Pattaya is dead now

dreaming

On 6/10/2019 at 1:01 PM, kingdong said:

they tried getting lairy in spain 30 years ago silly prices for drinks,and generally taking the piss,and caught a right cold.same as thailand,its not good value anymore and theres a lot of cheaper,better places to go to,used to come to pattaya for 5 weeks,now i still come for 5 weeks but only spend about 8 days in thailand 4 in pattaya,4 in hua hin.

So where you spend your other 4 weeks? 

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% + mark up on the beer, ok they got taxes to pay etc, but 140 for a small beer in BKK, when a large beer is 52 baht in a shop, ok off on a tangent but BANGKOK is dead also as to the bar scene, ( i still keep in touch) one well known chain (guess) (got 4 bars) has put their barfine up from 500 to 700, and got no bloody customers, girls i know say how can i get 140 lady drinks for salary when we have no customers. i know some have gone to massage parlours,none of this crap buying lady drink then paying a barfine, just an observation.

59 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Probably Cambodia or Vietnam where the beer is 50c/glass.

Vietnam if you prefer massage girls.

Cambodia if you prefer bar girls.

Well but you know for just 4 weeks staying it doesn’t matter Cambodian Thailand Vietnam money wise and visa wise that is very similar.

re Tuckcom might be crowded, but no one is buying, i needed to replace  my seccurity camera, 730 baht from LAZADA, they wanted 4780 baht for exactly the same camera, i kid you not.
The daft thing about Tukcom in typical Thai style is many stalls selling the same thing, difficult to differentiate between any of them

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Probably Cambodia or Vietnam where the beer is 50c/glass.

Vietnam if you prefer massage girls.

Cambodia if you prefer bar girls.

For girly action, Indonesia is awesome. 4 star hotel in M Block 800 baht per night. food dirt cheap, taxi dirt cheap, but booze and girls more expansive but you get much better value for your money

Pattaya doesn't seem to realize that it's been declared dead again. Traffic absolutely horrendous yesterday, lots of people walking around everywhere, bars on Soi Buakhao and Beach Rd. well attended.
Maybe it's ghosts driving the cars and going to bars. They are technically dead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 6:30 AM, TheJayMan said:

It's 6:25 am and nobody is walking around at LK Metro. Maybe Pattaya is really dead now. Lol

IMG_1915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I promise I won’t shed a tear or ever set foot in Pattaya again........left 5 yrs ago after living in Jomtien for 9 yrs...........don’t miss one thing about it.

I did like it the first 7 yrs or so when I lived there.

It serves a sole purpose and nothing more.

I remember replying to thread 10 years ago, The same thing Pattaya is dead now, The topic was then how long will Walking street be there , they want to move it to the Dark-side, Friends where  leaving for Vietnam Cambodia and a few other places, I dont know anyone in Pattaya now, There are lots of Chinese , Indian Korean, They come in a controlled group go out in a controlled group, They dont use the local shops or Bars, Cloths thats for sale in the Malls are cheaper back in their own country, including the UK, Pattaya maybe busy by volume but they spending less in the Local Community,

On 6/1/2019 at 6:21 PM, mushroomdave said:

Pattaya is dead??.....thank you for the info/getting the car filled up!!.....time for my little return as thats the only time I like.....

Let us not forget ,

Pattaya made Thailand , brought the sex tourists money  into the kingdom.

I had my good ole days in patty some 18 years ago. No chinks or rusky mafia.

Now i am in Gods waiting room , Isaan , a rite boring <deleted> hole . Rip..

I have been saying this for years, what they need in Pattaya is a few clubs. Proper clubs. Let whoever you want in, but actual clubs with good music, based in selling alcohol and not tush. Music, dancing, clubs, you know, real clubs. The kind people travel the world to come to, the kind top DJ's get flown to play at. As it stands Pattaya is an absolute bore. It is the world's most pathetic senior living community, Get some clubs in there and change the entire vibe and image! 

I have been saying this for years, what they need in Pattaya is a few clubs. Proper clubs. Let whoever you want in, but actual clubs with good music, based in selling alcohol and not tush. Music, dancing, clubs, you know, real clubs. The kind people travel the world to come to, the kind top DJ's get flown to play at. As it stands Pattaya is an absolute bore. It is the world's most pathetic senior living community, Get some clubs in there and change the entire vibe and image! 
Without open brothels and Thais/farangs pimping girls, why somebody will come to pattaya?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, meand said:

Been to Pattaya last week after a 3 year hiatus, loved it with less crowds. Could do without all the Chinese though. iBar/Insomnia was great, Lucifer so-so, and 808 I can do without. As for the bars being "dead" - it depends on the bar - some we walked in and were the only customers, some we walked in and could barely find a seat. Seems like more of a question of location and quality rather than a lack of patrons.

1 hour ago, meand said:

People don't fly halfway around the world for something they can get back home and that's serious nightclubbing in classy venues. You sound young and naive

Not sure that would be viable. The people presently comming are not the sort to pay extra for that. The people who would pay extra for that would not come here unless it was already well established.

A sort of catch 22.

Bangkok is more viable, and I think it already exists there.

9 hours ago, meand said:

What it needs is more/newbie girls on Beach Road.

I think I know all of them some new faces would be nice.

Archived