Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

This is how mad the situation has got in the UK.  We see some positive news about a big Japanese company after months of negative stories from Japan, and remainers just won't acknowledge it. 

You really don't see this as positive? 

Only a leaver would see Dimension Data being closed down and delisted from the LSE as positive.

The boss of Dimension Data becoming the new CEO of NTT would be positive news if he were to employ all the redundant car workers.

4 hours ago, sandyf said:
9 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

This is how mad the situation has got in the UK.  We see some positive news about a big Japanese company after months of negative stories from Japan, and remainers just won't acknowledge it. 

You really don't see this as positive? 

Only a leaver would see Dimension Data being closed down and delisted from the LSE as positive.

The boss of Dimension Data becoming the new CEO of NTT would be positive news if he were to employ all the redundant car workers.

Why would Dimension Data remain separately listed on the exchange after the merger? Do you know how mergers work?

And why are you desperately (unsuccessfully) seeking a negative angle to this positive story? 

6 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Why would Dimension Data remain separately listed on the exchange after the merger? Do you know how mergers work?

And why are you desperately (unsuccessfully) seeking a negative angle to this positive story? 

NTT operates many sites in the UK under different names, mergers invariably mean rationalisation and job losses. London is already the global hub for Dimension Data, calling it the NTT HQ is nothing more than a publicity stunt.

I appreciate you are desperate for anything that may justify the brexit fiasco but you need to keep things in perspective.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

NTT operates many sites in the UK under different names, mergers invariably mean rationalisation and job losses. London is already the global hub for Dimension Data, calling it the NTT HQ is nothing more than a publicity stunt.

I appreciate you are desperate for anything that may justify the brexit fiasco but you need to keep things in perspective.

Whaterever the pros, cons and semantics, it is a welcome relief to read about a positive business decision however it is portrayed - for me, it means that the inexorable Sterling slide, now 38.20 baht quoted at BKK bank, needs good financial news.

While the baht has strengthened, since 2016 Brexit has caused the pound to weaken whichever way you look at it, and I forecast a low of around 35 if Johnson manages to get a deal past parliament without invoking a no-deal and a GE - which, IMO, would see the pound devaluing to 30 baht. 

I blame Cameron and May, equally. Cameron for even having a referendum, and for May invoking Article 50 without any plan, knowledge, or understanding of what leave could mean. Her 'red lines' have caused the largest folly ever undertaken by a Tory government in modern times, and when the next GE comes around, I hope they and Brexit are hung, drawn and quartered. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Whaterever the pros, cons and semantics, it is a welcome relief to read about a positive business decision however it is portrayed - for me, it means that the inexorable Sterling slide, now 38.20 baht quoted at BKK bank, needs good financial news.

There is no dispute in that, but what exactly is the "good news", would that be not losing something to brexit. How exactly is the UK going to benefit, I do not see any more jobs coming to the UK.

More likely as the merger rolls out some of the NTT sites will close and people head for the jobcentre. Mergers normally reduce the overall workforce, not increase it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nontabury said:

he will be quite happy to forgo his salaries and perks, when we finally do leave this so called union.

As I don't understand English Humor, I am not sure how this has to been intrepreted? 

Kind of sarcasm? :  thinking the U.K. will never leave the E.U., so Mr. Farage will continue to get his income. 

Or than no humor or sarcasm at all. 

Even the Conservative backing  Times is now suggesting no deal brexit will be a disaster 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/truth-about-no-deal-brexit-is-dribbling-out-but-it-may-already-be-too-late-95pf02288?shareToken=716681bb94a0b8b2785848659c69264a

Now that even farmers and fishermen have been revealed to be among the biggest losers from a no-deal Brexit, any pretence that there is any economic upside to leaving the EU has surely vanished. It is not clear there is any sector in Britain for whom the upsides of any form of Brexit outweigh the downsides, or in most cases offer any upsides at all. 

