fair price per square meter for a condo

Hindy

What doom and gloom? Thailand has a massive 220 billion Dollars in reserves so the economy doing well with the baht flying but you would have to be nuts to buy now with the strength of the baht unless your a yank

Having said that any of the view talay buildings in Jomtien are value at 50000baht / sqm. I stay in them regularly and they are solid buildings well maintained

Edited by madmen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot depends on the quality, location, age of building, etc....

50k or under per SqM if not on the beach.  For new beachfront construction, anything under 90k per SqM is ballin'.  I am sure deals can be had on resale, so scour that market.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Well, it's your own fault if a poster gently slammed you.  Ezzra gave an excellent answer, which you slammed in turn.  You asked for advice, be gracious about accepting what is given, even if it might not be what you want to hear.  

Obviously, you think 40,000 to 50,000 baht a sqm is the correct answer and, certainly, you can find condos in that price range. But, as Ezzra pointed out, there are numerous factors that go into the price of a condo, just as there are for things like autos.  You can find a new 4 door sedan for 700,000 baht and you can aso find new 4 door sedans for 2 million baht.  As with condos, various factors go into the pricing.  In Thailand there isn't too much bargaining allowed with new cars but you can certainly bargain with condos.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The price per sq meter is an inaccurate way to value a property.  

Although, many RE agents will use this some because they are lazy.

If a place is highly upgraded with new high end appliances, Italian tile, high end granite or marble counter tops, comes furnished, etc. then obviously it is worth more.

Interesting you would mention Pratumnak.  There are some real low prices there now several places for under one million b.  Not big, but new and decent locations.

So, how many places in the world can one buy a condo for around 30,000 dollars in a decent area? Not many.

Also, if a person is buying and smart take the exchange rate to your advantage.  If someone bought a few years ago an offer of 15 percent below what they paid will have them breaking even.  So, if they paid 2 million I would probably even go lower then 15 percent to around 1.5 million b.

Hence, one of the reasons for 12,000 properties on the market in the Pattaya area.  Sellers do not want to sell for less then they paid.  So, many places will sit sit sit with little interest.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The price per sq meter is an inaccurate way to value a property.  

Although, many RE agents will use this some because they are lazy.

If a place is highly upgraded with new high end appliances, Italian tile, high end granite or marble counter tops, comes furnished, etc. then obviously it is worth more.

Interesting you would mention Pratumnak.  There are some real low prices there now several places for under one million b.  Not big, but new and decent locations.

So, how many places in the world can one buy a condo for around 30,000 dollars in a decent area? Not many.

Also, if a person is buying and smart take the exchange rate to your advantage.  If someone bought a few years ago an offer of 15 percent below what they paid will have them breaking even.  So, if they paid 2 million I would probably even go lower then 15 percent to around 1.5 million b.

Hence, one of the reasons for 12,000 properties on the market in the Pattaya area.  Sellers do not want to sell for less then they paid.  So, many places will sit sit sit with little interest.

cheers thanks

despite some keyboard warriors comments,

what i was trying to guage is a general basic figure.

I have seen a couple of two bed roomed apartments,which are fully furnished but for me ,they could rip everything out and i would furnish it myself and i was trying to get a ball park figure to make an offer on one of them on that basis.

Whether people will go for that is another matter,i suspect the many connected Thais who have bought off plan will not go for that ,but the Russians are leaving in droves,being replaced by Chinese with money but it is a buyers market and i have time on my side.

44 minutes ago, Hindy said:

cheers thanks

despite some keyboard warriors comments,

what i was trying to guage is a general basic figure.

I have seen a couple of two bed roomed apartments,which are fully furnished but for me ,they could rip everything out and i would furnish it myself and i was trying to get a ball park figure to make an offer on one of them on that basis.

Whether people will go for that is another matter,i suspect the many connected Thais who have bought off plan will not go for that ,but the Russians are leaving in droves,being replaced by Chinese with money but it is a buyers market and i have time on my side.

The Chinese are buying in newer projects more central.

The Base, The Edge, Centric, although north Pattaya Posh.

Not many at all in Jomtien or Pratumnak especially in existing lived in properties.

Yes, I would agree you have time on your side no big hurry.

4 hours ago, Postmaster said:

Am I right in thinking that Pratumnak is still void of a general 10 baht Song Theaw service?

