Pattaya is dead now

dreaming

37 minutes ago, Viggo McQuaid said:

Just look at Adam Judd, super successful, running a bar, escalating the values of Pattaya. Visitors and expats alike are great people. Clean cut, hard working, very wealthy, from America. Shalom 

now I can rest assured. thank you for this valuable input

On 6/1/2019 at 6:00 AM, ezzra said:

On the contrary, Pattaya now is being 'discovered' by the Chinese now who buys properties and business there with cash, so when the Pattaya falls out of flavor with one group of people, there will always be another who think that Pattaya is a wonderful place to live and invest...

Yes, but Pattaya will no longer be what it was for Westerners, for better or for worse (many say for the better). The Chinese are buying up properties and business in the area in anticipation of the EEC (Eastern Economic Corridor) which, if all goes as planned, will do to the Eastern seaboard of Thailand (Chonburi and Rayong Provinces) what the Chinese have already done to Sihanoukville in Cambodia.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

Yes, but Pattaya will no longer be what it was for Westerners, for better or for worse (many say for the better). The Chinese are buying up properties and business in the area in anticipation of the EEC (Eastern Economic Corridor) which, if all goes as planned, will do to the Eastern seaboard of Thailand (Chonburi and Rayong Provinces) what the Chinese have already done to Sihanoukville in Cambodia.

Not even close.  Go look.  Americans built it in the 1960's and Thais have been adding on ever since.  PTT one of the main companies and Samsung is a sub working for PTT.  

7 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Even though it is the low season Pattaya is very busy.

Are you living in a parallel universe. The City is EMPTY of traditional visitors from the UK Euro Nations Aussies and Kiwis which make up 95%

Very busy lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

I pray this does not happen....If gamboling is ever legalized things could get ugly fast.....

10 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Are you living in a parallel universe. The City is EMPTY of traditional visitors from the UK Euro Nations Aussies and Kiwis which make up 95%

Very busy lol

They all left a couple of years ago.  I take it you don't live in Thailand.  Not mentioning Americans are we?  How do you tell a Brit from an American or Aussie or Kiwi?  

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

They all left a couple of years ago.  I take it you don't live in Thailand.  Not mentioning Americans are we?  How do you tell a Brit from an American or Aussie or Kiwi?  

I refer you to the Pie Chart of traditional visitors that I put up previously.....Americans were even less than Brits and we were only 0.92 of just 1% in June 2019 arrivals

What does living in Thailand have to do with the price of crisps

Edited by Chivas

6 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

It's legal all over the world.  The only thing ugly is in the mind of ministers of the Baptist Church.  

Yea right....Book a 2 week stay in Sihanoukville then get back to us..

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Read the licence plates of the cars in the traffic jams daily.

I have better things to do with my time than spotting number plates...........................

I doubt that many of TAT's numbers run about on Bangkok plates.

37 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I have better things to do with my time than spotting number plates...........................

I doubt that many of TAT's numbers run about on Bangkok plates.

The majority of tourists in Pattaya have always been from Bangkok, at least in the last 20 years I've been going there.  Have you never been to Pattaya?

12 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

The majority of tourists in Pattaya have always been from Bangkok, at least in the last 20 years I've been going there.  Have you never been to Pattaya?

Once or twice.......... but TAT don't include Bangkokians in their numbers and the discussion I was involved in was about those numbers being down. Indigenous Thais and Bangkok weekenders don't count in that debate.

31 years living in Thailand,been around most of the country and

Islands, but never been to Pattaya,what am i missing,and should

i visit before it dies.

regards Worgeordie

if you have money and are willing to spend money,

there is almost nothing that you cant buy in pattaya.

that can not be said of any other place in thailand

beside bkk, and perhaps to a lesser degree, phuket

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Once or twice.......... but TAT don't include Bangkokians in their numbers and the discussion I was involved in was about those numbers being down. Indigenous Thais and Bangkok weekenders don't count in that debate.

The topic is, "Pattaya is dead now." People from Bangkok are included.  

24 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

The topic is, "Pattaya is dead now." People from Bangkok are included.  

As you wish...... but it is still dead - and I don't believe the Bangkokians are staying at home.

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

I refer you to the Pie Chart of traditional visitors that I put up previously.....Americans were even less than Brits and we were only 0.92 of just 1% in June 2019 arrivals

What does living in Thailand have to do with the price of crisps

Not living here precludes you from having a good idea of what's going on.  I go to the same places; hospital, shopping and observe traffic patterns and shoppers and patients at the hospital.  I can tell you who is coming and who is not and then look to official statistics to get the details.  For example less Europeans (wearing black socks and shorts a bit too short) than last year.  

https://www.tatnews.org/2018/12/thailand-records-7-5-growth-in-visitor-arrivals/

• Haha 2