Bad Boy Brits?

sambum

In many cases the news articles are translated from the Thai original, it is often the Thai way to emphasise a nationality and no other reason.

Before anyone decides to jump on the "bashing" wagon, regardless of which nationality, read the forum rule:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sambum said:

Does anybody else get this feeling of an increase in anti Brit sentiment, or am I just being paranoid?

People are just given Americans/Indians/Chinese/Russians/Thais a bit of a breather. Don't worry about it, it will swing back to another nationality soon enough ????

• Like 1

Wow... sensitive much ???

Time to chill with a cool one... 

There is also a thread about Vern Unsworth being awarded an MBE. 

Another about 'why does no one want to live in France'

Its not just all negative about Brits... there is far more negativity about Thailand in these threads than any other nation, well, perhaps except China !... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, sambum said:

Does anybody else get this feeling of an increase in anti Brit sentiment, or am I just being paranoid?

Be careful, they could come knocking at any moment.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Suck it up buttercup.

It's the English that are stuffing things up actually.

...them and Gareth Bale.

A lot of the ex-colonials and other foreigners don't know the difference between England, Great Britain and the United Kingdom. I blame their declining education standards.

• Like 1

Americans and Australians are similarly emphasized when it comes to wrongdoing, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Brits and Australians enjoy extracting the urine from one another. Americans don't play cricket, so they don't understand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

How many of them are actually englishmen?

Correct! As one pundit said "The Premier League is probably the best football league in the World, but the trouble is it's full of foreigners!" And I think Chelsea were the first team to play a full squad without an Englishman in it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the list of anti based on a random sample of 1072 posts the winner of the anti award goes to Thai people number one.  No one else even close.  But bringing up a distant 2nd is Chinese people, 3rd - folks from India.  Then comes 4th place Yanks, 5th Brits.  Everyone seems to love Canadians except people from Newfoundland.  

• Haha 2

Actually- I find most of the English I meet quite interesting as well as friendly.   As an American- I enjoy a good conversation with most Nationalities.  Getting a different perspective on things from another's point of view is often enlightening.

As far as the OP- don't take the reporting personal;- it will soon be the turn of us Americans or our brethren the Aussies.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sambum said:

Correct! As one pundit said "The Premier League is probably the best football league in the World, but the trouble is it's full of foreigners!" And I think Chelsea were the first team to play a full squad without an Englishman in it!

Arsenal.

• Like 1