Trump tells Democratic congresswomen to 'go back' to 'fix' countries they came from

webfact

The video diffused in right-wing media was truncated. Here is the full quote:

"Just to be abundantly clear, here is her full, unedited comment, in response to the prompt, "A lot of conservatives, in particular, would say the rise of Islamophobia is a result not of hate, but of fear":
Answer:"I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country and so if fear was the driving force of policies to keep America safe, Americans safe inside of this country, we should be profiling, monitoring, and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men."
https://reason.com/2019/07/25/ilhan-omar-video-fear-white-men/

I wonder is she’s talking about actual numbers or as a percentage of the population.

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, candide said:

The video diffused in right-wing media was truncated. Here is the full quote:

"Just to be abundantly clear, here is her full, unedited comment, in response to the prompt, "A lot of conservatives, in particular, would say the rise of Islamophobia is a result not of hate, but of fear":

Answer:"I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country and so if fear was the driving force of policies to keep America safe, Americans safe inside of this country, we should be profiling, monitoring, and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men."

https://reason.com/2019/07/25/ilhan-omar-video-fear-white-men/

After Googling her comment and coming up against Google's anti-conservative fire-wall, scrolling page after page of liberal sites, I happened to come upon that link, and it was the only link I found with the actual interview.  I wanted the interview - otherwise I would most likely have been accused of miss-quoting Omar, if I simply supplied the quote in writing. 

As I said before, there are many more racists comments made by her, to the point she was forced by both parties to issue an apology. 

57 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I wonder is she’s talking about actual numbers or as a percentage of the population.

Since the context of her interview was about islamic terrorism, was she saying white people commit more islamic terrorist acts? Or was she saying in a country consisting of a majority of white people, white people commit more crime than a fraction of a percentage of Islamists? Or did she simply say all white people were terrorists? 

Since the context is clearly about Islamic terror, she makes no sense. 

Today the rise of ANTIFA and other opponents of free speech, it's not hard to understand where the violence is originating from. Just recently AOC inspired an attack on an ICE facility, much like the guy who gunned down republicans at the baseball field. 

1 hour ago, Guitarzan said:

After Googling her comment and coming up against Google's anti-conservative fire-wall, scrolling page after page of liberal sites, I happened to come upon that link, and it was the only link I found with the actual interview.  I wanted the interview - otherwise I would most likely have been accused of miss-quoting Omar, if I simply supplied the quote in writing. 

As I said before, there are many more racists comments made by her, to the point she was forced by both parties to issue an apology. 

"As I said before, there are many more racists comments made by her"

But once again you don't provide examples and links.

Since the context of her interview was about islamic terrorism, was she saying white people commit more islamic terrorist acts? Or was she saying in a country consisting of a majority of white people, white people commit more crime than a fraction of a percentage of Islamists? Or did she simply say all white people were terrorists? 

Since the context is clearly about Islamic terror, she makes no sense. 

Today the rise of ANTIFA and other opponents of free speech, it's not hard to understand where the violence is originating from. Just recently AOC inspired an attack on an ICE facility, much like the guy who gunned down republicans at the baseball field. 

AOC inspired an attack on an ICE facility?  Can you provide a link proving that? 

Or are you saying that is a reasonable inference, the same way it is reasonable to infer that Trump's comments were racist?

I don't understand. It's very quick on Google to find out that the clip diffused by the right wing (for example by Rubio) is truncated, and to get the unedited version. It took me no more than 5 minutes.

Of course, if you only search in obvious right wing websites, you were very likely to find only the edited version.

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

AOC inspired an attack on an ICE facility?  Can you provide a link proving that? 

She coined the 'concentration camps' term for describing ICE facilities, to much backlash. 

The terrorist used her 'concentration camps' terminology in his manifesto, multiple times. Id post the manifesto but I'm not sure its allowed. 

You really gonna try and deny it or somehow squirm around it? 

On 7/27/2019 at 5:31 AM, Nigel Garvie said:

Yeah a real laugh this one. US which locks up more people than any other "advanced" nation, saying Sweden should focus on it's real crime problem. Attempting to interfere with the judiciary is a crime in most countries. Thus Trump is demanding criminal activity by Sweden to suit himself, no surprise there.