If so you are left to the mercy of the Motorbike taxi crews and not everyone likes to use those for obvious reasons.

correct, there is no baht bus to Pratumnak.  Lots of other options.  My condo has a dedicated truck for pick-up\droppoff at Central, main road, etc.  Also, Grab is 100b to downtown from the beachfront.  Jomtien baht bus is a hole anyway.

16 minutes ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

correct, there is no baht bus to Pratumnak.  Lots of other options.  My condo has a dedicated truck for pick-up\droppoff at Central, main road, etc.  Also, Grab is 100b to downtown from the beachfront.  Jomtien baht bus is a hole anyway.

A warning to those thinking Pratumnak. I lived there for a while HUGE mistake. You are at the mercy of motocy taxis and taxis and baht buses running as taxis.  100 - 150 baht into pattaya and minimum 150 baht back from Pattaya and good luck during december when they become extortionists !

And your at the mercy of those scum whenever you want to go anywhere.

There is a reason why most airbnb listings are mostly empty there and cheaper than Jomtien

Stick to the 10 baht bus route and your life will easy and a hell of a lot cheaper!

Edited by madmen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, madmen said:

A warning to those thinking Pratumnak. I lived there for a while HUGE mistake. You are at the mercy of motocy taxis and taxis and baht buses running as taxis.  100 - 150 baht into pattaya and minimum 150 baht back from Pattaya and good luck during december when they become extortionists !

There is a reason why most airbnb listings are mostly empty there and cheaper than Jomtien

Stick to the 10 baht bus route and your life will easy and a hell of a lot cheaper!

you have a point,but i have lived there for the past three years and for me it is still the best part of town,by the way taxis are 200 min now and after 12 you will be paying 300 baht to come back.

1 hour ago, Straight8 said:

Fair price and what you pay are 2 different things.

You'd need your head examined paying some of these prices they are asking for condo's per sq. meter - at least in Bangkok.

correct

I agree deep into Pratamnack is to be avoided because of the problem with transport. But on the outskirts on the baht bus route is fine. Condos like The Axis, Royal Hill, Tree Tops, etc. Like Hindy i lived at the Pattaya Hill Resort for a month and it was a real PITA getting to and from the condo.

Edited by Henryford

51 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I agree deep into Pratamnack is to be avoided because of the problem with transport.

I think it is a good area but one needs their own motor bike for easy Transportation.

16 hours ago, madmen said:

Why didn't you buy a motorbike?

Or, are you physically unable to ride?

48 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Why didn't you buy a motorbike?

Or, are you physically unable to ride? 

Try riding a motorbike back at 1am after 10 beers past the Police checkpoint at the Pratamnack traffic lights. Your retirement will be a short one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Try riding a motorbike back at 1am after 10 beers past the Police checkpoint at the Pratamnack traffic lights. Your retirement will be a short one.

Sure, no way.

But, I would think that is not the only time and reason everyday a person would leave their home.

But, could be I guess.

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Yeah, your not wrong, drinking 10 beers and riding a motorbike

will certainly make your retirement a short one! ????

Theres a website from dept land that states the true evaluation of the condo. property.treseasury.gov.th.  May help with bargaining for true value as this is how the 7% tax is calculated by the land dept on purchase of property that must be paid.

you have a point,but i have lived there for the past three years and for me it is still the best part of town,by the way taxis are 200 min now and after 12 you will be paying 300 baht to come back.

I loved the place and my prices were ten years ago and it shows lol

If there was better transport I would move back

Sent from my star using Tapatalk

On 6/4/2019 at 7:00 PM, madmen said:

I pay 80 down (60 plus tip) & 100 back.

That would down to LK, further is more.

Just to give an example of the stupidity of some who base every price on price per sq. meter.

Hey hey, the penthouse at Northshore is on the market.  5 bedrooms 8 bathrooms and approx. 1000 sq. meters 

Asking price: 200,000,000 b!

So, that is around 200, 000 b per sq. mtr.  4 to 5 times what many would suggest is the standard. 

But, but, but... exactly my point.  Just using price per sq. meter is a lazy appraisal many factors can change it.

So, anyone have around 6 million dollars laying around to make an offer? ????

On 6/5/2019 at 10:18 AM, Henryford said:

I agree deep into Pratamnack is to be avoided because of the problem with transport. But on the outskirts on the baht bus route is fine. Condos like The Axis, Royal Hill, Tree Tops, etc. Like Hindy i lived at the Pattaya Hill Resort for a month and it was a real PITA getting to and from the condo.

A higher class condo will have a free shuttle bus.