Corbyn accuses Trump of interfering in UK politics with Johnson comments

rooster59

1 minute ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Yes you hit on the Brexiteers are the real snowflakes secret. Trump couldn't bare to accept that he lost the national vote by 3 million. Brexiteers search desperately for scapegoats every time they hear facts that contradict  their sadly ill informed beliefs. It's the Biased Broadcasting Corp, it's the MSM, it's a Remainer conspiracy, etc etc etc - pathetic really.  

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 23.40.47.png

myths.png

Excellent post

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You evidence for that? Or are you just making that up.

It takes only 2 minutes with Google. You could have done by yourself before posting.

The Republican president has insisted he in fact won the popular vote, "if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally", without offering any evidence for the claim.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42561699

He did it again in 2018

"The Republicans don’t win and that’s because of potentially illegal votes,” Trump said. “When people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles. Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again. Nobody takes anything. It’s really a disgrace what’s going on.”

Suffice it to say Trump didn’t present any evidence for his claim.

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/14/18095592/trump-voter-fraud-disguises-cars-daily-caller-interview

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I expect the millennial snowflakes who are too busy looking at their likes on Facebook with their narcissistic outlook in life not accept a democratic elected president. Having crying rooms across university campuses because Hilary lost sums it all up for me. Rather like those who can't accept Brexit and want to prevent it in anyway they can.

No, it's poor timing for The Donald's state visit really, as London will be snowflake central for a few days.

Some fine weather has arrived - just nice for protesting. The students have broken up after exams and can squeeze in a few days before 'finding themselves' somewhere exotic. It's not quite time for the chattering classes to go on holiday, until Oliver and Olivia have finished prep school, so the mummies can play at being activists again.
"Will that sunscreen still work when applied over or under my blue face paint?"  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, baboon said:

That 21% is active and vocal. They turn out to vote and flood radio talkshows with calls. I couldn't agree with them less, but they are determined and will fight 24/7. Johnson will weather the storm and his previous comments will be swatted away.

I am amazed it is that high in the UK, where he has committed one blunder after another. His approval elsewhere in the world is very low. 

Mexico had the lowest ratings for the Trump presidency with just 6 percent expressing confidence in his leadership. Canada's ratings of Trump's leadership were higher at 25 percent, while only 39 percent of Canadians expressed a favorable opinion of the U.S. as a whole -- the lowest percentage since Pew began polling Canada in 2002, the study said.

Two of America's closest European allies reported low confidence in Trump. In Germany, just 10 percent held a favorable opinion of the president, while three-in-four Germans said the U.S. was doing less to address global problems.

In France, Trump's confidence rating was similarly low at just 9 percent with 81 percent saying the U.S. doesn't consider the interests of countries like France when making foreign policy decisions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/poll-shows-global-approval-ratings-trump-remain-low/story%3fid=58210702

• Like 2

20 hours ago, baboon said:

That 21% is active and vocal. They turn out to vote and flood radio talkshows with calls. I couldn't agree with them less, but they are determined and will fight 24/7. Johnson will weather the storm and his previous comments will be swatted away.

The comments will indeed be ignored. If Trump and Trump's followers are an indication, that's not an issue. Anything can be ignored, denied, explained away or deflected. Moreover, said comments might actually get him some votes from the other side, if they cast him as secretly with them. Or something.

But it is funny how some groups are acknowledged as involved and punching above their weight, while the same is rejected for others.

Edited by Morch

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Good if you like propaganda.

it was a truthful post and not a big red bus in sight,iam sure the poster will not be appearing before a court anytime soon.

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2019 at 6:16 PM, sanemax said:

Trump has his own opinion about Boris and Boris has his own opinion about Trump .

Do you think that Trump would change his opinion on Boris , because of Boris's opinion of Trump ?

Like , I wouldnt dislike a person, just because they disliked me 

Trump seems to be mind (or at least, he comments on this often enough) people saying "nasty" things about him. And I doubt he could be described as someone not holding a grudge, either.

3 hours ago, bomber said:

it was a truthful post and not a big red bus in sight,iam sure the poster will not be appearing before a court anytime soon.