But right on topic the big question is WHY are all these people leaving the Tropical areas for more Northern (Or southern) countries. Quite apart from the fact that we have bombed many out of their homes (to please the Israelis and Saudis among others), the real issue is climate change. The people in the Sahel and central America can no longer grow their crops, or take care of their animals. There is bound to be more immigration, even if we invest in helping these countries to adapt to make life more tolerable. We (USA and UK in particular) have exploited these poor countries for decades, centuries in some cases, maybe it's payback time. 

Maybe Canada and Siberia can take advantage of the warmer climate - who knows.

Cruel, corrupt leadership is driving people to find a better life in their erstwhile colonialists countries.  Eritrea to name one of many. South Africa looks awful.....PS dont ask the Algerians about the 600 thousand jews driven out of the country. 

On 7/27/2019 at 8:43 AM, johnnybangkok said:

Typical GOP/Fox news cherry picking of the actual events. The “people should be more fearful of white men” was in response to a question about terrorism in the US when she (rightly) said that if you are talking about the protection of American citizens then you should be more worried about “white” terrorists as they have caused more terrorism in the US than any other group. 

This is fact, but as usual, the right wingers take 8 words out of context and spin it that’s she’s anti-white. 

Please get out of your echo chamber and try and look at matters more objectively. 

Really, White terrorism? What is that?  Is there a club I can join? Some organization?    Do they scream Jesus is great before they attack?  

I guess some how ive missed all the White people terrorist attacks world wide. Please enlighten us!

24 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

Really, White terrorism? What is that?  Is there a club I can join? Some organization?    Do they scream Jesus is great before they attack?  

I guess some how ive missed all the White people terrorist attacks world wide. Please enlighten us!

Seriously?

Yes there are a number of clubs you can join.

Do you identify with white terrorists?

I guess we get all kinds here.

Far right and very wrong

Why white nationalist terrorism is a global threat

https://www.economist.com/international/2019/03/21/why-white-nationalist-terrorism-is-a-global-threat

https://time.com/3934980/right-wing-extremists-white-terrorism-islamist-jihadi-dangerous/

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Or are you saying that is a reasonable inference, the same way it is reasonable to infer that Trump's comments were racist?

I believe the way people learn is by their own efforts.  Must I supply links for every statement I make? If that's the case then most people on this forum are guilty as charged. 

Google Ilan Omar's apology for anti-seimetic comments. Reason would prevail if she didn't make racist remarks there would be no reason for an apology.... correct?  

The Ice attacker used the same words AOC used, I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist to make the connection. Or feel free not to make the connection if you like. 

In Trumps comments did he mention skin color?  Did Ilan Omar mention skin color? It would be safe to say Trump like many billions of people in the world doesn't think highly of Islam.  That seems to be quite obvious. However, Islamists are made up of many races.  Making a comment directed towards an oppressive religious ideology, is far different than overt racist comments. 

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Seriously?

Yes there are a number of clubs you can join.

Do you identify with white terrorists?

I guess we get all kinds here.

https://www.economist.com/international/2019/03/21/why-white-nationalist-terrorism-is-a-global-threat

https://time.com/3934980/right-wing-extremists-white-terrorism-islamist-jihadi-dangerous/

That's it, one incident of a white guy killing 50 Muslims? What about the Muslim who killed 50 people at the disco in Florida a couple years ago?  This is some kind of organization?  There are isolated incidents absolutely. There are kids here in America who take anti-depresants. 

I Giggled Islamic terror attacks and got this. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

I googled Christian terror attacks and got this. 

https://hillreporter.com/20-examples-of-christian-terrorism-in-modern-times-25537

BTW, no I don't identify with white terrorists, for Christ's sake!

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

2 hours ago, Thainesss said:

She coined the 'concentration camps' term for describing ICE facilities, to much backlash. 

The terrorist used her 'concentration camps' terminology in his manifesto, multiple times. Id post the manifesto but I'm not sure its allowed. 

You really gonna try and deny it or somehow squirm around it? 

She contributed to public awareness of the conditions at the detention facilities, and described them with some hyperbole.  You won't deny the left the right to hyperbole, will you?  In view of the fact that Trump and right-wing pundits use hyperbole with wild abandon.

You neglected to comment on the equivalence of inferring that AOC's comments led to the ICE facility attacks and inferring Trump's "back where they came from" comments being racist.

If you want a better equivalence; I maintain that Trump calling the press "the enemy of the people" gave Saudi Arabia the green light for the murder of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi. 

I believe the way people learn is by their own efforts.  Must I supply links for every statement I make? If that's the case then most people on this forum are guilty as charged. 

