can the pound hold 39bt

31 minutes ago, kingdong said:

what mob compiled this?the same lot who predicted the uk would go  bankrupt if we didn,t join the euro?

11819219_ScreenShot2019-06-04at19_07_35.png.c6c1388a2a86364433deabd5dfd2ad7e.png

The only £/฿ one i could find.  But all the forecasts don't look good.  Pound vs anything. 

22 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

In the UK last week out of curiosity whilst at the post office I asked the baht rate the pound then was 40.7 their rate was 35.1 and I guess 34 now god help us???? 

The UK seems to be the worst country for exchange rates on the planet.  And the Post Office is worse than the rest of the banks.  

• Like 1

Just now, Mister Fixit said:

The UK seems to be the worst country for exchange rates on the planet.  And the Post Office is worse than the rest of the banks.  

Most of us buy baht in Thailand (and not the Airport)

3 hours ago, yodsak said:

Maybe it shouldn't but it was.    SCB TT 39.12  at 15:07 today.   still the same at 16.12

519621053_ScreenShot2019-06-04at16_01_58.png.f6b8b8f614973e9281180e4278bee479.png

Yes perhaps I could have been clearer. Despite having my own SCB account I'd never let them convert any incoming TT. They have a habit of being somewhat lower than they should be

On 6/3/2019 at 7:36 PM, scubascuba3 said:
On 6/3/2019 at 7:31 PM, bomber said:
good luck with that one,message me in a few years as to how you got on emoji1787.png

Could be worse, will be for the EU and Euro

Is this one of those “they need us more than we need them”?????????????????

• Haha 2

On 6/3/2019 at 8:24 PM, bomber said:

prepare for 30 ???? it doesnt matter its only money,drink less,bonk less,eat less,down size your home or stay in an 1500bt a month Issan flea pit,make home brew,less LDs what could be easier ????  and dont forget to fight them on the beaches

I've already converted to ladyboys - half the price and the result's just the same.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, bomber said:

iam aware all of the pounds fall is not down to brexit but since the vote 70-80% of the loss is brexit related,i await the usual brexiteers moans because i have used percentage example.

What do you mean they’re great with numbers. I mean how often do you hear them talking about 17.4m?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, alant said:

Brexit has not happened yet those supporting remain refuse to consider it is membership of the EU that has resulted in the UK economic situation. I used to get over 70 THB to the £, now less than 40, all contributed to by the EU membership.

Well that’s a great one! The EU caused the £ to drop from 70 to 40 ????????????????????????

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

And yet this forum is riddled with expat brexiters. Turkeys voting for Xmas ?

turkeys that are £15k out of pocket and counting and some even say its going to get worse,rather strange people imo,and dreaming of supposedly being set free from EU shackles while they live the dream 1000s of miles away singing no surrender and rule Britannia

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Estrada said:

The Pound will fall to B30-35 after a hard Brexit crash out and stay around 39-40 id a soft Brexit. It will rise to B50 if we remain. I warned the Brexiteer economic suicide squad here at the time after they voted to leave and the Pound fell 20%. They then told me "don't worry it will climb back up within 3 weeks! Currently I am losing 27% of my pension's values compared to when the Conservatives first announced a referendum.

You have to believe more. They believed more.....lies

6 hours ago, Percy P said:

Well the Euro isn't doing any better and that will sink further . Pound will pick up.

Yes the € has weakened but consistently stronger than the £. When the Euro launched it was at 1.42 to the £, now it’s 1.13

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Don't worry fellow Brit Brothers, you got the Americans back all these years were in this together. Trump is there now ( for the record I didn't vote for him )  he is going to put the Great back into Britain as soon as confirmation there is a trade deal the pound will be going back up but of course, don't even think 50 be happy 42?????

I’ve always loved satire

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

Or the same lot that failed to predict the crash of 2007?

nothing whatsoever to do with brexit,but they did predict a pound collapse with a leave vote,and the they were spot on,same same again with a crash out,they have the power to do it and they will do it,not project fear just stark reality.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Well that’s a great one! The EU caused the £ to drop from 70 to 40 ????????????????????????

and folks wonder why we call brexiteers thick.

Edited by bomber
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The Baht is strengthening. USD is now at 31.x and Aussie 21.x.

Will those break the barriers at 30 and 20 respectively?

quite possibly but i would expect it to stay there for too long.