Trump meets with Kim, crosses border into North Korea

webfact

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

The threat of war has lessened since the days when Trump was making little rocket man comments and bragging about his big nuclear button.  However it is no less that it was before Trump took office.

LOL. Jeeezzz Trumps fault again .

Everythings Trumps fault 

I am going to have to bail out of this thread now , I seem to spend all day on here talking about Trump  , its getting to be like my one and only interest on here

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Since NK caused a nuclear explosion/accident on Chinas borders  , China wants nothing more to do with them 

That's why Xi recently paid them a visit. And trades with them. In fact, keeps North Korea's economy functioning.

Making stuff up much?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Since NK caused a nuclear explosion/accident on Chinas borders  , China wants nothing more to do with them 

Well, except for Kim visiting Xi:    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/chinas-xi-heads-for-nkorea-for-state-visit-talks-with-kim/2019/06/19/8191e96a-92fc-11e9-956a-88c291ab5c38_story.html?utm_term=.fffa22ad5ff6

And Xi visiting Kim:   https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/chinas-xi-arrives-in-north-korea-to-hold-talks-with-kim-jong-un-before-g-20-summit/2019/06/20/ccea5d6e-92cc-11e9-956a-88c291ab5c38_story.html?utm_term=.05e97917e18e

And a few other things:  

" There are reported signs that China is loosening its crackdown on illegal trade along its border with North Korea as it engages in an intensifying trade war with the United States, which could make Beijing less enthusiastic about supporting the U.S.-led pressure campaign against the North. "   https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/key-moments-in-relations-between-north-korea-china/2019/06/20/0e97e2f2-93bf-11e9-956a-88c291ab5c38_story.html?utm_term=.7c6539eae431

Where do you get your information regarding North Korea?  I must say you don't come across as very well informed.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It was Kims Dad that made all the agreements last time .

Kim has yet to make and break an agreement .

When the previous deals were made , NK has the backing of China , Russia and various other nations .

These days . NK is pretty much isolated and cannot rely on China for support if it went to war with the USA .

The   

Not true.

Kim Jong Un came to power in late 2011 and in February 2012 the United States and North Korea met in Beijing with the two countries announcing in separate statements an agreement by North Korea to suspend operations at its Yongbyon uranium enrichment plant, to invite IAEA inspectors to monitor the suspension, and implement moratoriums on nuclear and long-range missile tests.  The United States says that it would provide North Korea 240,000 metric tons of food aid under strict monitoring. However less than a month later North Korea announces it will launch a satellite in mid-April. The US says this violates the agreement and by April the US officially halts its plans to send food aid to North Korea. NK then embark on a series of tests and trials to get itself IBM capabilities.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

LOL. Jeeezzz Trumps fault again .

Everythings Trumps fault 

I am going to have to bail out of this thread now , I seem to spend all day on here talking about Trump  , its getting to be like my one and only interest on here

I think you are bailing out because every ill-informed post regarding North Korea you make is quickly being shown to be nonsense. 

For example:  Do you think Trump's "little rocket man" comments and bragging about how big his "nuclear button" was somehow lessened the risk of war?

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Not true.

Kim Jong Un came to power in late 2011 and in February 2012 the United States and North Korea met in Beijing with the two countries announcing in separate statements an agreement by North Korea to suspend operations at its Yongbyon uranium enrichment plant, to invite IAEA inspectors to monitor the suspension, and implement moratoriums on nuclear and long-range missile tests.  The United States says that it would provide North Korea 240,000 metric tons of food aid under strict monitoring. However less than a month later North Korea announces it will launch a satellite in mid-April. The US says this violates the agreement and by April the US officially halts its plans to send food aid to North Korea. NK then embark on a series of tests and trials to get itself IBM capabilities.

Although that was a misunderstanding , NK launched a weather satellite  and they believed that it didnt breach the agreement .

So, that was a misunderstanding , rather than a deliberate breach of an agreement 

So

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Don't do that...they will think their superior arguments and irreproachable

moral stance have won the day. Don't reply to every piece of nonsense they post.

That's what they want, they're bored, retired codgers holed up in Isaan who think

they know everything. Come in once in a while, hand them a slap down and go off and

enjoy your day. Anyone who ends a question with 'much'  is not someone you want to be

engaging with regularly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although that was a misunderstanding , NK launched a weather satellite  and they believed that it didnt breach the agreement .

So, that was a misunderstanding , rather than a deliberate breach of an agreement 

"North Korea last fired a long-range rocket in 2012 to put, what it said was, a communications satellite into orbit. But experts say no signal has ever been detected. UN Security Council resolutions ban the state from carrying out any nuclear or ballistic missile tests."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35515207

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

"North Korea last fired a long-range rocket in 2012 to put, what it said was, a communications satellite into orbit. But experts say no signal has ever been detected. UN Security Council resolutions ban the state from carrying out any nuclear or ballistic missile tests."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35515207

You posted a link from a 2016 rocket launch with one sentence referring to the 2012 rocket launch .

(Which is what we were talking about )

Surely you web searching abilities are better than that and you can fine more than one sentence on the subject . a whole news report even ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

So why don't you guys come up with some facts and figures once and a while to back up you illogical hero worship? That's what we do. Facts and figures not just blind hero worship.