Google Ilan Omar's apology for anti-seimetic comments. Reason would prevail if she didn't make racist remarks there would be no reason for an apology.... correct?  

The Ice attacker used the same words AOC used, I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist to make the connection. Or feel free not to make the connection if you like. 

In Trumps comments did he mention skin color?  Did Ilan Omar mention skin color? It would be safe to say Trump like many billions of people in the world doesn't think highly of Islam.  That seems to be quite obvious. However, Islamists are made up of many races.  Making a comment directed towards an oppressive religious ideology, is far different than overt racist comments. 

"I believe the way people learn is by their own efforts."

You clearly aren't learning that accusations without attribution have no credibility and can be libelous.

I will not do your research for you.  I will not find comments that you may or may not have had in mind, only to have you quibble over the context of the comments or insist you had other comments in mind.  When you make an accusation it is your responsibility to defend it.

I addressed the ICE facility attack in the preceding post.  Perhaps you would like to comment on that.  Please don't edit it down to out of context parts the way Thainesss is fond of doing.

Do you maintain that Trump only using "back to where they came from" when commenting on four congresswomen of color, and not in his countless feuds with countless white people, doesn't come across as racist? 

4 hours ago, Guitarzan said:

No you don't have to provide links for every assertion of fact. Just those you're challenged on. Honorable people understand that obligation.

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

Please don't edit it down to out of context parts the way Thainesss is fond of doing.

You are the only person on this entire forum that has ever said anything to me at all about me "editing" their posts to "out of context" parts, so you really need to take a good long look in the mirror as ask yourself if this is the person you really want to be. That guy. 

I do not have to quote your entire wall of text just to reply to you, and I am allowed to quote the parts I'm replying to. 

You clearly aren't learning that accusations without attribution have no credibility and can be libelous.

Haha oh man the irony and hypocrisy here is mind-boggling. 

She contributed to public awareness of the conditions at the detention facilities, and described them with some hyperbole.  You won't deny the left the right to hyperbole, will you?  In view of the fact that Trump and right-wing pundits use hyperbole with wild abandon.

You neglected to comment on the equivalence of inferring that AOC's comments led to the ICE facility attacks and inferring Trump's "back where they came from" comments being racist.

If you want a better equivalence; I maintain that Trump calling the press "the enemy of the people" gave Saudi Arabia the green light for the murder of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi. 

You wanted 'proof' that AOC's rhetoric incited a left-wing terrorist to take a rifle with him on a bombing run against an ICE facility. That proof is literally in the terrorist's manifesto. 

While I agree that both sides of the pundit isle use hyperbole, that does not excuse a CONGRESSWOMAN from doing the same, which resulted in a left-wing terrorist attack that she still to this day has not said a word about. 

And she did not use "some" hyperbole. She went on a literal campaign for 2 weeks defending it and amplifying it saying ICE is running concentration camps. 

Now, you can defend this all you want, but that simply puts you in the political fringe. Thats ok, and I infact love when she does lunatic stuff like this because its nothing more than a gift to the right. 

13 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

You wanted 'proof' that AOC's rhetoric incited a left-wing terrorist to take a rifle with him on a bombing run against an ICE facility. That proof is literally in the terrorist's manifesto. 

While I agree that both sides of the pundit isle use hyperbole, that does not excuse a CONGRESSWOMAN from doing the same, which resulted in a left-wing terrorist attack that she still to this day has not said a word about. 

And she did not use "some" hyperbole. She went on a literal campaign for 2 weeks defending it and amplifying it saying ICE is running concentration camps. 

Now, you can defend this all you want, but that simply puts you in the political fringe. Thats ok, and I infact love when she does lunatic stuff like this because its nothing more than a gift to the right. 

"While I agree that both sides of the pundit isle use hyperbole, that does not excuse a CONGRESSWOMAN from doing the same...."

And yet, no so many issues when the PRESIDENT does so.

15 minutes ago, Morch said:

And yet, no so many issues when the PRESIDENT does so.

Just to be clear, you guys are justifying wholly unpopular AOC's rhetoric because of Trumps rhetoric? 

Not sure how that computes considering the lefty doctrine is one of tolerance and moral superiority. Guess all those morals didn't really exist in the first place. 

