Pattaya is dead now

dreaming

10 hours ago, meand said:

I have been saying this for years, what they need in Pattaya is a few clubs. Proper clubs. Let whoever you want in, but actual clubs with good music, based in selling alcohol and not tush. Music, dancing, clubs, you know, real clubs. The kind people travel the world to come to, the kind top DJ's get flown to play at. As it stands Pattaya is an absolute bore. It is the world's most pathetic senior living community, Get some clubs in there and change the entire vibe and image! 

Good post chap. Those saying and blaming it on low season are woefully wrong this time. There is no recovery for Pattaya this time when 95% of traditional visitors are using Sterling Euro Aussie and NZ Dollars as their base currency at such horrendouis levels. Last high season people would have already booked and taken the view we might as well go anyway but this year completely different.....Pattaya is close to over. Nothing stays the same. Record full employment in Thailand now and Pattaya has to be thankful that the internet let the genie out of the bottle and gave it at least 20 great years from around 1998 onwards

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Good post chap. Those saying and blaming it on low season are woefully wrong this time. There is no recovery for Pattaya this time when 95% of traditional visitors are using Sterling Euro Aussie and NZ Dollars as their base currency at such horrendouis levels. Last high season people would have already booked and taken the view we might as well go anyway but this year completely different.....Pattaya is close to over. Nothing stays the same. Record full employment in Thailand now and Pattaya has to be thankful that the internet let the genie out of the bottle and gave it at least 20 great years from around 1998 onwards

"Pattaya is close to over". Complete and utter rubbish. Asians make up the overwhelming majority of visitors now and growing middle classes accross the continent will guarantee prosperity for decades to come. Those businesses that adapt to the different demographics will survive. Those that don't will fall by the wayside and be replaced by those that do.

15 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Good post chap. Those saying and blaming it on low season are woefully wrong this time. There is no recovery for Pattaya this time

Alas, the "this time it is different argument".  Central and Big C are so busy I can barely make my way, but if the keyboard warriors in BF Egypt or where-ever say "its over", i guess it really is.....????

16 minutes ago, champers said:

"Pattaya is close to over". Complete and utter rubbish. Asians make up the overwhelming majority of visitors now and growing middle classes accross the continent will guarantee prosperity for decades to come. Those businesses that adapt to the different demographics will survive. Those that don't will fall by the wayside and be replaced by those that do.

I'll rephrase that. Its OVER for traditional visitors from the last 30 years. Bars are closing at a rapid rate that previously were supported by those visitors

Knock yourself out and open a bar for Chinese Japanese and Koreans. Its over mate completely shot and thats from someone who has flown 168 times outbound from London to Bangkok not some wet drip with zero knowledge

10 minutes ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Alas, the "this time it is different argument".  Central and Big C are so busy I can barely make my way, but if the keyboard warriors in BF Egypt or where-ever say "its over", i guess it really is.....????

Egypt...??  What on earth are you on about chap

51 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:
What it needs is more/newbie girls on Beach Road.
I think I know all of them some new faces would be nice.

There are a lot of new girls at the end of beach road before walking street, it's a new thing, 10 30pm i noticed them

Not LB I hope.

I usually do not go that far but will check it out.

thanks.

1 minute ago, Chivas said:

I'll rephrase that. Its OVER for traditional visitors from the last 30 years. Bars are closing at a rapid rate that previously were supported by those visitors

Knock yourself out and open a bar for Chinese Japanese and Koreans. Its over mate completely shot and thats from someone who has flown 168 times outbound from London to Bangkok not some wet drip with zero knowledge

Panda go-go bar is aimed at the Chinese. Young Chinese and Korean men love girls and beer and will frequent those places that actively welcome them. They have more money to spend than many from the West and can come here frequently for a week or a weekend on low cost carriers.

Go to Sri Racha if you want to see bars for the Japanese. 

2 hours ago, Kim J said:

If you want Ibiza, go there. Pattaya is unique, why would you want to turn it into a clone of just any other tourist city?

Personally I think the nightlife and general vibe around the city was much better in years gone bye when everything (bar the odd establishment) used to close at 12.00 02.00 am, before the existence of the clubs that are already here.

