Flights To Europe

Dirk_brijs

Is there some sort nof holidays in Europe??

looking for a ticket to fly to Europe somewhere between March 19th and 26th to return a week later. Doesnt matter where Brussels, Amsterdam or Frankfurt but nothing available??? how can this be??

limited flights or something?

looking for a ticket to fly to Europe somewhere between March 19th and 26th to return a week later. Doesnt matter where Brussels, Amsterdam or Frankfurt but nothing available??? how can this be??

for sure it will not be a big problem to find a seat for ur flight to Europe, but OF COURSE not for the return-leg. Did you ever here of EASTER HOLIDAY ? for example, the easter school holiday in Germany starts on the 24 th of March or 31st of March this year, depending on the state.

to get a seat to Asia during such peak seasons, it is advisable to book 2-3 months in advance....

so, for sure the CHEAP booking classes are full already.

u can still try to book two one-way-fares, in my reservation-system I still see some one-way seats (Frankfurt to BKK) available during that period..... but the prices are not really a bargain (starting around 450 € incl. Tax)

Edited by THAILIBAN

for sure it will not be a big problem to find a seat for ur flight to Europe, but OF COURSE not for the return-leg. Did you ever here of EASTER HOLIDAY ? for example, the easter school holiday in Germany starts on the 24 th of March or 31st of March this year, depending on the state.

to get a seat to Asia during such peak seasons, it is advisable to book 2-3 months in advance....

so, for sure the CHEAP booking classes are full already.

u can still try to book two one-way-fares, in my reservation-system I still see some one-way seats (Frankfurt to BKK) available during that period..... but the prices are not really a bargain (starting around 450 € incl. Tax)

The strange thing is the return flights are not the problem. Flights to Europe are full back to Asia plenty available.

try www.lastminute.com I found out it is the best site last 3 years I have used it from London... all airport included in the same search ...and shows the cost with all taxes included.

Agreed. They have a car hire arm as well www.holidayautos.com. First class for the whole of europe.

try www.lastminute.com I found out it is the best site last 3 years I have used it from London... all airport included in the same search ...and shows the cost with all taxes included.

Agreed. They have a car hire arm as well www.holidayautos.com. First class for the whole of europe.

trying to get from Accra to LOS via Europe start of April looks tight as well.

yes, the holidays make it tough. i always make note of holidays to get a heads-up on flight bottlenecks. got caught trying to fly from Houston to Rio on last weekend of Brazil school hols... nightmare!! 5 weeks later it was to LOS via Narita on the last weekend of Japanese school hols... frantic!! year before trying to get out of Senegal on last weekend of French school hols... upgrade to biz class... sweet!!!

www.sidestep.com searches all yr name-brand online airticket stores + a few others that you may not know about.

If you check with the airlines it is possible that they tell you they are sold out.

It's the travel agents who book all the seats and than try to sell to you.

at any one time, a flight can be up to 60% oversold by the airline. travel agents see the same availability as the online ticket shopper. sometimes an airline will release oversold seats either 24 or 12 hours before departure for bargain-basement or full-fare, depending on their individual policies which encouraged the standby fare shopper. however, with all the added security malarkey these days, i think that market is pretty dead since you can't hang around check-in areas and gates so easily.

Lots of flights available.

Look here

Amadeus

Naka.

That website doesnt look too acurate all flights it posted available are sold out. Checked it myself with respective airliners.

Geez, talk about grateful :D

Ok

Amadeus is used by many travel agents !

I tried the following BKK - AMS return, lowest fare. Out 20/4/07 CI 065, Return 30/4/07 CI066

Amadeus suggested China Airlines at Bt 29,000. with seats available in all classes.

I then went to C.A. website and checked, there were seats available and at the stated price ! :o

Naka.

Edited by naka

Look here

Amadeus

Naka.

That website doesnt look too acurate all flights it posted available are sold out. Checked it myself with respective airliners.

As Naka points out Amadeus is one of the 2 main airline booking systems and is as close to real-time as you will find. I have experienced travel agencies saying flights are 'full' when there is availability. What they meant to say is the cheaper options were gone but seats were available at higher prices which is expected the closer you get to departure dates. Have you tried Etihad and/or Qatar airlines websites? Good luck!!

Look here

Amadeus

Naka.

Geez, talk about grateful :D

Ok

Amadeus is used by many travel agents !

I tried the following BKK - AMS return, lowest fare. Out 20/4/07 CI 065, Return 30/4/07 CI066

Amadeus suggested China Airlines at Bt 29,000. with seats available in all classes.

I then went to C.A. website and checked, there were seats available and at the stated price ! :o

Naka.

Too bad March on my calender is 03/07 and 04/07 supposed to be April right?

April planty flights available just seemed like March something special was going on in Europe??

Plenty of flights available on Amadeus for your dates.

e.g. 24 Mar BKK - KL - FRA / 30 Mar FRA - KL - BKK by Malaysia Airlines.

However the costs are high due to the time of year epecially the Asia to Europe leg.

This flight is Bt 62,000

Naka.

can book you on return-flights on Malaysian or FinnAir to Frankfurt for about 45.000 - 46.000 Baht. Not really a bargain, but as has been mentioned already, its holiday season. if interested, PM me..... but has to be done in Bangkok, either by cash or credit card (which I would have to see and check with my own eyes).

china airlines dep. 26 march return 3 april available 29000 bht.check out their website.