44 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

You are the only person on this entire forum that has ever said anything to me at all about me "editing" their posts to "out of context" parts, so you really need to take a good long look in the mirror as ask yourself if this is the person you really want to be. That guy. 

I do not have to quote your entire wall of text just to reply to you, and I am allowed to quote the parts I'm replying to. 

Haha oh man the irony and hypocrisy here is mind-boggling. 

I posted: 

"AOC inspired an attack on an ICE facility?  Can you provide a link proving that? 

Or are you saying that is a reasonable inference, the same way it is reasonable to infer that Trump's comments were racist?"

You chose to ignore the second part, probably because you did not want to acknowledge that you were making the same kind of deductions that people made when they called Trump a racist.  The "irony and hypocrisy" of your omission is "mind-boggling".

I am happy to be the kind of person who calls you out on that kind of nonsense. 

36 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

The fact that OAC, the lunatic that attacked the ICE facility, and a lot of other people use the term concentration camp is proof of nothing. 

As has already been pointed out, Trump is a PRESIDENT, and his use of hyperbole is outrageous.  Of course calling it hyperbole is being polite, many people call his easily discredited claims about "the greatest", "the most", and other superlatives out-right lies.

6 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Just to be clear, you guys are justifying wholly unpopular AOC's rhetoric because of Trumps rhetoric? 

Not sure how that computes considering the lefty doctrine is one of tolerance and moral superiority. Guess all those morals didn't really exist in the first place. 

Just to be clear, you are justifying Trump's rhetoric on the righty doctrine of intolerance and moral inferiority?

I would say nice try, but your attempt at exonerating Trump is laughable:
"So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe... viciously telling the people of the United States... how our government is to be run," Trump said in a series of three comments on Twitter."

At last Trumps proved right.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

The fact that OAC, the lunatic that attacked the ICE facility, and a lot of other people use the term concentration camp is proof of nothing. 

Literally nobody referred to ICE facilities as concentration camps prior to AOC's lunatic self loudly proclaiming it. That is a hilarious whitewash of the facts, but I expect nothing less from our liberal left.

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Just to be clear, you are justifying Trump's rhetoric on the righty doctrine of intolerance and moral inferiority?

Except we don't claim to be intolerant nor morally inferior. 

The left actually does claim to be tolerant, inclusive, and morally superior while defending a set of extremists within their ranks. That is called morally bankrupt hypocrisy. 

And its political gold for the right, so thank you. 

6 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Literally nobody referred to ICE facilities as concentration camps prior to AOC's lunatic self loudly proclaiming it. That is a hilarious whitewash of the facts, but I expect nothing less from our liberal left.

Literally nobody told Congress members of color to go back to where they came from before Trump, yet you claim there is nothing racist about it.  That is a hilarious whitewash of the facts, but I expect nothing less from our in-denial right.

15 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I posted: 

"AOC inspired an attack on an ICE facility?  Can you provide a link proving that? 

Or are you saying that is a reasonable inference, the same way it is reasonable to infer that Trump's comments were racist?"

You chose to ignore the second part, probably because you did not want to acknowledge that you were making the same kind of deductions that people made when they called Trump a racist.  The "irony and hypocrisy" of your omission is "mind-boggling".

I am happy to be the kind of person who calls you out on that kind of nonsense. 

I am ignoring your second part because its nothing more than a deflection than from what you originally asked and that I already answered, twice now. 

You can invoke trump all you want but its doing nothing for you other than making you and your party look like hypocrites. 

4 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Except we don't claim to be intolerant nor morally inferior. 

Glad you admit it.

Also glad you don't have a problem with people editing your posts down to the one sentence they want to address.

Just now, Thainesss said:

I am ignoring your second part because its nothing more than a deflection than from what you originally asked and that I already answered, twice now. 

You can invoke trump all you want but its doing nothing for you other than making you and your party look like hypocrites. 

A deflection?  Read the title of this topic and tell me why bringing up Trump's "go back to where they come from" is a deflection.

Literally nobody told Congress members of color to go back to where they came from before Trump, yet you claim there is nothing racist about it.  That is a hilarious whitewash of the facts, but I expect nothing less from our in-denial right.

Their skin color had absolutely nothing to do with the statement, and you just keep deflecting to Trump. Constantly. Its like your only argument, justifies everything. Trump. Even though the actions of your party extremists go against the dogma of the party as a whole. 

Also glad you don't have a problem with people editing your posts down to the one sentence they want to address.

Couldn't care less. 

Archived