for a Jewish state (Israel) to exist. So they are able to protect their own.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/27/how-the-murders-of-two-elderly-jewish-women-shook-france-antisemitism-mireille-knoll-sarah-halimi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercacher_kosher_supermarket_siege

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Museum_of_Belgium_shooting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Copenhagen_shootings

https://www.france24.com/en/20170303-france-marseille-teen-jail-machete-attack-jewish-teacher-yarmulke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toulouse_and_Montauban_shootings

https://www.newsweek.com/securing-jewish-sites-will-not-solve-rising-anti-semitism-says-top-dutch-rabbi-322258

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2956040/Journalist-puts-Jewish-skullcap-walks-streets-Paris-filmed-hidden-camera-safe-streets-are.html

3 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

Jews in Iran have lived peacefully together, just saw it on youtube.  Not even a security guard at the syn agog 

They might be, but most likely as second rate citizens. Probably required to pay security money (a tax on non-Muslims called jizjah) to keep themselves safe. And probably their words are less powerful in the courts compared to the words of a Muslim. 

3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Why don't women wear kippahs and why don't men wear hijabs or burkas? .....these ridiculous religious practices are just that -ridiculous .  If you "identify" with mythological separatist "beliefs" and "faiths",  you are living in your own fantasy

No more fantasy than white supremacy. Except that the religious aren’t attacking the white supremacists.

3 hours ago, candide said:

Some time ago they forced them to wear yellow stars, and now they advise them not to wear kippas.....

Sad event in both case, only a difference in level.

The advice is no doubt well-meant, but I feel a better response by everyday Germans would be for all those who abhor this kind of violence to wear kippers in solidarity on a day of protest. The haters are a minority and their minusculeness  should be shown up publicly. Spending time on line with others of their kind, these idiots think they have more brothers and sisters than they actually do.

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

In USA, FBI stats show 58% of hate crimes done against Jews, which are 1.8% of population. 18% against Muslims, 1.4% of population. 80% of hate crimes fell within race, ethnicity, ancestry or religious bias.

Rather than Jews not wearing skullcaps, how about responding like Danes did during Nazi occupation? Everyone wear one.

"If you "identify" with mythological separatist "beliefs" and "faiths",  you are living in your own fantasy" I'm an atheist. "Living in your own fantasy" should be okay as long as don't force that fantasy on others IMO. What's next? Attacks on cosplayers? 

Just saw this after making my own post. Agree wholeheartedly.

39 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I'm aware, but the link I provided is quite recent. Just maybe I'm being naive, but would think that the critique of stats coming out of Germany would have been addressed by the Interior Minister by way of using empirical data

Check out both link provided in my posts, and links included therein. There are many takes and versions as to how attacks are tallied and associations determined. Also, different figures - and no, not all from dodgy sources.

Angela Merkel denounces ‘different type of antisemitism’ from Arab refugees after assault on men wearing skullcaps

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-antisemitism-germany-violence-hate-crime-syria-refugee-asylum-seeker-a8320131.html

8 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

The advice is no doubt well-meant, but I feel a better response by everyday Germans would be for all those who abhor this kind of violence to wear kippers in solidarity on a day of protest. The haters are a minority and their minusculeness  should be shown up publicly. Spending time on line with others of their kind, these idiots think they have more brothers and sisters than they actually do.

Top German paper to print cutout kippah in solidarity with Jews

https://www.timesofisrael.com/top-german-paper-to-print-cutout-kippah-in-solidarity-with-jews/

I think the problem with these Jewish hats is that people who wear them want to show everybody around them that they are Jewish. And Jewish people and Israel are strongly connected.

Now looking at Israel and what they do to their neighbors it's not surprising that many people in this world oppose Israel. And that is similar to opposing Jews - at least some of them.

Are all Jews responsible for what the Israel government does? No. But do many Jews support Israel and it's right wing government? Yes.

Personally I try to live according to: live and let live. I don't harass people because of their religion or race or nationality. But every time I see groups of people walking around in Bangkok with kippas I must think about Israel and all the bad things that happen there.

But it seems nobody is allowed to mention this. Because saying anything against Israel and/or Jews is judged as anti-Semitic.

