Pattaya is dead now

dreaming

27 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

A friend of mine who is a regular visitor to Pattaya just arrived in BBK en route to Pattaya. He was detained by immigration for an hour who accused him of working in the LOS.

He finally convinced them he was just on holiday. But the female IO who spoke rudely to him throughout the interview finally slapped his passport down on the table and snapped at him "Go".

While he was waiting he started considering flying on to Vietnam.

I know him well, he holidays in Pattaya, has done so for years and has no need nor the inclination to work and has never been in trouble nor overstayed. He realised there and then that they simply don't want us here any more. And that's just the authorities. It makes you wonder what the service staff, the bar girls and the Thai people in general really think of us.

Nah people tend to stretch the truth to make the story dramatic its just human nature and your friend isn't 'different"

Not doubting the story but more like a quick question than some major interview and what dope head would fly all the way to bangkok and consider paying top dollar and hours of inconvenience to fly to another country WITHOUT being denied entry..your mate played you like a fiddle

No different in the west where they will ask you qualifying questions especially in oz while the beagle is doing circuits of your suitcase

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, madmen said:

Nah people tend to stretch the truth to make the story dramatic its just human nature and your friend isn't 'different"

Not doubting the story but more like a quick question than some major interview and what dope head would fly all the way to bangkok and consider paying top dollar and hours of inconvenience to fly to another country WITHOUT being denied entry..your mate played you like a fiddle

No different in the west where they will ask you qualifying questions especially in oz while the beagle is doing circuits of your suitcase

Can you clarify why and how "your mate played you like a fiddle".

On 7/1/2019 at 11:34 PM, elliss said:

Let us not forget ,

Pattaya made Thailand , brought the sex tourists money  into the kingdom.

I had my good ole days in patty some 18 years ago. No chinks or rusky mafia.

Now i am in Gods waiting room , Isaan , a rite boring <deleted> hole . Rip..

Ahhhhhh the Memories.........good Memories.

It just gets worse n worse by the year.

I left there 5 yrs ago for Chiang Mai........noooo comparison can be made.

Enjoy Issarn and being away from it.

I don’t miss it EVER.......shall NEVER return, not for a second.

15 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

Ahhhhhh the Memories.........good Memories.

It just gets worse n worse by the year.

I left there 5 yrs ago for Chiang Mai........noooo comparison can be made.

Enjoy Issarn and being away from it.

I don’t miss it EVER.......shall NEVER return, not for a second.

those were the days my friend,we thought they,d never end.............

Pattaya is Dead Dead Dead. Unfortunately the Thais have no idea how to generate business in a down turn. Their only answer is to put up prices to make up the shortfall. Beer in a bar now 450 bht is just ridiculous, is it any wonder the tourists are going elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Peteozi said:

Pattaya is Dead Dead Dead. Unfortunately the Thais have no idea how to generate business in a down turn. Their only answer is to put up prices to make up the shortfall. Beer in a bar now 450 bht is just ridiculous, is it any wonder the tourists are going elsewhere.

thats funny. most other places in the world lower pricesvto attract what business there is a ailable  then try to add on other things once people are in the door.

the thais dont seem to be too smart in this regard when it comes to business.

10 hours ago, Peteozi said:

beer in a bar 450 baht??????????where?

On 7/9/2019 at 8:51 PM, yogi100 said:

He realised there and then that they simply don't want us here any more. It makes you wonder what the service staff, the bar girls and the Thai people in general really think of us.

What do they think of us?

ATM.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:45 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Not even in Bangkok!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brewski-Beers-1.jpg

0.33 ml for 320+ THB is not far off, only the local piss is cheap... everything imported is a rippoff

Pricelist is from Brewski rooftop bar.

19 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Brewski-Beers-1.jpg

0.33 ml for 320+ THB is not far off, only the local piss is cheap... everything imported is a rippoff

Pricelist is from Brewski rooftop bar.

