Trump tells Democratic congresswomen to 'go back' to 'fix' countries they came from

webfact

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She said that there is widespread reporting of rape not accusations of rape which implies its factual and proven, in context of a giant meltdown post on Twitter about ICE and why she was voting no on funding. She was using it as a reason not to fund the aid package. 

But you keep carrying that water. 

I wonder why no one on the left seemed to be complaining about all these atrocities several years ago.

I don’t remember any widespread reporting back then either. Where was our unbiased press?

8 hours ago, heybruce said:

Every one of you sources state that Cortez stated there were reports of rape, which is correct.  The text of the articles undercut the headlines of your fake news sources.

I'm sure you can go on, without ever coming up with proof that Cortez accused ICE of rape.

8 hours ago, mogandave said:

No, she accused ICE of being accused of rape.

You don’t think that a little weak Maynard?

40 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Both of those are lies.

And I never said she called them racists.

She didn't accuse ICE of rape, she pointed out that ICE employees had been accused of rape.  What is weak about that?  Is there anything wrong with her pointing that fact out?

Trump never explicitly said racists and fascists are fine people, he simply refrained from clearly condemning the racists and fascists that were clearly in Charlottesville in force and came out with the "some very fine people" comment.  Any other public figure, other than a racist and fascist, would have condemned them.  Why didn't Trump do that?

11 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I wonder why no one on the left seemed to be complaining about all these atrocities several years ago.

I don’t remember any widespread reporting back then either. Where was our unbiased press?

I'm sure an internet search would reveal many complaints and objections at the time.  However that is not the topic here. 

5 hours ago, Thainesss said:

He never insinuated that, and their skin color had nothing to do with trumps statement. You guys and your politicians are using their skin color as a shield to deflect from their extremist rhetoric. 

She said that there is widespread reporting of rape not accusations of rape which implies its factual and proven, in context of a giant meltdown post on Twitter about ICE and why she was voting no on funding. She was using it as a reason not to fund the aid package. 

But you keep carrying that water. 

Right, it's mere coincidence that Trump told four congresswomen of color to go back where they came from and never told white people he had a grievance with to do so.

A report of rape is only an accusation until it is proven.  You are attempting to split hairs, unsuccessfully.

A "giant meltdown post on Twitter"?  You must be talking about Trump.  I don't think he ever posts anything on Twitter that doesn't qualify as a meltdown.

She didn't accuse ICE of rape, she pointed out that ICE employees had been accused of rape.  What is weak about that?  Is there anything wrong with her pointing that fact out?

Trump never explicitly said racists and fascists are fine people, he simply refrained from clearly condemning the racists and fascists that were clearly in Charlottesville in force and came out with the "some very fine people" comment.  Any other public figure, other than a racist and fascist, would have condemned them.  Why didn't Trump do that?

Trump clearly condemned the white suprematists, nazis and antifa , I guess they didn’t play or report that in the news you get, shocking.

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Trump clearly condemned the white suprematists, nazis and antifa , I guess they didn’t play or report that in the news you get, shocking.

Oh, right, two days after the fact he came out with " “Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups,” Trump said. "

Pretty subdued for Trump, almost like it was scripted.  I wonder why it took him so long.

12 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Oh, right, two days after the fact he came out with " “Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups,” Trump said. "

Do you want me to post the transcript of his first comments? I guarantee you they contain condemnation of nazis/white supremacists. 

12 minutes ago, heybruce said:

By editing out the substance of my post and only addressing one sentence, it is clear what you are doing.

Stop trolling. 

Pretty subdued for Trump, almost like it was scripted.  I wonder why it took him so long.

So you’ve switched from never to two days later...

38 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Do you want me to post the transcript of his first comments? I guarantee you they contain condemnation of nazis/white supremacists. 

Stop trolling. 

Yes, post the transcript of his first comments.

Not trolling, calling you out.

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Yes, post the transcript of his first comments.

Not trolling, calling you out.

Ill take that apology and walk-back any time now. And I bolded, underlined, and italicized the important bit for you. 

Trump Didn't Call Neo-Nazis 'Fine People.' Here's Proof.

“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group.  But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.  You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did.  You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/03/21/trump_didnt_call_neo-nazis_fine_people_heres_proof_139815.html

3 hours ago, Thainesss said:

Ill take that apology and walk-back any time now. And I bolded, underlined, and italicized the important bit for you. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/03/21/trump_didnt_call_neo-nazis_fine_people_heres_proof_139815.html

Why can't you see that saying there 'were very fine people on both sides'' is where the problem is?

There wasn't 'very fine people' among the neo-Nazis because...... well they're neo-Nazis, They're walking around with swastika flags, giving Heil Hitler salutes and generally admiring a regime we fought a world war to defeat. 