It seems it's impossible to criticize Israel because then Jews feel criticized and that is a no-no in this PC world.

Those of you echoing the mainstream narrative are making the same mistake than well-meaning people in the UK made for decades, and which had consequences that are now tearing their nation apart.

There have always been attacks on Jews in Europe, perpetrated by several different groups, but the OP is about the recent rise in attacks.

Just like the exodus of Jews from Gothenburg and Paris, the recent rise in Germany is directly associated with recent Muslim migration.

The official statistics are so manipulated as to be worthless. Horrified by the rise of populist parties, it fits the establishment narrative to emphasize far-right attacks while downplaying Muslim attacks.

For example, when no motivation is identified and no assailants have been identified, such attacks are attributed to the far-right, including regular vandalism.

This is exacerbated by the fashion among Muslim youths to use the swastika in their graffiti. What better way for a fine, upstanding young Muslims to express their general lack of enthusiasm for the local synagogue than by daubing a big swastika on their front door, even if they have little clue what it actually means.

In those cases, is does not matter if the youths are seen and identified as Muslim, the grafitti is recorded as a far-right attack.

If they possibly can, the authorities attribute attacks to the far-right because it helps to camouflage the 10% rise in all violent crimes, especially murder and rape, that Germany has experienced since the summer of 2016.

The authorities would be in an extremely tricky position if the general population were to start blaming them for this situation, so, it makes sense to play on existing German sensitivities and guilt about their fascist past.

When I see well-meaning members here trotting out those discredited statistics it saddens me because all this smokescreen does is make things far worse in the long-run.

For decades, the authorities in the UK created a climate in which newspapers and TV stations voluntarily omitted to mention the name of convicted criminals and rapists if they happened to be Muslim. The taboo was strong enough to encourage the police and social workers to ignore a culture of child rape and forced prostitution that was occurring in towns and cities throughout the UK.

The police, reeling from shameful instances of institutional racism in the 80's, most notably the corrupt investigation into the racist murder of the teenage Stephen Lawrence, were terrified to investigate repeated credible allegations. 27 separate police forces independently decided to ignore the problem for decades. The newspapers, too, refused to touch the increasingly frequent reports they were receiving through the grapevine.

Instead of press exposés and prosecutions, the whole sordid mess, involving thousands of men and tens of thousands of children over decades, was covered up and, instead, bubbled up through street level politics. This instilled in normal people, otherwise disinterested in politics, an enduring distrust of BBC and other establishment media.

This is how the UK ended up with Brexit. By 2016, the authorities had insufficient authority left to swing what should, really, have been an easy majority for remaining in Europe.

That summer, as the British voters watched YouTube footage of hundreds of thousands of refugees, mostly Pakistani and Afghanis, crashing through barriers and clambering through the windows of trains, and felt the echoes of Rotherham, Bristol, Rochdale, Oxford, Newcastle and countless other towns where the authorities has actively suppressed the truth about ongoing, systematic predation.

In every pub, in hushed conversations, people asked each other "If we stay in the EU, what's to stop over a million of them coming over here in a few years when they have their German passports?"

Beneath that question lay the unspoken gut knowledge that their own government will not be honest with them, or do anything to help them, when diversity goes badly.

And, so, people who did not even care that much about Europe, and who had been told firmly, for over a year, by every member of the establishment, that Brexit would lead to the economic collapse of the UK, voted Leave anyway.

If you refuse to acknowledge the reality of what is happening in Europe, all you will do is feed a backlash that will end up being be far worse for everyone.

I am not saying that migration is a bad thing - that is a whole different discussion - what I am saying is that being dishonest about real things happening to real people as a result of such social engineering is the ultimate mistake.

Jews being unable to wear whatever they want on their heads is a canary in the coal mine, we should be paying careful attention. Take note, too, if gays start getting thrown to their deaths off tall buildings, that's generally a negative sign.

35 minutes ago, Morch said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCb2Le3wtIk

Lost my proper clip linking powers.