Ask yourself this question. If you turn Pattaya into what you are suggesting, why would anyone travel all the way from Europe etc to get something they already have on their own doorstep? I think your suggestion would more likely have a negative impact on tourism.

Because whoremongering is dead, young people don't need it nor want it. They just use Tinder to hook up. If you want to make money go with the time but the whole clubbing thing in Thailand is dead. 

Young people want festivals with good djs and dance on the beach, but clubs here close pathetically early and aren't worth going to.

Young koreans and chinese can go clubbing in Seoul or Shanghai way better than they can here, and the ones who got cash can as well fly to Berlin or New York, Ibiza or whatever.

On 6/2/2019 at 8:23 AM, daemon said:

As a Chinese, some people's ignorance and prejudice of China in this topic make me laugh.

But anyway, this is my observation.

1. The number of Chinese tourists to Thailand will not increase any more.Most of China's middle-aged and elderly will never come to Thailand again.One time is enough.

2. More people will travel to other Southeast Asian countries, the number of Chinese tourists to Vietnam is increasing sharply. Very fast

3. The proportion of independent tourists in China will increase

4. There will be more and more Chinese money coming into Pattaya's "sex industry".

Quite spot on, but also applies to every other nation.

Same reason less Europeans, Americans, Aussies visit - they all seen it already, and up to the next upcoming and more interesting place they go. That happens if you just care about numbers and not sustainability like Thailand did.

Bali is still rising, so is Vietnam, in 10 years it's prolly something else or a place in Africa is the next hot tourist hotspot. It changes all the time and Thailand is just sitting on their past imo.

False post.
That is a new food court area under construction not empty shops.
Its not a false post....behind those hoardings are empty shops....they used to be open but are now closed....the Jim Thomson silk shop is closed the many small knick knack stalls in the former "Asian Bazaar" all closed and hidden behind hoardings for a long while now...
At the other end of that floor near KFC more closed shops....are they going to turn the entire basement floor into a food court ? possibly ?

Some bars have only a few customers, increase the prices and wonder why less guests come. Other bars make a good atmosphere, have fair prices and cute girls and are full. If bar (also restaurant) owners do what everybody does, there is no reason to come to them. To be special and unique is a reason for customers to come to the place. 

1 hour ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

and how many are there for the air con?

5 hours ago, Kim J said:

If you want Ibiza, go there. Pattaya is unique, why would you want to turn it into a clone of just any other tourist city?

Personally I think the nightlife and general vibe around the city was much better in years gone bye when everything (bar the odd establishment) used to close at 12.00 02.00 am, before the existence of the clubs that are already here.

Ask yourself this question. If you turn Pattaya into what you are suggesting, why would anyone travel all the way from Europe etc to get something they already have on their own doorstep? I think your suggestion would more likely have a negative impact on tourism.

ANd so, what would make it less unique if you put a few good clubs in there? 

i am not sure why are think i said to take anything away. I was just talking about adding things to Pattaya. Much needed things that would help it grow in my estimation, and help its image. 

I mean think about what you are saying. Seriusly. Would you rather sit on the beach after partying all night with a few Italian girls in thongs, or next to smelly 85 year old guys in a tank tops smoking with their nads spilling out of their shorts? 

15 minutes ago, meand said:

ANd so, what would make it less unique if you put a few good clubs in there? 

i am not sure why are think i said to take anything away. I was just talking about adding things to Pattaya. Much needed things that would help it grow in my estimation, and help its image. 

I mean think about what you are saying. Seriusly. Would you rather sit on the beach after partying all night with a few Italian girls in thongs, or next to smelly 85 year old guys in a tank tops smoking with their nads spilling out of their shorts? 

There are plenty of clubs stack full of sexy girls closing at 4 am much better then any Euro clubs. Much much better.

And several have well known guest DJ's frequently if that is so important for you.

Jeez, get real.

Come here sometime and check it out....

Let's just break this down and be very honest about Pattaya for a moment. 

First, this is all under the assumption the person in question is going there to party. Which I feel is a fair assumption for the average visitor. 

On the one hand, you have the expat visitors. I do not know if you could by design find a worse bunch of people, as a whole. Older, cheap, boring, ugly, bald, smelly, or obnoxious meat head Aussies/Americans/Euros. Of course you can find diamonds in the rough though, we all know that. 

