Re-Entry at Bangkok Airport Update Please

Hi,

As I am flying out of Suvarnabhumi airport next week, I am a little confused about where the re-entry visa counter is. Over various posts it seems to have moved a lot.

Some say it is in immigration zone 2, some say on the left, others on the right.

Could someone, who has obtained a re-entry permit recently please advise. As I have never done this at the airport before. I assume I check-in first, then go to the passport control (left or right?) before I hand over my passport I assume there is a counter that says re-entry? 

How long has the wait been recently?

If you give all the documents (photocopies, completed application, photo) do they still charge the 200b admin fee?

Thanks, the less stress when flying to better, but I really do not want to do this at Chang Wattana and waste a day.

Many thanks for any help

JJ

Zone 2, passport control far left wall facing in, well marked.  Don't bother with photo, you aren't given a choice.  The application is autofilled with the photo they take incorporated into the document. B200 fee charged in addition to RE fee. Open 24/7

32 minutes ago, dddave said:

Zone 2, passport control far left wall facing in, well marked.  Don't bother with photo, you aren't given a choice.  The application is autofilled with the photo they take incorporated into the document. B200 fee charged in addition to RE fee. Open 24/7

Dave can you confirm that the option of bringing along your filled in form with photo and required docs is no longer an option.

Edited by DrJack54

34 minutes ago, essox essox said:

and one gets fast tracked through passport control....well I did when I used that office......

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Dave can you confirm that the option of bringing along your filled in form with photo and required docs is no longer an option.

Did it last month with filled form and photo. Paid 1000bht . just take 10 Minutes

Edited by vlaming
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, dddave said:

Don't bother with photo, you aren't given a choice

Two months ago I used my own pre-completed TM8 and photo and just paid 1000 baht - I haven't heard anything about them refusing this. 

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
18 hours ago, vlaming said:
Did it last month with filled form and photo. Paid 1000bht . just take 10 Minutes

At the airport? so not the 1,000 + 200 baht?

At the airport the extra 200 is only required when they supply a photo and fill the paperwork in for you, well it should be. 

Update. Here and through everything. 

1. Checked back into KLM baggage drop. 

2. Saw big yellow circle with number zone  2 on the departures with sign saying re-entry. 

3. Went through security and down the escalator to passport control saw big yellow re-entry sign pointing to the right of passport control. 

4. Went to the counter gave my boarding pass, documents and photo.  Told to walk to the end and give everything to the officer at the end, hiding in a cupboard on the left. 

5. As I had prepared everything I gave her the form and 1000 baht. 

6. Told to sit down for 10 minutes and it was only ten minutes... 

7. Collected stamp and rejoined the queue for passport control. 

Really really easy. There is no way I am doing this at Chang Wattana again. Very efficient and everything perfect

Thanks for the advice guys. 

• Like 1