Fight with Apartment staff at Bangkok/Pharam 9

I want to tell you about the event that made me crazy today.I was staying at an apartment near Pharam 9 Mrt station,I was planning to stay there for about a week and paying daily 450 baht.On the third day,today,I went to somewhere early in the morning and came back to the apartment at like 15.00pm afternoon.When I went to the my room ,I saw a huge lock on my door and didnt understand why it was locked and went to the reception to pay the money for today.When I went to the reception,the staff did not accept my payment and showed the watch on his arm.Then he said ok and told me wait for a few minutes.I thought they would come and open the lock and started to wait him.After 10 minutes,he came with a lady staff and told me I didnot follow the rules as I did not pay until 12.00 pm today and took my luggage and bag from a place that belongings kept and gave to me,and said I could not stay in this apartment anymore and should go away.

I could not believe what he was saying as it was so ridicilous.I got too angry almost attacked him and kicked my luggage for many times.I stayed there many times when I visited Bkk and still can not understand why they did to me,what the real reason was....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lincoln88 said:

I got too angry almost attacked him and kicked my luggage for many times.

The rules state that payment must be made by 12.00 ….

You were clearly in the wrong.  Why didn't you plan ahead and go see the boss early morning or the night before and pay. Why didn't you just pay 5 days or whatever.

You didn't have plan B in place and you assumed TIT I can circumvent the rules. 

• Like 2

"I could not believe what he was saying as it was so ridicilous.I got too angry almost attacked him and kicked my luggage for many times.I stayed there many times when I visited Bkk and still can not understand why they did to me,what the real reason was...."

Real reason? What´s your problem?

You paid too late, move on... and be careful, watch your back, Thai´s never forget, and payback time will come sooner or later.

Edited by blackcab
Bold font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

are there CCTV cameras all over like most places in Thailand?

don't ever go back there.

450 baht/night and padlocks on the outside of the rooms, it sounds like a back street flop house. I doubt that they've got TVs let alone CCTV.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

Just curious, 

1) Is that a walk in rate or did you book the room through a website ?

2) Were you entertaining overnight guests on a regular basis ?

1-No I did not book from website,walk in rate

2-I dont understand this question.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Normally it's not allowed to rent apartments daily. So if they do that then it's likely illegal.

That is not really my concern but you should keep this in mind.

If you complain or go to the police or whatever then you are possible in legal trouble for doing something illegal.

And the excuse that the landlord also did something illegal will likely not make this any better for you.

So my advice: Keep quiet, walk away, and find a hotel somewhere.

Doing something illegal in Thailand, even if "everybody" is doing it, is often the beginning of BIG trouble. Avoid trouble!

Is it illegal to attack your own luggage? ????

• Like 1

If I were the OP, as it would take a lot more than that to show the locals anger, I would have said sorry and pulled out a 1000bht note and asked to pay for today and tomorrow, with a big smile..☺️

If that didn't work...Walk...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I could not believe what he was saying as it was so ridicilous.I got too angry almost attacked him and kicked my luggage for many times.I stayed there many times when I visited Bkk and still can not understand why they did to me,what the real reason was....

You didn't pay for your room and it was clear for you that you should have paid before or at noon.

You got too angry about your own mistakes sounds brutal. That you almost attacked them is insane.

They work for somebody and follow orders. Now you've made it much better for the next foreigner who wants such a cheap room.

Did you always have guests overnight? 

Maybe the real reason was what you've described?

You seem to be one of these people I'd never want to meet. Is it possible that you've got a mental problem, something you can't handle?

OP, it's not normal that people behave like you do. Why are you trying to make some employees look like they've done something wrong.

It's neither your country, not is it your room. I hope that you understand that.  

If your landlord didnt allow you stay anymore as you paid your rent one day later,would he be so right to do it????

I want to know if you have a heart or not,I think everyone of us are human , can do little mistakes in our daily lives.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lincoln88 said:

If your landlord didnt allow you stay anymore as you paid your rent one day later,would he be so right to do it????

I want to know if you have a heart or not,I think everyone of us are human , can do little mistakes in our daily lives.

Tell that to Erdogan, see if he has any sympathy with you.

14 hours ago, Lincoln88 said:
17 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

Just curious, 

1) Is that a walk in rate or did you book the room through a website ?

1-No I did not book from website,walk in rate

2-I dont understand this question

You don't understand the question?  Seriously?  What are you, like 3 yrs old? 

• Haha 2

What a mystery!

From what I can tell from the OP, he's staying on a daily rate somewhere, everyone knows you need to pay for the room yet he didn't and got annoyed when they locked up the room.

As far as they're aware here's a guy that didn't pay for his room and has gone out.

Whenever I have stayed day to day (been a loooooong time) then the onus is on me to pay the room daily

20 hours ago, glegolo said:

So you being late in payment can not be the real reason then????

glegolo

To the OP yes paying few hours late might sound of no consequence but we are dealing with Thais materialistic at best and money grabbing at normal

Sounds like these righteous Thais were just following their rules..as it suits them.

In hindsight attempting to advise you them you were staying in advance and  that and would be out till mid afternnon when you would  pay would have been correct etiquette

Edited by poohy

I cannot belive any Thai Appartment manager would kick you out like that if they had the chance of collecting extra days of rental income.

So you obviously done something beforehand to rub them up the wrong way.

You could have unknowingly tried to get fresh with someones wife or gf?

Since most problems start with women here, I noticed you dodged the question as to whether youve been taking bargirls back there, so that could be it.

Also they probably spent a lot of time packing up your junk and smelly undies, which they surely wouldnt have enjoyed.

Since you were in the wrong in the first place i really dont get why you would be jumping up and down, kicking luggage and what not.

It didnt occur to you to just be calm, say sorry, and offer the rest of the weeks rent in advance?

No wonder so many farangs end up in trouble, arrested and/or bashed up here.

You guys wouldnt even try to be so belligerent to folks and home.

why do it here?

11 hours ago, Lincoln88 said:

Daily rental, pay a day late -> temper tantrum = off to the curb...
No freebies where I come from - you could've at least let them know, but instead you decided to get violent (at your luggage, but showing aggression).

I'd say grow up, and try to get along ????