Disasterous day at CW

8 minutes ago, cassde said:

I also forgot to mention that Section B required a copy of the Chanote documents, fortunately I had taken them with me, so no problem, other than to get copies made. (I am a joint owner with my Thai wife).

That was not required when my step-son reported last month - just the blue book with him and my wife listed.

18 minutes ago, cassde said:

Hi Lopburi3, I had a yellow book and copies but the IO did not want them, just copies of the Chanote. Maybe dependent on the wishes of the IO.

Might be a yellow/blue book issue then - perhaps would not have required if wife had done the report with her blue book.

On 7/1/2019 at 9:32 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, you sound like a very organized guy and yet this situation occurs. I hope it sorts out for you. Reading the OP and the helpful replies above makes me wonder how the average punter deals with all this. 

So many threads re how to show income is from overseas etc. Bloody mine field.

Just deposit 800000B in your own countries money equal to the sum in a good interest foreign currency acc. Then you don't have to show anything else. The Bank will give a statement showing  foreign money and its Baht equivalent.

Just deposit 800000B in your own countries money equal to the sum in a good interest foreign currency acc. Then you don't have to show anything else. The Bank will give a statement showing  foreign money and its Baht equivalent.
but not covered for compensation if the bank goes bust

37 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Did you read the OP. He is using income method. Must suit him.

I use money in bank and now, since new changes have FD a/c 800k and intend to leave it there ongoing. That's not related to the op..

BTW members should check if their imm office will accept foreign currency ac. Read somewhere that some are not.  

This is what I received from Transferwise a few minutes ago - 'Thank you for getting in touch with TransferWise.

What TransferWise does is, split one international transfer into two local transfers.

We receive your GBP into our account in the UK, we then convert the money for you and we send out the THB using our bank account in Thailand.

We have never sent the money internationally - rather, it is the bank in Thailand that marks the transfer as international or not. This largely depends on the bank that was used to send out the money and whether they can accommodate the request to have the transfer marked as International.

Since your account is located in Bangkok Bank, you can request for Confirmation Letter of International Funds Transfer. 

You will need to reach out to Bangkok Bank branch where the recipient account is maintained, request for the 
Confirmation Letter of International Funds Transfer and provide the following documents: 

1) Bangkok Bank Savings Passbook or Statement showing the specific transaction
2) Passport of Recipient

There is an administration fee of 100 THB to produce this official document which will be payable to Bangkok Bank from the recipient directly.

I will follow their advice and seek the Letter they suggest for my Bangkok Bank deposit dated 2 July. I will update in due course.

This is what I received from Transferwise a few minutes ago - 'Thank you for getting in touch with TransferWise.

What TransferWise does is, split one international transfer into two local transfers.

We receive your GBP into our account in the UK, we then convert the money for you and we send out the THB using our bank account in Thailand.

We have never sent the money internationally - rather, it is the bank in Thailand that marks the transfer as international or not. This largely depends on the bank that was used to send out the money and whether they can accommodate the request to have the transfer marked as International.

Since your account is located in Bangkok Bank, you can request for Confirmation Letter of International Funds Transfer. 

You will need to reach out to Bangkok Bank branch where the recipient account is maintained, request for the 
Confirmation Letter of International Funds Transfer and provide the following documents: 

1) Bangkok Bank Savings Passbook or Statement showing the specific transaction
2) Passport of Recipient

There is an administration fee of 100 THB to produce this official document which will be payable to Bangkok Bank from the recipient directly.

I will follow their advice and seek the Letter they suggest for my Bangkok Bank deposit dated 2 July. I will update in due course.
Old news. Hopefully for you its classed as Intl but may not be, depends on which local partner they use

Well, after having heard about the Chaeng Wattana assault course, I am glad I live in Udon Thani! No TM30 nonsense and usually you are seen by an officer within an hour ( if you are good at timing it, usually under 5 minutes!). And only slightly corrupt …. Hope they stay so relaxed.

Also after the end of Embassy letters I decided to change to money in the bank because -

a) you have to make a qualifying transfer every month, even if you are out of the country;

b) Ensuring the money will be marked as a foreign transfer could be problematical if you use a transfer service;

c) The cost of doing monthly transfers is higher than my current means

So I just borrowed the money in the UK at a ball breaking 3% Per Annum (I was getting the same rate of interest on some of my savings at the time) and just bring in the money I NEED, when I want. Guess I am lucky to be in Udon and be able to borrow in the UK.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:32 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, you sound like a very organized guy and yet this situation occurs. I hope it sorts out for you. Reading the OP and the helpful replies above makes me wonder how the average punter deals with all this. 

So many threads re how to show income is from overseas etc. Bloody mine field.

My sentiments that same with DrJack54.  Why keep trying so hard to stay here?  Is there not any other place on earth that is more compatible with your needs, and has a more civilized and intelligent immigration processes than the one in Thailand.  Immigration WILL only become more challenging.  I am no longer surprised to read posts such as yours because of the extreme frequency of such experiences by so many.  Good luck if decide to keep on.