On the other hand, you have a group of very attractive young Thai ladies that populate the other major demographic in the city, yet all they care about is emptying you. That is literally their life/daily goal. They have seen it all. They know how to extract as much as possible out of each "type" of visitor. They are the best in Thailand at this. 

This is, in a general sense, what you have in Pattaya. The non-sugarcoated truth. 

I am saying bring some actual people in there. In my experience, people who travel and party tend to be very fun and interesting. Clubbers, young, good looking people who do not want to fleece you but just have a good time. And not only that, but have a few great venues to do it in. Make the drinks in these venues triple the price to keep all the folks I was speaking about above the <deleted> out. 

I am entirely unsure how adding a few other "types" of visitors to Pattaya's roster could do anything but improve the landscape as described above. But to each their own: if you love smelly, cheap old dudes, and inauthentic con artists, it is a one hell of a spot as it stands!

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

There are plenty of clubs stack full of sexy girls closing at 4 am much better then any Euro clubs. Much much better.

And several have well known guest DJ's frequently if that is so important for you.

Jeez, get real.

Come here sometime and check it out....

Get real, there are not even any good clubs in Bangkok! Anyway. If you guys are happy with pattaya the more power to ya, as i said. I think you need to get out more if you are that smitten with it, but please do enjoy. I have been there plenty by the way, but just do not prefer it. 

3 hours ago, johng said:

Its not a false post....behind those hoardings are empty shops....they used to be open but are now closed....the Jim Thomson silk shop is closed the many small knick knack stalls in the former "Asian Bazaar" all closed and hidden behind hoardings for a long while now...
At the other end of that floor near KFC more closed shops....are they going to turn the entire basement floor into a food court ? possibly ?

Poor old Marks and Spencer was closing down being a few doors away from Uniqlo it looked about 30 years past its best before date,coming from Uniqlo into marks was dispiriting.The basement did look like it was on a downward death spiral when I was there in January it's definitely in need of a refurb.

18 hours ago, elliss said:

Let us not forget ,

Pattaya made Thailand , brought the sex tourists money  into the kingdom.

I had my good ole days in patty some 18 years ago. No chinks or rusky mafia.

Now i am in Gods waiting room , Isaan , a rite boring <deleted> hole . Rip..

Isaan? what are you complaining about, heard the girls are hotter there 555

3 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Because whoremongering is dead, young people don't need it nor want it. They just use Tinder to hook up. If you want to make money go with the time but the whole clubbing thing in Thailand is dead. 

Young people want festivals with good djs and dance on the beach, but clubs here close pathetically early and aren't worth going to.

Young koreans and chinese can go clubbing in Seoul or Shanghai way better than they can here, and the ones who got cash can as well fly to Berlin or New York, Ibiza or whatever.

Quite spot on, but also applies to every other nation.

Same reason less Europeans, Americans, Aussies visit - they all seen it already, and up to the next upcoming and more interesting place they go. That happens if you just care about numbers and not sustainability like Thailand did.

Bali is still rising, so is Vietnam, in 10 years it's prolly something else or a place in Africa is the next hot tourist hotspot. It changes all the time and Thailand is just sitting on their past imo.

It may well go the way of the Japanese places on that soi in Patpong that are only for japanese this time only for the Chinese.The Chinese like to shop Primark and C&A that occupy the same space on the Damrak in Amsterdam is full of the Chinese with bulging bags, in the Uniqlo branch in central festival always has Chinese in front of me at the checkout.The biggest problem as I see it for Pattaya is that it's overstocked with everything all selling the same thing and most of it is tat,all those crappy shops selling cheap knock of tat and massage places with unattractive lady's who I don't want anywhere near me,rubbish restaurants selling industrial farmed fish and fowl,beer bar complexes that sell warm beer and nowhere to have a piss,the price of a drink is shocking a small bottle of beer will cost the same as a craft beer at home,I can buy food from all over the world in Europe at competitive prices try that in Thailand.The only things it's got going for it is the weather in our winter and sex on tap and the fact that the Thais are not puritanical.Thailand and Pattaya need a readjustment and this year may well be the year it happens. 

9 hours ago, johng said:

Central has quite a few empty shops on the "basement" level now.

