VIDEO: Inside the 50 million baht family home of Thailand based YouTuber My Mate Nate

webfact

VIDEO: Inside the 50 million baht family home of Thailand based YouTuber My Mate Nate

8.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Thailand based American YouTube star My Mate Nate has given fans a tour of his family’s stunning home in California.

My Mate Nate, real name Nathan Bartling, featured the spectacular property in a Facebook video posted in June.

In a video, which has now been viewed more than 1.5 million times, Bartling revealed the sprawling home took his father three years to build and is estimated to be worth between 50-60 million baht.

Bartling first came to Thailand as a volunteer English teacher after spending time in Laos.

A fluent Thai speaker he built a successful YouTube channel which today has millions of subscribers.   

However, in 2017 Bartling hit the headlines when he was arrested for railway obstruction, trespassing and damaging railway property after filming himself resting coins on railway tracks so they could be flattened. 

Bartling later apologised and promised to change his ways. 

He had also been criticised for posting a video of a cat fighting a scorpion and mocking Thai people’s English speaking ability in a video intended to humiliate those who featured in the clip. 

He was also the subject of a petition by Thai people who called for his visa to be revoked.

In 2016, Coconuts Bangkok labelled Bartling ‘the most hated farang’.

Since getting in trouble with the authorities Thailand, Bartling has used his huge social media reach (7.5 million subscribers on YouTube, 1.2 million followers on Facebook and 335k followers on Instagram) to publicise more worthy causes.

Earlier this year he posted a video where he said he helped reunite a homeless man with his family who he had not seen for 10 years.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-09

m1.jpg

7.jpg

14.jpg

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, petermik said:

how do you know what size it is..........:whistling:

By his disgusting behavior !

I would say he managed to bring more shame to the farang community here then all the western petty criminals we had this year combined..

Edited by LongTang
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Lot of jealousy coming out here.  Guy is a turkey - but wish I could speak Thai as well as he and like the home.  I'd move back there in a NY minute.  

Regarding the language, learning Thai is much fun and not that difficult, especially if you leave the tones to a later stage.

No reason to be jealous of him regarding that..

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I absolutely despise american architecture.

These MCMansions are absolutely disgusting.

Here's a whole website making fun of this crap https://mcmansionhell.com/

Scandinavian, Bauhaus and modern Thai architecture are more my thing...money can't buy taste i guess. 

Something like this is way nicer: https://www.contemporist.com/a-house-designed-for-a-swiss-family-living-in-thailand/

There are some unique houses in Thailand too - https://www.ddproperty.com/en/property/beautiful-roman-style-villa-for-sale-for-sale-2915003

11 minutes ago, LongTang said:

Regarding the language, learning Thai is much fun and not that difficult, especially if you leave the tones to a later stage.

No reason to be jealous of him regarding that..

I wish I could speak Thai as well as him.  I speak English at home because it helps my wife in her job (Samsung).  So, I spoke better Thai before I was married.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Didn't read any of it, just looked at the pics.

My kitchen leaves his for dead , and it cost a faction of his ... He is a drop kick..

1 hour ago, LongTang said:

If this spoiled brat is already showing off is wealth, Then How about donating a couple of mil's to an orphanage here??

So disgusting, It seems the piss(wealth) really went to his head...

It's not his house and maybe the family have donated to good causes.  How about you donating something as you're so quick to demand charity from others?

You may not like him but how is he a "spoiled brat"?

Maybe the "wealth" has gone to your head... 

• Sad 1