Two women injured in UK homophobic attack 'for refusing to kiss'

rooster59

31 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Isn't more likely to be perceived as 'a stern talking to' nowadays?

After the Tony Martin case in Norfolk twenty years ago, as much as I admire him, I'm sure people would be reticent to do much more in their own defence.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)  

I remember that case, the guy was right to do what he did. break into other peoples property and you deserve to be killed.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Reported "flame/insult" post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

13 hours ago, faraday said:

No, it means 21% of the LGBT, not total UK population.

Oh wow. You have understanding problem. I will waste two more minutes explain to you. Then I finish already.

i said farang. Not just UK.

750 million farang in the world.

4.5% is LGBT about

So about 30 million LGBT farang.

21% is about 6 million. Every year.

It happen thousands of times EVERYDAY.

But you say it didnt. The girls hit each other? 

Up to you.

And also, population of uk is about 66 million, nearly same as Thailand. You think that 21% of 66 milion is 30 million? Sell calculator at the market only 50 baht.

I think you like to argue. For what.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Doesn't matter what we think it means, the courts will decide and they don't like people that defend themselves. 

You keep posting claims without evidence. Overdue for some effort to prove your assertions. Starting points for research...

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/self-defence-and-prevention-crime

https://www.lawteacher.net/cases/self-defence.php

13 minutes ago, simple1 said:

You keep posting claims without evidence. Overdue for some effort to prove your assertions. Starting points for research...

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/self-defence-and-prevention-crime

https://www.lawteacher.net/cases/self-defence.php

The 'Tony Martin case' is an example - but otherwise I agree that self-defence (without using lethal force) would probably prevail.

But this is way off-topic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Oh wow. You have understanding problem. I will waste two more minutes explain to you. Then I finish already.

i said farang. Not just UK.

750 million farang in the world.

4.5% is LGBT about

So about 30 million LGBT farang.

21% is about 6 million. Every year.

It happen thousands of times EVERYDAY.

But you say it didnt. The girls hit each other? 

Up to you.

And also, population of uk is about 66 million, nearly same as Thailand. You think that 21% of 66 milion is 30 million? Sell calculator at the market only 50 baht.

I think you like to argue. For what.

Where you're wrong is assuming that every time it's a farang that commits the hate crime against LGBT farang. 

Most LGBT live in cities and in places like London farang are under 50% of the population. 

And Thailand is more violent to LGBT than you think - http://www.th.undp.org/content/thailand/en/home/presscenter/pressreleases/2018/06/21.html

Edited by Rimmer
troll removed

6 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

It’s been reported that one of them spoke Spanish.

Do you have a link?

The op states that "Arrests have been made, police later added on Twitter, without elaborating."

All a bit odd....  The police stated on twitter????

Have the police arrested anyone or not?

• Confused 1

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:38 AM, Skallywag said:

Too bad the women didn't have tasers or stun guns...wait those are illegal in the UK.  Even pepper spray is illegal?!

How are unarmed people supposed to defend themselves against these ruffians? 

If they were legal, then attacker probably would have them too and the situation would be even more in the criminals favour.  

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:35 AM, ivor bigun said:

Why do people have to be " visable queer" like its some badge of honour,why not just act normal i am hetro but i dont make a "visable" statement about it all the time.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

People should be allowed to be who they are.  From your posts its clear you have some problem with gay people and an passive aggressive agenda to put them down.  Do you think your gay 'friends' in your family change their behaviour when they are around you so not to upset you?   If I was naturally feminine gay guy, who are you so say I am wrong for just acting normally for me? Its nothing to do with wearing a badge, its just about being yourself and free.   

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:21 AM, ivor bigun said:

No,its not about holding hands ,its about pushing the fact your gay in everybodys face all the time, gay parades,rainbow flags,etc etc ,just get on with your life ,to be honest its like sexual minorities are ashamed,so have to constantly show straight people that its normal to be that way.

Again, you are not forced to attend a gay pride.  Gays like these things as its fun, a good party, colourful and a chance to meet people in their own community.  I don't think they would say you holding hands was pushing your 'straight agenda', or you having a wedding party was showing off you were straight.  That would be pretty petty and stupid.  

23 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

21 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

How utterly strange. I'm not sure I buy into the gays-are great-meme and should be included in every TV program and movie. 

I have to be really honest, and say that men kissing makes me physically sick and I have to look away, but that is just a personal thing, I simply don't want or need to see it....seeing congealed bacon grease makes me retch and feel the same way. But I don't think they should be beaten up or denied jobs on the basis if their sexuality.

Lesbians kissing on the other hand is a true on for me. I simply cannot understand a male mind that does not find lesbians fascinating.

If the expression of my physical reactions causes me to be modded...I understand

no one cares what turns you on mate.  I suspect many people might be physically sick seeing you kissing.  You don't want to see it... you don't have to look!   

21 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Another thing i find wrong is when people go straight to social media and post pictures,why did they have to do that? Why not just report it to the police,rather than plaster it all over the internet,or are they "proud to be gay" and want rverybody to know?
By the way i still think what was done to them was terrible and the shits that did it should do time.

Yes, they should keep it quiet as they are dirty unnatural lesbians and probably deserved it?  Maybe they are warning other women about what happened, and want the crime to be known and not hushed up.  

20 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Are you that vapid that you think they posted photos so they could show they are proud to be gay?

