India is the answer! Indians flood Walking Street after bad week for Pattaya

rooster59

16 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You can´t remove something that doesn´t exist, or is next to non-existing. That information comes from the local and government authories, and should be considered trustworthy.

Where is it coming from then? Do you mean it must be a real foreigner with a big wallet that contribute to the country´s economy? Where might that one originate from? What kind of countries is it that really inject the most dough?

So in your expert opinion seen many Indians eating anything else but Indian ? 

But on the bright side ladyboys already having meetings who will take which side of the roads to welcome big spenders with 70 000 baht gold chains and 35000 cash in the pockets 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BestB said:

So in your expert opinion seen many Indians eating anything else but Indian ? 

But on the bright side ladyboys already having meetings who will take which side of the roads to welcome big spenders with 70 000 baht gold chains and 35000 cash in the pockets 

Never said I have an expert opinion, but I do have an opinion. The one I have now is that you are totally wrong and only out here with one single purpose, which is to blow life into a myth that has been told and shared by foreigners coming to this country for decades.

Regarding eating habits, I am very sure that there are many indians that also try the Thai cuisine, but they mostly eat the food they are used to. Actually not so very different from the usual western foreigner that visits popular tourist spots in Thailand on their vacation. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Some 200 Indian business folk

...and all of them trying to sell you a suit.  Yes yes come on.

Actually I wouldn't mind if there was more Indian street food, but I don't think that will go over well with the Thai vendors.  Generally speaking, I've found that Indians are not adventurous eaters, they like to stick to familiar foods.  Within a few days of arriving they're gonna be looking a taste of home, those Thai curries will get old fast.  There's some opportunity here. 

Impressive thing about that pic in the OP is the lack of tawdry places that make Walking St what it is.

Edited by bendejo

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Never said I have an expert opinion, but I do have an opinion. The one I have now is that you are totally wrong and only out here with one single purpose, which is to blow life into a myth that has been told and shared by foreigners coming to this country for decades.

Regarding eating habits, I am very sure that there are many indians that also try the Thai cuisine, but they mostly eat the food they are used to. Actually not so very different from the usual western foreigner that visits popular tourist spots in Thailand on their vacation. 

It’s a good thing you sure just do not know ????

They scream from baht busses at the ladies,not a baht between them, Teach these girls s lesson on high bar fines, now they can get 5 for one price, lol, lower caste for sure, before friendly Indians, now LoSo Caste

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

67058026_1087873264737341_4267256592207970304_n.jpg

I must say that if the front and second row of people in this photo are representative of Pattaya's Indian community, they appear to be affable, well-groomed, well-dressed, hard-working, and likeable people, totally undeserving of the constant bashing you read on this forum.

Yes, I think it's pure class when I see them trying to negotiate over a 10 baht bus ride. Not forgetting the cup of coffee they shared between four of them, spilling half the cup in the process leaving an eighth of a cup each. IT'S THE FUTURE!!! By the way, the Thais are known for their ability to listen.....NOT.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

67058026_1087873264737341_4267256592207970304_n.jpg

I must say that if the front and second row of people in this photo are representative of Pattaya's Indian community, they appear to be affable, well-groomed, well-dressed, hard-working, and likeable people, totally undeserving of the constant bashing you read on this forum.

There are good and bad people from every nationality. Indians are no different however the do have a (well earned) reputation for being cheap charlies. If it's net tourist dollar spend the Thais are looking for then Indians aren't their answer.

• Like 2

I was in Tesco, near Jomtien, last night and it was full of Indian looking people. When I was leaving I saw the group leader walking them back to the 5 large tour buses that were waiting for them.  What was surprising was that maybe 1 out of 10 even had a bag in their hand.  A few were  holding water bottles or drinks.  Most had nothing. 

• Like 1