"Suvarnabhumi is hell" screams Thailand's most famous English teacher

webfact

15 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

Ten years ago I first started coming here as a tourist now I’ve been living here for the last 5 years by the way. Go see what it’s like everywhere else instead of pushing your conspiracy theories on an Internet forum. I have been living here as well for years and I’ve been all over the rest of the world as well. I also deal with immigration every year and every 90 days for only a few minutes when I do my 90 day report.

I'm sure we are all very impressed with your travel adventures, and happy you manage to sail through immigration procedures. But this is a thread about people who do not live your charmed life, the experiences of dozens of posters and even photos of the long queues. Now go on, tell us everyone has imagined standing for an hour or more, past the signs that tell you your waiting time is 45 minutes, 30 minutes etc, and the photos are photoshopped.

No-one has written that Thailand is unique in its delays. In fact, I'll admit that I stopped going to your once-wonderful country some years ago, by the way, in large part due to the shambles I found when I arrived at LAX on my last two visits, waiting up to two hours because the IT wasn't working, 40 minutes for an airbridge to deplane after we arrived right on time, and having an x-ray security machine not being able to tell the difference between explosives and the silver paper on a pack of mints in my pocket.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Thai and Eva leave LHR around 21:30 for BKK arriving around 15:00. So just with those 2 flights it's probably around 600+ people being disgourged into Swampy at the same time. Probably flights from CDG, AMS, & Frankfurt also.

As someone else pointed out, if you arrive between 12:00 -14:00 the Thais have their lunch break. Probably not enough IO's to rotate and keep all the desks open.

Correct, mine was from Frankfurt

19 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Minister for Tourism, Head of Immigration, AOT, TAT, even the PM in disguise, turn up unannounced and view the actual situation in the arrivals hall of Swampy.

Their ego would not allow for them to go anywhere without a swarm of white uniforms around them ready to jump to their bidding.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Chummy, to be honest I don't think you know what you are talking about or you are on a wind up....Think you don't realise that a few of us on TVF have been in the country a long time and KNOW how the place works. You can carry on with your stuff but looking daft will take it's toll.

Yes Indeed-  I remember landing at Don Muang 50 years ago from a 30 plus hours flight from Easteern US late at night with about 7 other people that got off. We had to wake up the Immigration Officeer to give us our 15 day stamp.  Throughout the years Immigration has improved and then declined- mostly due to the xenophobic attitude of various Thai Governments.  

The whole fingerprinting scenario coupled with facial recognition and then questioning people with valid visas is way too stringent and a complete waste of time. If there is a blacklist- it should come up automatically= yet the computer system they use apears to be antiquated and the Officer needs to revert to various data bases including the Interpol red notices. Keeping out 'bad guys' is fine but when your system also starts keeping out the 'good guys' something is wrong.

Mr Biggs has valid criticism because if your economy is tourist oriented- visitors are your customers and they need to be treated as valued guests.  Immigration is the entry point for all arrivals and that is where first impressions are made. Unfortunaty, at the present visitors are not treated as valued guests but potential criminals to be overly screened and interogated. 

A visitors next impression is at baggage and the time it takes to get ones suitcase.  Then comes Cusoms-  in the past the green line ensured quick egress- but the new customs proposal to screen every incoming bag and assess customs duty will cause another chokepoint. A policy that is backwards and merely done as an income earner and has nothing to do with security.

Then there is the taxi  situation with the ever changing winds that blow good and bad and at times cause issues for the incoming tourist.

If one is to evaluate the whole experience- it is unacceptible - it is not the way to get repeat tourists because first impressions really set the tone for everything.  The proof is that Western tourism which normally has repat customers is down and fading fast. The old adage that when a person gets good seervice they tell one friend , but wjhen they get poor service they tell 20 people. However, with social media- they can tell 1000 people in seconds.

Instead of the authorities  making excuses or Thais questioning his 'loyalty' they might want to  actually take a realistic look at the whole proces of entry to hotel and make the appropriate changes.  Mr Biggs should get an award for speaking the truth.

• Like 1

I'm sure we are all very impressed with your travel adventures, and happy you manage to sail through immigration procedures. But this is a thread about people who do not live your charmed life, the experiences of dozens of posters and even photos of the long queues. Now go on, tell us everyone has imagined standing for an hour or more, past the signs that tell you your waiting time is 45 minutes, 30 minutes etc, and the photos are photoshopped.

No-one has written that Thailand is unique in its delays. In fact, I'll admit that I stopped going to your once-wonderful country some years ago, by the way, in large part due to the shambles I found when I arrived at LAX on my last two visits, waiting up to two hours because the IT wasn't working, 40 minutes for an airbridge to deplane after we arrived right on time, and having an x-ray security machine not being able to tell the difference between explosives and the silver paper on a pack of mints in my pocket.

I know I’ve always lived such a “charmed life” lol [emoji38] presumptuous again lol [emoji23] and I feel so sorry for those of you who have had to wait in line at the airport that’s awful life is tough LMAO [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

More like the experience of dozens of whiners. [emoji38]

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

The English spelling is "Organised"...If others want to change that it is up to them, so before you become a spelling police recruit I suggest you first realise that real English speakers are members of this forum...

