PM candidate Boris Johnson to face court over Brexit comments

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I agree that Farage should have been the first to be brought to book over the lies.  If politicians could seriously be jailed for lying then Farage would be on a life sentence by now.  As for Trump... well the key would have been thrown away years ago!

But politicians and lying go hand in hand.  In the past if a politician was found to be lying he would have fallen on his/her sword and resigned.  If that happened these days the Houses of Parliament would be empty.  And it all get's absorbed into a continual cycle of spin.  As Penny Mordaunt said today, "Policy has given way to presentation".  Watch out for Ms Mordaunt, she may just be biding her time before throwing her hat in the ring and if she does then she could stir things up a bit.

What are the lies that Ferage told ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Doctors and Politicians are two different things .

Lets stick to the topic  

They are different professions not different things. To state all professions are different without saying   how they are different and why such difference  should allow malpractice in a particular profession? is to state the obvious, without contributing anything to the conversation.

3 hours ago, phil2407 said:

The UK's EU membership fee

Published: 3rd Dec 2018

The UK pays more into the EU budget than it gets back.

In 2017 the UK government paid £13 billion to the EU budget, and EU spending on the UK was forecast to be £4 billion. So the UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at nearly £9 billion.

So to summarise, per week:

- 13 billion divided by 52, that's a contribution of 250 million per week.

- 9 billion divided by 52, that's a net cost of 173 million per week.

Just now, sirineou said:

They are different professions not different things. To state all professions are different without saying   how they are different and why such difference  should allow malpractice in a particular profession? is to state the obvious, without contributing anything to the conversation.

If a Doctor clammed to be overworked , working 70 hours a week and you found out that he only worked 60 hours a week , take him to Court for lying ?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Almost everything he has ever said about the UK being forced to join a European Army for a start.

His claims for what is written in Article 50 for a second. 

Let's see you deny these before we waste time presenting you with more evidence of his lies.

• Like 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Almost everything he has ever said about the UK being forced to join a European Army for a start.

His claims for what is written in Article 50 for a second. 

Let's see you deny these before we waste time presenting you with more evidence of his lies.

There were German and French proposals to form a E.U army .

Could you post a link to the lies Ferage told about the UKs involvement ?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

A remainer will surely reply that the U.K could veto any such proposal, which theoretically is correct. But we all know it’s where the E.U is heading. Remember in 1975 we voted yes in a referendum to join a trading block,EEC. And at that time we were assured that there would be no attempt to transform it into a political union,as it is today.

if people are not worried about the present day E.U. They should open their minds,and understand in which direction  the Bureaucrats in Brussels 

intend to take the people of Europe, if they agree or not.

"intend to take the people of Europe, if they agree or not."

Funny :wink: , this is same you do to 48% of your own citizens , and even more against the will of the Scottish 

Same same it looks , don't cry when it breaks up the union !

• Confused 1

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:05 PM, geoffbezoz said:

Oh dear and if this goes to a conclusion then 100s if not 1000's of other politicians and their spin doctors will also face court action for telling lies. If found guilty then the government of the day, whomever that may be by then , IMHO should launch an enquiry into why the British education system is so poor it produced 17 million people who were unable to grasp fact from fiction.

48,11 % were able to grasp then already fact from fiction.

And many regret their choice already. That's why a one-issue party got 1/3 of the votes.

And.. the consequences of brexit still did not happen yet. 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/30/uk-car-production-plunges-amid-untold-damage-of-brexit-chaos?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZGF5cy0xOTA1MzA%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&CMP=GTUK_email

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Could you post a link to that or suggest the words that I need to tap into google to find out for myself ?

I thought you might ask that.  I did have it some months ago, there is a clip from the campaign with him standing outside the bus saying it but I can't remember the link now.  I will have a hunt for it but I am sure it will surface because of the case.

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

I will assume that is a joke.  

• Like 2

When will they look into the statements by Edward Heath and cronies, who in the run up to the 1975 referendum, categorically stated that their was no chance of the EEC being transformed into a political Union. And right up to the present day when the majority of M.P’s voted to respect the 2016 referendum.
  And why is this announcement made, just after Johnson declares his intention to stand for the leadership of the Conservative party, while another investigation into antiSemitism in the Labour Party is delayed until After the E.U elections. 
If it looks like it..smells like it..it probably will be the real b/s thing.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You miss the point. An MP has never been taken to court before for lying during a political campaign. It's too much of a coincidence that this case has been given the nod just after Boris has put himself up for the PM job. That stinks of corruption. 

The case is being crowdfunded by a group of remainers. There have been countless untruths told throughout this whole referendum/Brexit process by both sides. 

Where do you draw the line? Shall we have every Labour MP who has said the Tories are going to privatise the NHS sent to court? 

This bunch of remainers are setting a precedent here which could have all sorts of ramifications. All out of desperation to stop Brexit. 

Fact is:

Mr Ball's lawyers lodged an application in February to summons Mr Johnson, claiming that while an MP and mayor of London, he deliberately misled the public during the first campaign, and repeated the statement during the second.

In February we were going to be out of the EU by now, there would be no EU elections, and May would have gone by now as Brexit would have been done and dusted.

I a written judgement, that means the case was heard days if not weeks ago, so just coincidental that the judgement was announced yesterday even if it could not have at a worse time for the Brexiteers prize poodle.

Of coarse nothing to stop Brexiteers crowdfunding and instigate a few prosecution of their own, I will not disagree some people both sides of the Brexit divide told some porkies, so hopefully things will be changed so that the Electoral Commision can investigate all aspects of campaigning for all elections and with some luck we will some people barred from public office, fined and even sent to prison.     

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Lodged in February, and then just happens to be given the green light as the accused, a firm Brexiteer joins the leadership contest. And the green light given by (no doubt remainer) District Judge Margot Coleman. 

Marcus Ball claims to be doing this in the interests of honesty in politics. But he mysteriously deleted his personal page on the Crowdfunder website shortly after launching his appeal. On that personal page he had said: 

'Once these prosecutions have established that politicians did indeed lie to voters, our next step will be to take other action to prevent Brexit,' it reads. 'This may be in the form of a judicial review.'

Mr Ball's statement added that the campaign was being organised with 'other Remain campaigners' and had been born in a Facebook page called The 48 Percent – presumably referring to the minority who voted Remain."

Thanks for pointing out he is a really nice guy...

"presumably referring to the very large minority who voted Remain."

On 5/29/2019 at 8:25 PM, nkg said:

The "true" figure was apparently 

Conclusive evidence,??

I am so bored with this topic , thai movie , better more, bye ..

Edited by elliss