The Aussie Rules Football Thread - The Greatest Game On Earth

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 21 results.. :D:o:D

WEST COAST 1.1 6.4 11.9 16.10 (106)

ST KILDA 5.5 9.8 10.9 14.14 (98)

Goals: West Coast: Q Lynch 5 D Wirrpanda 3 M LeCras 3 R Jones 2 C Fletcher M Priddis A Hansen.

St Kilda: N Riewoldt 4 J Koschitzke 3 F Gehrig 2 X Clarke L Fisher B Voss L Ball A Fiora.

Best: West Coast: M Priddis Q Lynch D Glass B Cousins D Cox D Wirrpanda.

St Kilda: L Hayes N Riewoldt N Dal Santo S Fisher R Clarke.

Crowd: 38,183.

Umpires: S McBurney B Allen S McInerney.

KANGAROOS 3.8 9.11 17.14 24.17 (161)

CARLTON 2.2 4.9 8.11 11.13 (79)

Goals: Kangaroos: A Edwards 4 D Petrie 4 E Sansbury 3 S Grant 2 A Swallow 2 D Hale C Jones L Brown B Rawlings B Harvey D Wells A Simpson S McMahon E Lower.

Carlton: J Waite 3 R Jackson 2 L Whitnall 2 S O'hAilpin B Gibbs J Kennedy C Ackland.

Best: Kangaroos: B Harvey D Wells E Sansbury D Pratt D Petrie A Edwards D Harris H McIntosh.

Carlton: A Bentick J Waite A Walker A Carrazzo C Ackland L Whitnall.

Umpires: M Avon R Chamberlain G Fila.

Crowd: 29,334 at Telstra Dome.

FREMANTLE 5.4 14.6 18.7 22.12 (144)

MELBOURNE 5.4 6.7 9.13 12.13 (85)

Goals: Fremantle: L McPharlin 5 J Farmer 3 M Pavlich 3 B Peake 2 A Foster 2 J Carr D Gilmore C Tarrant D Solomon P Bell S McManus D Mundy.

Melbourne: R Robertson 3 D Neitz 2 B Green 2 B Miller J Bode B Pickett R Ferguson M Newton.

Best: Fremantle: M Pavlich J Farmer P Bell D Mundy L McPharlin.

Melbourne: R Robertson N Brown B McLean C Sylvia C Bruce.

Umpires: C Donlon L Farmer K Nicholls.

Crowd: 34,549 at Subiaco Oval.

COLLINGWOOD 3.6 9.8 12.10 15.11 (101)

SYDNEY 4.0 7.4 8.6 11.10 (76)

Goals: Collingwood: S Rusling 4 A Rocca 3 A Didak S Pendlebury S Burns P Medhurst J Clement D Thomas D Swan C Bryan.

Sydney: B Hall 4 N Davis 2 A Schneider R O'Keefe D Jolly M O'Loughlin B Kirk.

Best: Collingwood: D Swan S Pendlebury S Rusling S Wakelin T Goldsack N Buckley.

Sydney: A Goodes B Kirk J Bolton N Malceski B Hall.

Umpires: M Vozzo S McLaren M Ellis.

Crowd: 63,842 at the MCG.

ADELAIDE 3.2 6.7 10.13 12.14 (86)

BRISBANE LIONS 3.0 3.1 5.8 8.12 (60)

Goals: Adelaide: S Goodwin 2 N Bock 2 N Gill S Thompson T Edwards S Welsh G Johncock A McLeod B Burton J Porplyzia.

Brisbane Lions: S Black 2 R Copeland 2 M Clark T Notting J Brown C Stiller.

Best: Adelaide: S Goodwin R Shirley A McLeod S Stevens B Hudson S Thompson B Rutten B Reilly.

Brisbane Lions: L Power J Adcock D Merrett T Selwood.

Umpires: M Stevic S Jeffery D Goldspink.

Crowd: 46,507 at AAMI Stadium

HAWTHORN 1.7 6.9 13.14 22.19 (151)

WESTERN BULLDOGS 5.3 8.3 10.6 10.7 (67)

Goals: Hawthorn: L Hodge 6 J Lewis 4 J Roughead 3 B Dixon 3 L Franklin 2 R Campbell G Birchall C Brown C Young.

Western Bulldogs: L Gilbee 3 L Darcy 2 D Giansiracusa F Ray W Skipper A Cooney J Akermanis.

Best: Hawthorn: L Hodge J Lewis S Mitchell C Brown B Sewell S Crawford R Campbell L Franklin.

Western Bulldogs: S West N Eagleton B Harris D Cross.

Umpires: S Grun D Margetts D Sully.

Crowd: 32,734 at Telstra Dome.

PORT ADELAIDE 5.2 9.3 13.8 16.10 (106)

GEELONG 2.1 8.4 10.7 15.11 (101)

Goals: Port Adelaide: S Burgoyne 3 B Ebert 3 D Motlop 3 W Tredrea 2 S Salopek 2 J Westhoff 2 D Cassisi.

Geelong: S Johnson 3 N Ablett 3 M Stokes 2 A Mackie T Varcoe J Kelly J Corey C Mooney G Ablett P Chapman.

Best: Port Adelaide: S Burgoyne K Cornes B Lade C Cornes S Salopek T Thurstans.

Geelong: G Ablett M Scarlett A Mackie S Johnson C Enright B Ottens.

Umpires: M James H Kennedy M Head.