Indeed! well said, American English is not English...despite what Microsoft think

22 hours ago, rayjed2 said:

This is NOT just to enter the "land of smiles" this is even if you are in transit. I fly  to Cambodia and like using Thia Air. I am a frequent flyer, but I will now use Malaysia Airways as the last few flights I have been held up by these long queues. Twice I have nearly missed my connection! in fact there was a family who pleaded with the Immigration Officers to let them through as their flight was leaving in 15 minutes, but there was no "smiles" then, and they were made to wait. They were just a few people in front of me and it took me nearly 50 minutes before I got through, so draw your own conclusions on the fate of that family!

I have flown many routes over the years and passed through many airports as a transfer passenger and have never had to pass through another security check such as this. Why are people who are in transit subjected to this in Suvarnabhumi airport?

No wonder tourism is dying in Thailand, just coming through immigration is enough to put a person off.

By the way, it takes me about 30 minutes to enter Cambodia via Phnom Penh, that is with collecting my bag, buying a visa and passing through immigration, go figure!!

Just for reference, with a Cambodian e-visa issued on-line, entry can be even quicker. A month ago I visited Siem Reap and from leaving the Air Asia aircraft to getting into my waiting tuk-tuk, was an amazing 20 minutes (including baggage collection off the carousel)! 

The English spelling is "Organised"...If others want to change that it is up to them, so before you become a spelling police recruit I suggest you first realise that real English speakers are members of this forum...

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I know I’ve always lived such a “charmed life” lol [emoji38] presumptuous again lol [emoji23] and I feel so sorry for those of you who have had to wait in line at the airport that’s awful life is tough LMAO [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

More like the experience of dozens of whiners. [emoji38]

You think I like waiting in line at the airport or waiting in line anywhere it’s just life dude. And it’s better than getting shot at and blown up. Our lives are a lot better than most people in the world at least be a little thankful for what you have in life. It’s just unbelievable people complaining SO MUCH about waiting in line at the airport with everything else going on in the world. Don’t forget how good you have it compared to millions of other people in the world. It ain’t that bad.

An easy solution.....

Entering BHX a few months you dont see a IO, its all automated you are through in about 5 mins.

So why cant they use automated machines here they do for Thais if they want to keep jobs the IO can man the fingerprinting machine next to it?

It's just hit me. You've been in Thailand so long you've become Thai, with everyone wrong but you, denial of what is obvious and everything about Thailand is perfect, even the shambolic 'organisation'. Your mind has been colonised [emoji16]:cheesy:

WOW you have a stupid response for everything don’t you [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Honestly what’s the point I’m just wasting my time talking to people complaining about waiting in line at the airport who have nothing better to do except complain about it online [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

That’s well out of order. 
Criticise the hell out of someone for correctly spelling a word?

The yanks might spell it “organize” but the rest of us spell it the right way. 

Honestly what’s the point I’m just wasting my time talking to people complaining about waiting in line at the airport who have nothing better to do except complain about it online. Bye y’all [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

Honestly what’s the point I’m just wasting my time talking to people complaining about waiting in line at the airport who have nothing better to do except complain about it online emoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.png

Well that's a relief....Yabadabadoo....

• Like 2

Well that's a relief....Yabadabadoo....

I bet since this is pretty much your life on this forum not having the voice of reason anymore so go ahead let the crazy just go. Bye y’all [emoji23][emoji38][emoji23][emoji38][emoji23][emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Crustyhk said:

I think you’ve just made a complete fool of yourself. A speedy exit is probably your best option

It's okay, he's been living here for five whole years. Some of us though have been here since the Dusit Thani was the tallest building in Bangkok. We might be a bit more tuned in to the country.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

I bet since this is pretty much your life on this forum not having the voice of reason anymore so go ahead let the crazy just go. Bye y’all emoji23.pngemoji38.pngemoji23.pngemoji38.pngemoji23.pngemoji38.png

Your parachute awaits......Adios amigo....

23 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Do the math.   They said Biggs had got off a plane when 44 flights with 4,500 passengers arrived between noon and 2pm.  That is 100 passengers per airplane.   That just does not sound right.  Biggs should teach them math not English.

Could be that a lot of people were moving between flights so wouldn't go through immigration at that time!

This is so easy to check. Put a camera there and see if all the booths are manned. Anyone who has travelled through Suvarnabuhmi knows they are never fully manned even in the heights of rush hours there. It is deplorable and now lying about it as well....disgraceful.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

IMHO this is simple:

I've been in and out of Changi over 200 Times (for years years lived in bkk, at least 2 day trips to S'pre and back every week).

Longest wait 15 minutes. And S'pore Changi airport has enormous aircraft / passenger traffic. 

Can be done. Somehow here nobody completes the planning nor get it right.

yes but with have that special lane and avoid the long queues into BKK.

Edited by BobBKK