Oh and 45 years old, I live in Bangkok and run a large and highly successful business. 

And although i don't know everything, it seems I know a lot more than you.

He was talking to me , he wasnt talking to you .

He was talking about you, he wasnt talking to you ,

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/1/2019 at 6:09 PM, sanemax said:

Working towards denunclearistaion is an agreement to work towards denuclearisation .

NK did agree to work towards denuclearizeation which is the same as what Trump said  

How long has it been since Japan stopped looking up to the sky! Not knowing if their number one nemesis through out the years would pay a nuke visit, Mr. Trump  sure has eased tensions .  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

It was Kims Dad that made all the agreements last time .

Kim has yet to make and break an agreement .

When the previous deals were made , NK has the backing of China , Russia and various other nations .

These days . NK is pretty much isolated and cannot rely on China for support if it went to war with the USA .

The   

Can't rely on China, has to be as a result of Mr. Trumps diplomacy with China and Kim! 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Thats what a pm is for. But he posted on a public forum for everyone.

Not a very sane thing for Max to say.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sanemax said:

So a guy standing at the bar insulting you to his friend and you don't say anything? 

He was talking to you about us in a public forum. I have every right to reply when someone disparages me with '.....bored, retired codgers holed up in Isaan who think they know everything.'

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

So why don't you guys come up with some facts and figures once and a while to back up you illogical hero worship? That's what we do. Facts and figures not just blind hero worship.

Oh and 45 years old, I live in Bangkok and run a large and highly successful business. 

And although i don't know everything, it seems I know a lot more than you.

I think the huge blunder you and your anti trump brigade make is equating

trump supporters' characters with the man himself. That is dishonest and

disgusting behaviour. 

Anyone who votes for trump is a rapist, anyone who voted for Rodrigo Duterte is a scum bag, anyone who voted

for Nigel Farrage is a racist.....that is simpleton logic.

You guys have made a career out of bashing not just trump but even those who speak

up for him...and you think no one sees through your daily BS. 

Even people who voted for him think he's a bit of an outsider and an arschloch...that's exactly why they elected him.

Because they think that's what you need to push through the layers of useless politicians who have

accumulated like scabs on the system. I don't need a bloody internet link to know that

he lies from time to time...but it's not 'the earth is flat' kind of a lie. I know he denies climate change

but I get why he is reluctant to commit to any moves that might put a huge strain on American

livelihoods, while other countries don't do their part. We all get it. All politicians 

lie or are adept at spinning truth to suit their agenda. All politicians show favouritism...

look at Kennedy who made his own brother AG. 

I don't give a shit.....as long as Trump is seen earnestly trying to solve some long standing, serious problems, it's

all good. I have no sympathy for undocumented illegals and no problems with their harsh treatment.

Now, continue.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

You posted a link from a 2016 rocket launch with one sentence referring to the 2012 rocket launch .

(Which is what we were talking about )

Surely you web searching abilities are better than that and you can fine more than one sentence on the subject . a whole news report even ?

And you have posted no links at all.  All you've provided is your inaccurate recollection of events and naive conclusions.

6 hours ago, riclag said:

How long has it been since Japan stopped looking up to the sky! Not knowing if their number one nemesis through out the years would pay a nuke visit, Mr. Trump  sure has eased tensions .  

Not since Kim announced that North Korea had completed its nuclear force and had weapons and delivery systems capable of hitting all of the mainland US.

Are you giving Trump credit for that?

6 hours ago, riclag said:

Can't rely on China, has to be as a result of Mr. Trumps diplomacy with China and Kim! 

So we and our allies in the region are screwed.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

Not since Kim announced that North Korea had completed its nuclear force and had weapons and delivery systems capable of hitting all of the mainland US.

Are you giving Trump credit for that?

So we and our allies in the region are screwed.

I have no idea what your talking about ?Everybody knows the threat was aimed at Japan and the USA.  I said ,No more ICBM flying over Japan. The Japanese can live without fear.Mr. Trumps diplomacy with Kim and XI,has done more for detente then all the past POTUS combine

Edited by riclag

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

I'll attempt to explain it again.  Kim finished all his required bomb and missile testing in late 2017.  He announced on New Year's day 2018 that North Korea had a capable nuclear arsenal and the means to deliver these weapons to all parts of the US.  Of course he stopped flying test missiles after that, tests are expensive and he had accomplished what he wanted.

Trump and Kim didn't start exchanging love letters and meeting until March 2018.  So Trump's "diplomacy" had nothing to do with the end of "ICBM flying over Japan".

BTW:  The threat was also aimed at South Korea.  Kim also explicitly threatened Guam.

At some point South Korea can defend itself. As far as Guam goes Kim knows what's up.

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Yes, both South Korea, Japan and Taiwan can defend themselves without US help if they acquire nuclear weapons.  That would make the region and entire world more dangerous.  That's why it is US policy to prevent nuclear weapons proliferation, in part by making defense alliances with friendly nations.

All of these issues have been well thought through and have a long history of refinement as needs arise.  Unfortunately Trump doesn't understand this, or the risks he is taking by rocking the nuclear boat.

Japan can assemble a nuke in fifteen minutes. They aren't technologically stunted. They probably have it already anyway.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Confused 1