As true as fiction can be.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2019 at 9:03 AM, transam said:

Think Corbyn should be more worried about Dianne Abbott as his sidekick over Trump's spouts....

Perhaps he fears that Trump might make a play for the fair Dianne given the POTUS's reputation with women. Jealousy is a very strong emotion.

On 6/2/2019 at 12:47 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think Trump is a great believer in foreign interference in other countries' leadership elections...

After all, it worked with Putin and Russia helping him get elected as U.S. president.

So now he's figuring he'll try the same tack in helping get Johnson elected as UK PM.

How exactly did Putin help Trump get elected.

I thought it had been decided by an independent inquiry that Putin had played no part whatsoever in the result of the US presidential election.

I sincerely doubt that very few Americans if any are going to pay any attention to a Russian trying to tell 'em how to vote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

who really cares about this bloke and his retarded diatribe. The only thing that matters is MAGA while UK goes into the toilet....39 baht to the pound. Sucks to be in the uk. U can have have this corbyn turnip and mayor "taliban-raghead" knan-ski....555!

Priceless!

6 hours ago, bomber said:

Thanks for that, I'm relieved! They do say that "People want their day in court", but I'm rather busy at the moment.

It's now getting seriously sad, isn't it, I present a number of facts about Euro myths, which can easily be checked up on by anyone who can use Google. I receive highly sophisticated, cogently argued replies "Good if you like propaganda", "As true as fiction can be". Surely facts can't give Brexiteers so much pain, as I say to people "Don't trust me, put in a little effort and look stuff up".

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Your lack of knowledge of the facts of the matter is startling....

Especially considering that the U.S. Special Counsel's report just recently made public detailed extensive efforts and actions by Russia to interfere in the 2016 presidential election in favor of Trump.

And as for your last sentence, again if you had any clue, you'd know and understand that the Russian efforts were COVERT.... they weren't publicly advertising what they were doing. Instead, they were planting and disseminating fake and distorted news through a variety of communication channels that no one would have any idea had Russian government agents behind them.

Unless you're just trolling and portraying fake, partisan inspired ignorance....

If these efforts were covert then how do you know these efforts were being made and who discovered them.

And what were these news items about that they were accused of spreading and how do you know it was the Russians that were spreading them?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, candide said:

The size a of poll sample is usually around 1000 so it's unlikely that you may know someone who has been surveyed. Same as for the other polls on any subject. Do you know many people who have participated in any national survey?

As for your statement that the survey had been conducted in Universities and other left-wing nests, do you have any proof of it?

Of course I don't just like you don't have any that they're not

But I know the take most of my peers have on political matters and they are mostly the opposite to those of that section of the public who imagine that because they went on to further education know more about life rather those of us that lived for years in the real world earning a living.

Our MPs mostly went to university and look at the mess they've made of things in regard to mass immigration and Brexit. Now May is on the way out it looks like we'll have Boris the Clown or that dopey looking Gove running the show. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Of course I don't just like you don't have any that they're not

But I know the take most of my peers have on political matters and they are mostly the opposite to those of that section of the public who imagine that because they went on to further education know more about life rather those of us that lived for years in the real world earning a living.

Our MPs mostly went to university and look at the mess they've made of things in regard to mass immigration and Brexit. Now May is on the way out it looks like we'll have Boris the Clown or that dopey looking Gove running the show. 

The people that you refer to as your 'peers' are a group you have chosen to associate with/identify with and therefore very much more likely to share similar outlooks, such as political views. So you know a lot of people who hold similar views to yourself, so do I. 

How about this for hogwash: 

Arguing that because someone continued their education into 'further education/university' they somehow skipped life experiences, didn't 'live in the real world' or earn a living?!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Explain why it's Complete BS.

It might not agree with your take on the matter but that does not make it untrue.

Unless you can expose something as being BS then your accusation is totally meaningless. I'm English, I live in England and have never heard of this poll. How is this bull$hit?

You are correct, the observation you made from personal experience is not BS.

It's a little more than simply confirming that you personally don't have knowledge of something, but of course not being aware of something is not evidence that it does not exist.  

• Like 1