Could your Thai- GF live with that?

swissie

Some relationships, as the one the OP is describing, should be viewed as nothing more than business arrangements and of a convenient to both sides, as such, a business like agreement should be inked as what you part in this as well as hers, what are you willing to give/pay/support in monetary and other assistance terms of in return for what on her part, this way there's no misunderstanding and ambiguities in the future... 

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 3:48 AM, Lacessit said:

I have explained to my Thai GF if we were to get married, my Centrelink pension would drop by $200 a fortnight. Yes, I know if Centrelink does not know I am married, they would not cut my pension; however, I prefer to stay legal.

I have also explained to my GF my assets in Thailand go to her. My assets in Australia go to my son. There are Thai and Australian wills to that effect.

She is quite happy with that, and wants me to live for as long as possible so the ATM stays open.

Children are not an issue because she is infertile.

I have an American Will with American holdings going to my two Sons. My approach here in Thailand has always been that what finances I bring to Thailand will remain in Thailand. Like “swissie” I have a Thai Will which will leave all Thailand holdings to the Thai girl taking care of me at the end. The marriage certificate has come up and after consideration, I said I could do this with an attached pre-nup. As we have currently been together of just over two years, I plan on a bit more “seasoning” of the relationship first. Having the right, traditional Thai girl is wonderful in Thailand. Having the wrong girl anywhere ... as many of us have experienced is hell.... There is no continuation of any finances after my death.

Edited by wwest5829
  • Like 1

As other posters have said if you tell her that she is in your will you can probably guarantee that someday soon they'll be an "accident" in the moobahn and you will experience 'bad fortune'.  No there won't be any sort of real investigation, people cut off their own heads and drag them 60 meters to a nearby recycle bin all the time.  Falangs are good at this - we've all seen it with chickens after all right?  

The information you need to feed your girl is that while your *alive* she gets xxx baht per month plus in weaker moments, extra compensation for the sudden and unexpected water buffalo emergencies that always plague Isaan.  That's it.  While you're alive you're valuable if dead nothing... the money stops.  This and only this keeps you alive and your organs off the black market.  All the stuff about marital relations or what not is bollux anyway as she'll be keeping at least one Thai boyfriend on the side.  She won't care about not sleeping with you so don't worry about that.  

• Sad 3

Contacts, agreements.....

comfort for a man who considers he may not work hard enough to keep his wife interested and happy, or his selection process has previously shown considerable painful failure, or maybe he considers his own financial worth more important than a lifelong partnership

'mai pen rai, Up to you' as the Thai say, and on this occasion I feel they are correct

On 7/7/2019 at 7:18 AM, ivor bigun said:

My wife and i married because we loved each other,so many losers on here think marrying a Thai woman is some sort of business arrangement,i feel so sorry for them as their lives must be so empty.
By the way we have been married over 20 yrs,and were together before that.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

me too, married 22 years now. assets in Thailand go to my wife as sole beneficiary, assets in the UK are divided between the kids, who all live there, wife gets half of my pension until she dies. everyone happy and if they are not, tough, that's the deal 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2019 at 10:18 AM, ivor bigun said:

My wife and i married because we loved each other,so many losers on here think marrying a Thai woman is some sort of business arrangement,i feel so sorry for them as their lives must be so empty.
By the way we have been married over 20 yrs,and were together before that.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

there are always the odd exceptions, good luck to you..

personally, i think those that have the need to get married, are 'losers'...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Why on earth would she not go for it...I'd be up for that myself if she isn't ?

PS, only read half way down so hope I'm not signing up for funny stuff.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, enjoy the funny stuff !!

3 hours ago, murraynz said:

there are always the odd exceptions, good luck to you..

personally, i think those that have the need to get married, are 'losers'...

Totally agree ! I could have been married 100 times because I shagged more beautiful and educated women than anybody could dream of. But why ? If you don't need them for visa or business purpose, what any other reason can you find to marry them ?! I will get a nurse when I will be old enough and will need one to change my diapers...

Edited by myjawe
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1