Very poor unrealistic example using a Hiso rooftop bar.

Of course they will have rip-off prices.  Go to Lebua Tower and pay double that.

If a person chooses to hangout there, good luck with it and have a blast.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:34 PM, VocalNeal said:

In Vancouver BC one can get a happy ending massage. Not as  cheap but saves the airfares and the hotels and....... Just sayin.....

That doesn't work if one wants to take a BG to the beach for a week or more. In NZ brothels are legal, but I very much doubt one would be able to afford them for a week, unless a billionaire, and in that case the gold diggers are available for free.

On May 31, 2019 at 11:50 PM, worgeordie said:

31 years living in Thailand,been around most of the country and

Islands, but never been to Pattaya,what am i missing,and should

i visit before it dies.

regards Worgeordie

Just when you're feeling like ending it all, and have nothing more in life to live for, go to pattaya, walk around and have a look at the degenerates that live (exist) there, you will no doubt feel like a million bucks, be happy with you're life, and realize you became something in life and not have to live( exist) in such a <deleted> shithole! With these type of people.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:08 PM, WillyPlatt said:

For us Brits soi bukhawo is a wonderful enclave. Mainly europeans with a few yanks and canadians thrown in for good measure.

Have meet a lot of real characters over the last few years. Mainly conforming to the stereotype of people running away from a past.

Real people having lived real lives. Nice villians.

Will be coming over to Thailand soon and spending a fair bit of time in Pattaya.

Long lazy days with a day trip to koh larn or naklua thrown in as well.

Also a side trip to Hoi An in Vietnam, highly recommended for a few days.

Don't forget UK citizens get a 14 day holiday visa on arrival.

Also a few days in Hua Hin and Koh Tao as well.

The beauty of Pattaya is you can cut your cloth according to your budget.

30 day visa on arrival 

14 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Just when you're feeling like ending it all, and have nothing more in life to live for, go to pattaya, walk around and have a look at the degenerates that live (exist) there, you will no doubt feel like a million bucks, be happy with you're life, and realize you became something in life and not have to live( exist) in such a <deleted> shithole! With these type of people.

Get there before its tamed. At night go to WS and Soi LKM. During the day visit Big Buddha at Pratumnak.  Then do a trip out to Vineyard, Temple with Terracota warriors  near buddha mountain plus good restsurant overlooking the sea. Check out the rock clubs on WS plus the last 5 remaining old style GG bars. The windmill, heavens above  electric blue. Get a cheap beer at ibar overlooking the sea. Try the beer garden. Find out whats happening for free on beach rd. Take your girl, first get one  and take her to the hall of mirrors. Go to the Comfort in cozy beach..best food and fun in town. Go to WS and people watch. Go to The Scooters bars for ska and 60s mod music. Go to Kink the new GG on Soi LKM. Go to the sanctuary of truth. Pattaya is the last truely international city in Thailand. Check out the Issan clubs. If you havent been to Pattaya you havent been to Thailand! Ching Law!

On 7/11/2019 at 3:52 AM, Peteozi said:

Even though it is the low season Pattaya is very busy. Name me one street in Thailand busier than WS....even after 3am. Soi Buakao LK metro busy and good fun. Name me a busier area in Thailand.  All well run places are busy.  New places like the Comfort are always busy. Soi cozy beach is busy...two weeks ago traffic jams from Pratumnak to 2nd rd. The big beer bar complexes have seen their day. Many clubs Insomnia, 808, and the Indian clubs are rammed as are the well run GG bars. Pattaya is heavily visited by Bangkokians...Pattaya is evolving but by no means dead. Bangkok is dead. CM is dead but not Pattaya.  You wish.

1 hour ago, Ron jeremy said:

Just look at Adam Judd, super successful, running a bar, escalating the values of Pattaya. Visitors and expats alike are great people. Clean cut, hard working, very wealthy, from America. Shalom 

Archived