Trump walked back on this comment (still took 2 days) as I think even he realised he'd gone too far with that little nugget gem but there's been plenty of other examples whether it's referring to 'sh*thole countries' or a judge being biased because 'he's Mexican' to a Muslim travel ban and of course his recent and crowning glory of 'Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came' (3 are born in America, the other is still a US citizen) leading to the 'send her home' chant of the mob at his little get together.

He's the President of the goddamn Unites States. Why can you not see this is unacceptable rhetoric from a man who is supposed to represent ALL Americans regardless of skin color or ethnicity? He has the power to unite but instead chooses to divide, which in turn emboldens white supremacists, enables racists to crawl out from under the rock they've been hiding under for years and directly leads to the 17% increase in hate and race crime under Trump (https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/lawmakers-to-probe-rise-of-hate-crimes-and-white-nationalism-in-u-s) 

Yet you continue to defend him so I can only conclude iIt's either willful ignorance on your behalf or as I suspect, sneaky admiration for Trump because you think these things as well.  

Why can't you see that saying there 'were very fine people on both sides'' is where the problem is?

Why can’t you see he was talking about good people on both sides of the protest?

If he truly meant that everyone on both sides of the issue was good, why was he not attacked for saying ANTIFA was good people?

4 hours ago, Thainesss said:

Yes, after the August 11 and 12 protests in Charlottesville Virginia, Trump, on August 15 became a little (not a lot by Trump standards) clearer on his position on racists and fascists.  Or maybe he was doing a CYA.

Were his first comments really four days later?

11 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Why can’t you see he was talking about good people on both sides of the protest?

If he truly meant that everyone on both sides of the issue was good, why was he not attacked for saying ANTIFA was good people?

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but is it possible, just maybe possible, that the history of racists and fascists doing bad things is better known than the history of ANTIFA? 

You know, racists have done slavery, lynchings, burning churches, etc.  Fascists have WWII and mass genocide going against them.  Has ANTIFA ever crossed the line to that degree?

44 minutes ago, mogandave said:

What? 

How can one side be 'good people' if they are neo-Nazis? Here's a clue. if you want to be considered a good person, don't support a regime that brought untold suffering to the world and is still affiliated with racism, prejudice, genocide and the ideology of  master race.

Simples.

Yes, it is very convenient to edit the post you want to reply to to only three words.

Sorry, I was only commenting on how convenient it was that you had “forgotten” that Trump had condemned white-supremacists and nazis when you claimed he didn’t. To your credit, Joe Biden and virtually everyone in the press claim he didn’t as well. I’m sure they all forgot as well.

I didn’t see that your qualifying his condemnation as taking too long, and claiming it was not as heartfelt as it should have been as being pertinent to how convenient it was for you to have forgotten about it.

I admit, Trump is not much of an orator.

I’m guessing it didn’t occur to him that people would think he was talking about how great white supremacists and nazis are when commenting that there are good people on both sides of the argument about moving a statue.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but is it possible, just maybe possible, that the history of racists and fascists doing bad things is better known than the history of ANTIFA? 

You know, racists have done slavery, lynchings, burning churches, etc.  Fascists have WWII and mass genocide going against them.  Has ANTIFA ever crossed the line to that degree?

Yes, let’s wait until ANTIFA starts killing people to say anything.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Yes, after the August 11 and 12 protests in Charlottesville Virginia, Trump, on August 15 became a little (not a lot by Trump standards) clearer on his position on racists and fascists.  Or maybe he was doing a CYA.

Were his first comments really four days later?

So you were wrong. Is this your apology?

7 hours ago, mogandave said:

The press was doing what they are doing now, reporting. That you don't remember has no relation at all with what was happening, and says a lot about your perception.

29 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Sorry, I was only commenting on how convenient it was that you had “forgotten” that Trump had condemned white-supremacists and nazis when you claimed he didn’t. To your credit, Joe Biden and virtually everyone in the press claim he didn’t as well. I’m sure they all forgot as well.

I didn’t see that your qualifying his condemnation as taking too long, and claiming it was not as heartfelt as it should have been as being pertinent to how convenient it was for you to have forgotten about it.

I admit, Trump is not much of an orator.

I’m guessing it didn’t occur to him that people would think he was talking about how great white supremacists and nazis are when commenting that there are good people on both sides of the argument about moving a statue.

So you really think his later words, after his initial refusal to condemn, even stronger, after his initial praise, brought on by everybody's condemnation of his position, has any value at all?

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

There wasn't 'very fine people' among the neo-Nazis because...... well they're neo-Nazis, They're walking around with swastika flags, giving Heil Hitler salutes and generally admiring a regime we fought a world war to defeat. 

You know there were other people there too right? Bystanders, people not affiliated with Unite the Right, Antifa, people protesting the removal of the statue but with no affiliation to Unite the Right. 

Archived