I was going to ask what is wrong with some of the people on this forum. Rubbish like this, another guy banging on about how he likes to see lesbians kissing, others going on about Hollywood movies and gay agendas... but they I thought, it is TVF, wouldn't expect anything less here

Exactly.  Your post was spot on.

20 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Well they do seem to be proud to show of their "queerness" as they are posting ,so my answer is yes that is why they posted .

Why do you have this obsession about gay keeping it secret and hiding it?

18 hours ago, possum1931 said:

No, they are being normal.

No one is 'normal' everyone is different. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

If they were legal, then attacker probably would have them too and the situation would be even more in the criminals favour.  

People should be allowed to be who they are.  From your posts its clear you have some problem with gay people and an passive aggressive agenda to put them down.  Do you think your gay 'friends' in your family change their behaviour when they are around you so not to upset you?   If I was naturally feminine gay guy, who are you so say I am wrong for just acting normally for me? Its nothing to do with wearing a badge, its just about being yourself and free.   

Again, you are not forced to attend a gay pride.  Gays like these things as its fun, a good party, colourful and a chance to meet people in their own community.  I don't think they would say you holding hands was pushing your 'straight agenda', or you having a wedding party was showing off you were straight.  That would be pretty petty and stupid.  

no one cares what turns you on mate.  I suspect many people might be physically sick seeing you kissing.  You don't want to see it... you don't have to look!   

Yes, they should keep it quiet as they are dirty unnatural lesbians and probably deserved it?  Maybe they are warning other women about what happened, and want the crime to be known and not hushed up.  

Exactly.  Your post was spot on.

Why do you have this obsession about gay keeping it secret and hiding it?

No one is 'normal' everyone is different. 

What is different about a man and a women holding hands?

Just to sum up the current situation in the uk capital :

“Over the five years to 2018, reported homophobic hate crimes across London have increased from 1,488 in 2014 to 2,308 in 2018, according to the Met Police's crime dashboard.”

Source: BBC News

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I agree with ivor bigun.

The offenders have apparently been arrested and charged - but no news about their ethnicity.

You can pretty much guarantee (?) that if they were british yobs, this would have already been made very clear?

Aren't they boys? Likely nothing about them will be released if they're too young.

31 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The full details will come out when it goes to court, by this time the public outcry will be reduced and unlikely any retaliation will take place.

Except by then the British/English bashing will have achieved it's aim.

(Disclaimer: I do not yet know who was to blame!)

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Do you have a link?

The op states that "Arrests have been made, police later added on Twitter, without elaborating."

All a bit odd....  The police stated on twitter????

Have the police arrested anyone or not?

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

The public really shouldn't have to rely on these guessing games - and yet we see it time and time again as the truth is concealed as long as possible.....

No wonder more than a few of us are becoming ever more cynical.....

Perhaps you need to dial down your cynicism, it took me less than a minute to turn this up:

http://news.met.police.uk/news/fifth-arrest-made-following-homophobic-attack-on-a-bus-in-camden-372015

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah, you obviously don't understand Englishness. Now that PC has reduced them to <deleted>, one is expected to take an assault quietly, then report it to the police so they can ignore it.

If one were to resist or fight back, then YOU might be in trouble.

Even worse is to actually injure one of your attackers, as then YOU will be charged with assault, and punished more severely than the attackers were for their assault on you.

I once had to stand back and do nothing as a man was assaulted in front of me in London, as the attacker was a boy, and I knew that should I so much as bruise him I'd be convicted of a crime, and lose my job. I did stay in case the victim needed assistance after, and to give the cops a statement, but fortunately he was not actually injured.

Seems to me that there is no longer "justice" in England, and the legal system is barking.

Utter hogwash. 

1. (Police ignoring reports of assault) The police have swiftly arrested five people after the report of this assault.

2. (If one were to resist or fight back, then YOU might be in trouble) Contrary to the fact that everyone has the right to self defense under English law. 

3. Even worse if you actually injure.... Nonsense. Provided your defend yourself with reasonable force you have nothing to worry about - you have the right to self defense - Period. 

4. Punished more than your attackers.  Please keep it real. You have the right to self defense - Period. 

5. You never have to stand back and do nothing, but you are not compelled to give assistance and don't need an excuse for not giving assistance. That the 'victim' in this instance wasn't actually injured is an interesting detail. 

6. It seems your lack of understanding of the law relating to self defense in England is sadly lacking, which is something to consider when reading conclusions you draw on such poor understanding. 

Perhaps you need to dial down your cynicism, it took me less than a minute to turn this up:

http://news.met.police.uk/news/fifth-arrest-made-following-homophobic-attack-on-a-bus-in-camden-372015
Says nothing that has not already been reported, nothing about ethneticity

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

As to the fact to not being able to defend youurself,in Britain you cannot even put broken glass or barbed wire on top of your walls in case an intruder hurts himself. And another thing as to there being more hate crimes,things that nobody would have reported years ago are now with social media and the snowflake generation,shouted from the rooftops.

'Snowflake' says the man getting wound up by other people expressing their sexuality and what people choose to post on their social media feed. 

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thanks 2

I wish I was there, would have engaged with these F^^^^^^s and taken them with me to Hell or Heaven, wouldn't matter cause I have friends on both sides...Cannot forgive that behavior. 

• Like 1