P_20190615_111729.thumb.jpg.0e140950f715af55f035ecbb46501987.jpg

That is the NEW Central food-court that just opened this weekend, in the basement nearest to the beach road.  More high-end food and drinks than the food court at the front basement area, and a bit pricier but better quality.

It has been packed since the day it opened.  Of course, some of the so called 'Pattaya Experts' posting from their mum's cellar in Bum F Egypt would not have a clue about what is really going on in Thailand..... ????

6 hours ago, johng said:

Got any photos to share  ????

None that i took, but I was there the same day as the bunnies below.  You can see the few steps down into the new foodcourt, where the trinket and massage shops used to be.....  enjoy.

562000006494204.JPEG

On 7/2/2019 at 11:55 AM, adammike said:

It may well go the way of the Japanese places on that soi in Patpong that are only for japanese this time only for the Chinese.The Chinese like to shop Primark and C&A that occupy the same space on the Damrak in Amsterdam is full of the Chinese with bulging bags, in the Uniqlo branch in central festival always has Chinese in front of me at the checkout.The biggest problem as I see it for Pattaya is that it's overstocked with everything all selling the same thing and most of it is tat,all those crappy shops selling cheap knock of tat and massage places with unattractive lady's who I don't want anywhere near me,rubbish restaurants selling industrial farmed fish and fowl,beer bar complexes that sell warm beer and nowhere to have a piss,the price of a drink is shocking a small bottle of beer will cost the same as a craft beer at home,I can buy food from all over the world in Europe at competitive prices try that in Thailand.The only things it's got going for it is the weather in our winter and sex on tap and the fact that the Thais are not puritanical.Thailand and Pattaya need a readjustment and this year may well be the year it happens. 

the "readjustment" could  very well mean the pattaya as we knew it going for a burton.

None that i took, but I was there the same day as the bunnies below.  You can see the few steps down into the new foodcourt, where the trinket and massage shops used to be.....  enjoy.

562000006494204.JPEG&key=a8e9c6ac04eaa583fac5d3f5f0dfb3a56abca782b5bf4b4e375beacf6cc56d0a
The wife and i walked down to take a look yesterday,it seemed fairly busy,but then it does not have as much seating, a bit more "upmarket" but to be honest ,in future i doubt we will bother,its a bit"out of the way".before we used to grab a bite after using Tops ,it was handy then .

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

You can see the few steps down into the new foodcourt, where the trinket and massage shops used to be.....  enjoy.

Seems they where beavering away behind the hoardings  then alacazam

1st of July  ta-daaa...   new food court :shock1::jap:

Some more from Face ache

65914793_1363221773826231_962671255306108928_n.jpg.62d178545e332d2c08964178a5160df7.jpg

65569499_1363221860492889_4228991263984058368_n.jpg.b8fdc737114ade9c30cd868d0a25c169.jpg65650631_1363221803826228_2537359570582372352_n.jpg.4b7b907d4b4fbb3c446fd1857eed846a.jpg65694153_1176811649166382_8308600271173320704_n.jpg.faf5985d35862ce31cc01d62b6322a2b.jpg65695958_1059404797591935_3104784785436835840_n.jpg.d5183f79b6a54edd5232057b78dfb5d9.jpg65774948_1059371927595222_5075783416880824320_n.jpg.a4441b6b5bf10c1fba870b1df3f4389d.jpg65848106_1363221940492881_5429800369746083840_n.jpg.19d5ed98daa7738a3603c0efd9c303b8.jpg66168556_1363221830492892_4551471612024586240_n.jpg.448e2cb96bdf761372789a5cd0aff686.jpg66181702_1059265367605878_6242734058497900544_n.jpg.abec524484cf8d23f928aa212c26026e.jpg66185440_1177681889079358_3677433225984081920_n.jpg.9433c342a6467657086dc46128ef289a.jpg65304623_1363221977159544_8203438572456378368_n.jpg.200f2a8151c0f470c26034a244a8c905.jpg65386208_1363221907159551_1889762035164512256_n.jpg.fa4561c76569cf5b47f244262207050a.jpg65534846_1363222013826207_7379538479283175424_n.jpg.56442129615b48b9d4db04f6ec1ebea9.jpg65563090_1059371997595215_7778786389872607232_n.jpg.73fdc0dafddf35265f67ebd0086adf90.jpg

Archived