Moody’s has warned that it expects Britain to tip into recession if there is a no-deal and that UK debt would be downgraded.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tebee said:

Even the Conservative backing  Times is now suggesting no deal brexit will be a disaster 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/truth-about-no-deal-brexit-is-dribbling-out-but-it-may-already-be-too-late-95pf02288?shareToken=716681bb94a0b8b2785848659c69264a

Now that even farmers and fishermen have been revealed to be among the biggest losers from a no-deal Brexit, any pretence that there is any economic upside to leaving the EU has surely vanished. It is not clear there is any sector in Britain for whom the upsides of any form of Brexit outweigh the downsides, or in most cases offer any upsides at all. 

Moody’s has warned that it expects Britain to tip into recession if there is a no-deal and that UK debt would be downgraded.

Warned..expects..if..

The truth dribbling out of Nixon's mouth is just his biased opinion, which is radiated daily in a similar way through his antisocial media accounts. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Not at all IMO.

I suspect the annoyance amongst the leavers is that any possible 'good' news is barely reported?

Not that it matters.  Only those with crystal balls and the like should make any attempt to predict the future. ????

The 'expert' economists have tried, and failed, for decades.  But of course anyone who prefers their 'crystal ball gazing' will agree with them when they agree with their opinion, despite their conspicuous failure previously.....

Much like polls.....

I think you should read up on reporting bias......no I don't mean th perceived bias of one soide or the other about having their opinionated, I mean the scientifically proven bias against reporting "bad" news........... this has resulted in lesssthat 5% of medical papers eve reporting that there is no benefits to be found in a particular therapy. If you apply this to Brexit you find an almost total absence from the Brexit camp of reports as there are in reality NO "good" reports about Brexit, only bad ones.

2 minutes ago, tebee said:

So the rest of the world tells us brexit is stupid - and you think it's the rest of the world that is wrong.

You sir, are without hope of redemption. If brexit happens you deserve all the merde that will fall on your head from a great height - sadly many others that don't deserve it will also get covered    

..and he/we won’t be bleating like little girls.

I guess you can simply bask in own juices in your beloved EU.

The sooner you bask the better.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, tebee said:

So the rest of the world tells us brexit is stupid - and you think it's the rest of the world that is wrong.

You sir, are without hope of redemption. If brexit happens you deserve all the merde that will fall on your head from a great height - sadly many others that don't deserve it will also get covered    

No. Snowflakes International tell us that Brexit is stupid. 

Brexit is our redemption.  

And no abusive foreign words please...we're British.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Vitriolic rhetoric and a complete absence of facts/proof. Pure denial...it's the Brexiteer's way.

Continual bleating and whining, including vitriolic rhetoric, .......the remoaners way.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Vitriolic rhetoric and a complete absence of facts/proof. Pure denial...it's the Brexiteer's way.

The lack of facts and rhetoric featured in the first post that I replied to in this sub-string (not to you). 

The vitriol (en Francais) featured in the second post I replied to in this sub-string (also not to you). 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 6:54 AM, dick dasterdly said:
On 7/4/2019 at 6:03 AM, 7by7 said:

Being financial news, you would usually only find it in papers like City AM or on the financial pages of the broadsheets.

Indeed, The Financial Times, among many others, reported on this last April!

I do realise, of course, that you Brexiteers like to believe that the MSM in the UK is censoring all news when it comes to Brexit. Those of use who live in the UK know this belief to be the complete and utter pony it is.

"Being financial news, you would usually only find it in papers like City AM or on the financial pages of the broadsheets."

You can seriously post this with a straight face ????!

Yes; for financial news I look to the financial pages. I would not expect to find it amongst the football results!

This piece of news you claim the UK media has been hiding was, as I said, first reported in the UK last April! I have to ask why you Thailand resident Brexiteers have only now discovered it!

It no longer amazes me that you and others living in Thailand claim to know more about what appears in the UK media than those of us who actually live in the UK. That's because it long since became obvious that you all simply ignore all news and other reporting which doesn't suit your agenda. Even those few cronies of yours who do live in the UK are guilty of this.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1