Crowd: 24,331 at Skilled Stadium.

RICHMOND 3.3 7.9 10.15 17.17 (119)

ESSENDON 5.3 7.5 9.11 13.14 (92)

Goals: Richmond: B Deledio 2 J Riewoldt 2 C Newman 2 K Pettifer 2 J Bowden N Brown N Foley K Johnson G Polak M Richardson R Tambling G Tivendale S Tuck.

Essendon: M Lloyd 4 J Hird 2 D Hille 2 M McVeigh A Lovett C Dempsey B Stanton S Gumbleton.

Best: Richmond: M Richardson K Johnson B Deledo K Moore L McGuane C Newman.

Essendon: A Lovett C Dempsey N Lovett-Murray J Hird B Stanton A McPhee.

Umpires: B Rosebury S Wenn S Ryan.

Crowd: 88,468 at the MCG.

Feel free to say how magnificently Port played yesterday, :o:bah::D

JD scurries away to find a "flip the bird" smilie...

:o

JaiDee I am always keen to help out so please accept this one from me just for you :bah:

post-36525-1188380020_thumb.jpg

CB

What a helpful little CrowBoy you are, I'll save it carefully as well, you never know... it might come in handy one day. ;)

Looking forward to the 'Woods this weekend? On paper we beat Freo by ten goals but.... teams with nothing to lose and only respect to gain at this time of the year!!!!! :D:D:D

What a helpful little CrowBoy you are, I'll save it carefully as well, you never know... it might come in handy one day. :D

Looking forward to the 'Woods this weekend? On paper we beat Freo by ten goals but.... teams with nothing to lose and only respect to gain at this time of the year!!!!! :D:o:D

It actually came from Austhaied at the beginning of the season, so I can't claim full credit for it.

The game on Friday night against Collingwood will be a big one for the Crows. This will be their third in a row of virtual knockout of the comp football. They did well against the Dogs and the Lions. The magpies (the original and still the best :D) had a big clash against the Swans. They are playing a hard brand of footy. Both teams have very good midfield players and a strong running game. Danger for the Crows is their perennial problem of kicking goals. They deliver the ball into the 50m arc and then mess up the set shots for goal. That will kill them against the strong forward pack of Collingwood. I think it will be a very good game and hope to be able to catch it on the TV tonight when I go into town. Problem will be getting the little one to stay up until after midnight and then face the trip home. At least she can go to sleep on the back of the bike.

CB

Feel free to say how magnificently Port played yesterday, :o:D:D

JD scurries away to find a "flip the bird" smilie...

:D

JaiDee I am always keen to help out so please accept this one from me just for you :D

post-36525-1188380020_thumb.jpg

CB

I've got a better one...

RudeToe.jpg

:bah:

The Crows won tonight, boy this is going to be some finals series this year.

Was a good game :o I won't be able to watch the rest of the games this weekend. Late night last night and the little one was not happy about getting home at 2am. We had been in town since midday and she was being very good about it but she wanted to go home by 7pm.

CB

The Crows won tonight, boy this is going to be some finals series this year.

Was a good game :o I won't be able to watch the rest of the games this weekend. Late night last night and the little one was not happy about getting home at 2am. We had been in town since midday and she was being very good about it but she wanted to go home by 7pm.

CB

Port just won, a hard game against Freo who never stopped trying.

Port Adelaide 17 15 117

Fremantle 12 13 85

6.6 to us in the last quarter sealed the game and second spot. Also showed the lads are fit at the right time of the year.

Not sure who we have next week.

-------------Not sure who we have next week.
If my understanding of the finals procedure is correct Power will play the Eagles at AMMI Stadium next week. The winner will have a week off and the looser will play the winner between 6th and 7th on the ladder.

If my understanding of the finals procedure is correct Power will play the Eagles at AMMI Stadium next week. The winner will have a week off and the looser will play the winner between 6th and 7th on the ladder.

Thanks BD, looks like it's Friday or Saturday night, the draw will be out soon. Not sure the Eagles are a suitable reward for coming second though. :o

I won't dignify the "post" before your's with a reply. Their inability to even make the grand final this century shows people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :D

Thanks BD, looks like it's Friday or Saturday night, the draw will be out soon. Not sure the Eagles are a suitable reward for coming second though. :o

I won't dignify the "post" before your's with a reply. Their inability to even make the grand final this century shows people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :D

The eagles will be difficult but you are at home so that will help a bit. Port is coming together at the right time of the season but I wouldn't discount the Eagles turning you over and forcing you to play the following week.

The Crows have a hard task ahead but they play better when they are under the gun, especially in final footy.

CB

It's going to be a sensational first week of the finals - I'll be happy if the mighty Eags push Port all the way. WCE have a far stronger side than the last time the 2 teams met so it should be a ripper!

Does anyone know of any bars in Bangkok that will have a LIVE feed of the games? I know Australia Network will have them but they are all on delay - Friday nights game is on a 2 hour delay!! :o

I remember a couple of years ago the Bus Stop showed the finals live via a feed from PNG. Trying to get them to confirm whether or not they'll be doing the same again this year is not getting us very far!

Don't be surprised if the Roos upset Geelong.

TIA.

GGG

The Hawthorn captain, Richie Vandenberg, tearfully announced his retirement from the game last night effective at seasons end.

He is reputed to be one of the two players whose confidential medical records were "found" in the street and publisied by the 7 network.