Baseball bat sends the right message. “It’s hard to satirize a guy with shiny boots on” LOL

In the same vein, a recent KKK rally in Ohio attracted only nine (9–NINE) attendees. Counter protesters numbered in the hundreds. Police in attendance: 350. Cost to the city coffers: $600,000

http://time.com/5596103/kkk-rally-dayton-ohio/

That’s why I say it’s important to remind the haters that they are in the minority in the real world.

Totally against attacking anyone, of any faith,  but I do favour "when in Rome". Here I do many things as it's 'here' and if I went to Israel and was visiting a synagogue I would wear what was required to appease the locals.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Nothing has changed over the last 2000 years where jews were persecuted, demonised, slaughtered, waged war upon them by mighty armies, over and over, exiled from their homeland numerous times just because they are Jews, and now in the US and other countries there's a resurrections of anti jewish sentiments, can anyone say why? no, not really, when the world need to hate someone, there are always the jews for it...

"Just because they are Jews"? Are Jews behaving just like everybody else? Are there differences between Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Jews? Yes. Not everybody likes Muslims and it seems that is acceptable for many. So why is it not acceptable that some people don't like some Jews? We are not all the same. That is of course not a reason to fight each other. But pretending there are no differences and no reason is unrealistic.

5 minutes ago, PiBret said:

Why do Jews want to live in Germany, after what happened in the holocaust?

They like you and me should be free to live anywhere they choose free from persecution. The recent influx of violent Muslim refugees has created a hostile atmosphere for Jewish people in some towns and cities in Europe, not just Germany.

What stinks here is that the police issue a warning to Jews effectively telling them to watch their backs.

Why the #&£% aren’t the police and army out there on the streets of Europe’s wealthiest country protecting them (and their own women and girls for that matter) to prevent more racial injustices?

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Not everybody likes Muslims and it seems that is acceptable for many.

I don't much like any religious extremists, or even just 'devout'.

Same, same. But if they want to believe in fairytales and leave me alone I will leave them alone.

It's like seeing some drunks in a bar. If they are harmless then let them do what they are doing.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

At least he quoted and posted a link about it.

Somehow you rarely post links about any topics.

No answer so you post the confused emoji yet again.

You really need to improve your communication skills by saying what confuses you.

"Just because they are Jews"? Are Jews behaving just like everybody else? Are there differences between Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Jews? Yes. Not everybody likes Muslims and it seems that is acceptable for many. So why is it not acceptable that some people don't like some Jews? We are not all the same. That is of course not a reason to fight each other. But pretending there are no differences and no reason is unrealistic.
What's this?
Polite antisemitism?
So all Jews are the same and behave the same?
That's what you think?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think the problem with these Jewish hats is that people who wear them want to show everybody around them that they are Jewish. And Jewish people and Israel are strongly connected.
Now looking at Israel and what they do to their neighbors it's not surprising that many people in this world oppose Israel. And that is similar to opposing Jews - at least some of them.
Are all Jews responsible for what the Israel government does? No. But do many Jews support Israel and it's right wing government? Yes.

Personally I try to live according to: live and let live. I don't harass people because of their religion or race or nationality. But every time I see groups of people walking around in Bangkok with kippas I must think about Israel and all the bad things that happen there.

But it seems nobody is allowed to mention this. Because saying anything against Israel and/or Jews is judged as anti-Semitic.
It seems it's impossible to criticize Israel because then Jews feel criticized and that is a no-no in this PC world.
Funny.
Nobody is allowed?
You just did and I see more than once.
Yes many Jew haters use Israel demonization as a cover.
But the Nazi white supremacist types need no such cover.
Its funny. Jew haters have always been with us. When there was an Israel and when there wasn't.
The Jew haters always find a way.
If Jews didn't exist they'd have to invent them.
In fact some of the most antisemitic nations in the world don't have many or any Jews living there

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure thing, you "know" the reason why some Jews wear them. How you know this, is not explained. That it makes part of their religious beliefs, is not addressed. No, "surprisingly" for you this is about Israel, plus the usual dodgy excuses, as to why because of that, such things are justified.

As for the standard issue blanket argument about no-criticism-allowed - you just did, and you do so on other topics as well. Same goes for other posters. Each and every topic mentioning either Israel or Jews gets its fair share of strong commentary from posters seeing things your way.

Archived