Swede who ran multi-million dollar Bitcoin scam arrested on Koh Chang

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, Myran said:

Let's hope he gets the full 40 years then and never sees the light of day again.

You sound a lot like one of those ever so clever "investors" who actually believed that they could make $ 45,000 off a $ 98 investment/bet. Why the bitterness? Did he pull the wool over your eyes? 

Although I don't support such schemes or conartists, I have absolutely  zero pity for the fools who hand over their money to the likes of this fellow. 

A fool and his money are easily parted. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, djayz said:

You sound a lot like one of those ever so clever "investors" who actually believed that they could make $ 45,000 off a $ 98 investment/bet. Why the bitterness? Did he pull the wool over your eyes? 

Although I don't support such schemes or conartists, I have absolutely  zero pity for the fools who hand over their money to the likes of this fellow. 

A fool and his money are easily parted. 

I'm one of those people who think criminals who steal from others should get severe punishments. It's as simple as that. Sorry if I ruined your little fantasy about me.

3 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Where he'll enjoy himself there. Be a real popular guy. Time to himself, the self catering, open shower rooms and friendly company at the break a rock foundation. Mmm, mmm Swede on the menu tonight. My, my what great times lie ahead for you, sweet cheeks.

57 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Ouch!...almost feel sorry for the cheat...who will have to play girlie-girlie with some hard core- steroid pumped- bald - tatooed - bodybuilt gang leader,  serving life in a US Federal Facility.... and assuming that those life serving criminals in US jails, may have an aversion in the use of a condom....ouch!...ouch!...best of luck fella !!!

Are you 2 speaking from experience --- or do you just have fantasy's about this sort of thing ?...."my what great times lie ahead for you, sweet cheeks."........"will have to play girlie-girlie with some hard core- steroid pumped- bald - tatooed - bodybuilt gang leader".......Wow I don't know about a 16 man Thai prison cell, think I would be worried about being in a two up with either of you .........

I never cease to be amazed at all those smart people who believe they will never be scammed for anything and never have any pity for the victims. But this is Thailand of course where the boiler room boys' motto is 'If they're that dumb they deserve to be scammed.' Tells you a lot about the people and the people making comments here.  The victims are clearly not expert investors with loads of cash, much more probably people who have invested their pensions because the banks are offering only 1-2 per cent and legal moneylenders in the west are charging up to 1500% p.a. 

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I wonder if that real estate will be sold off at fire sale prices

to certain people,to try and recoup a few dollars for the losers.

regards worgeodie

The real estate will be sold and his Thai wife will laugh with her Thai relatives.  

Yep goodbye scumbag!

one would think if a person had 11 dollars he’d live in a place where Interpol couldn’t get to him, change passports, and construct a way to crush his trail.

Koh Chang is a dump of a place why the hell would you go there.

got to be one of the worst islands in the whole of Thailand!!!

I imagine a few well placed bribes in Vietnam (no western law there just communist and very bribable) for example would have seen him with a palace of a place and immunity forever.

13 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Yep goodbye scumbag!

one would think if a person had 11 dollars he’d live in a place where Interpol couldn’t get to him, change passports, and construct a way to crush his trail.

Koh Chang is a dump of a place why the hell would you go there.

got to be one of the worst islands in the whole of Thailand!!!

I imagine a few well placed bribes in Vietnam (no western law there just communist and very bribable) for example would have seen him with a palace of a place and immunity forever.

Plenty of countries in south America. BTW< you can't do that with 11 dollars. He must have lost his mind, or never had one. 

15 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

If he had 11 million Dollars, one has to ask why he would live in Thailand?  Cypress comes to mind as a better place, no extradition.

Your right but I guess cheap available pie might have proved too attractive than your more sound advice. I’m really happy they nabbed him at least the investors will feel a little better now that even though they have probably lost all they invested at least he will be behind bars and not longer enjoying his Ill gotten gains! At 45 years old he looks more like 58 and prisons gonna accelerate that process even quicker...if he gets 40 years it’s unlikely he will die a free man.

15 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

If he had 11 million Dollars, one has to ask why he would live in Thailand?  Cypress comes to mind as a better place, no extradition.

Try to use some deductive reasoning before commenting. Or at least read the article. Clue: It does say his wife is Thai. 

1 minute ago, Time Traveller said:

Try to use your brain before commenting. Clue: It does say his wife is Thai.

How many Thai women live in other countries? That can't be the reason, he just thought he can't get caught. Never underestimate others.

15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

USA the World police....there must have been some

that lost money there.

regards worgeordie

What exactly are you saying? That it should be ok to defraud people and launder the money in other countries? Why should he not be held to account for verty high level crimes like this?

A lot of comments from the peanut gallery today.

22 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

What exactly are you saying? That it should be ok to defraud people and launder the money in other countries? Why should he not be held to account for verty high level crimes like this?

A lot of comments from the peanut gallery today.

Nowhere did I say it was OK to defraud anyone,i was replying

to Forethat post 5, as to why a Swede is to be deported to

the USA, you need to stop eating peanuts and read the full

report before making comments like that.

regards worgeordie

15 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Obviously fake news. Everyone knows that Crypto investments only go up and cant possibly lose you money.

Not everybody knows this and it is not true. Though I buy and hold Bitcoin, in no way you can say you cannot lose money. If you're in for the short term, like he did, he probably would have lost a lot of money if his investors started in december 2017: from 20.000 to a mere 3500 a few month ago. Those who depend on it, having to convert it for their business in fiat money, might lose a lot.

Only if you just buy and keep, you will gain in the end. You might play with your bitcoin in order to get a quick gain, but the risk of losing it is still around the corner. By just holding it long enough, you are bound to have a profit.

41 minutes ago, Thaijack2014 said:
  15 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Obviously fake news. Everyone knows that Crypto investments only go up and cant possibly lose you money.

41 minutes ago, Thaijack2014 said:

Not everybody knows this and it is not true. Though I buy and hold Bitcoin, in no way you can say you cannot lose money.

Ever heard of sarcasm?

15 hours ago, SammyT said:

Hate to break it to you, but not everyone choose to live in Thailand simply because it's the only place they can afford

Let's see if the Swede agrees he made the right decision, if I was him then I would live somewhere with no extradition, now he would be free instead of spending the rest of his life in prison 

17 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Perhaps he got tired of looking for Cypress in his atlas, and thought that Thailand might be more fun?

1 hour ago, Thaijack2014 said:

Not everybody knows this and it is not true. Though I buy and hold Bitcoin, in no way you can say you cannot lose money. If you're in for the short term, like he did, he probably would have lost a lot of money if his investors started in december 2017: from 20.000 to a mere 3500 a few month ago. Those who depend on it, having to convert it for their business in fiat money, might lose a lot.

Only if you just buy and keep, you will gain in the end. You might play with your bitcoin in order to get a quick gain, but the risk of losing it is still around the corner. By just holding it long enough, you are bound to have a profit.

Or not.

Archived