Prawit explains plans to purchase Army equipment

rooster59

Just now, mikebell said:

First I check a list of suppliers and their commissions; then I buy the stuff with the best deal for me.  It doesn't matter that the seas around Thailand are too shallow to safely accommodate subs, they'll never be used anyway.

Don't forget they already built the sub base.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Since there are no external threats to Thailand, Thai people should be very concerned with these purchases!

Some countries have walls, others submarines.  Power corrupts never going to change.  Thailand has threats to the Mekong - water- subs.  LIft em in with a crane set them sit there.  We can get the som tom in by helicopter. 

Edited by marcusarelus

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Twenty years old and ne'er a shot fired, a berm stormed, a wall breached nor a river crossed.

And don't get me started on the maintenance comment. You can get a whole lot of WD-40 for 1.1% of GDP.

Having a military that doesn't engage in combat is considered a success by many, especially those who prefer NOT to invade your neighbours. Perhaps you should compare Thailand's defence spending with your own country, or even the USA.

https://www.thenation.com/article/tom-dispatch-america-defense-budget-bigger-than-you-think/

BTW the minimalist tool kit is WD-40 AND duct tape

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

Having a military that doesn't engage in combat is considered a success by many, especially those who prefer NOT to invade your neighbours. Perhaps you should compare Thailand's defence spending with your own country, or even the USA.

https://www.thenation.com/article/tom-dispatch-america-defense-budget-bigger-than-you-think/

BTW the minimalist tool kit is WD-40 AND duct tape

Apparently 80% of the time given over to combat training within the RTA is focused on camouflage technology training, hiding to you and me, and developing physical adeptness in running backwards.????

Edited by geoffbezoz
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Twenty years old and ne'er a shot fired, a berm stormed, a wall breached nor a river crossed.

And don't get me started on the maintenance comment. You can get a whole lot of WD-40 for 1.1% of GDP.

Many posters miss the whole point of PM and other top ranking generals and company bosses when it come to acquiring big ticket items whether its needed or not, in most cases, it is because this is what expected from the elected individual to do as a customary recuperation and in kind, we have elected/appointed you now let's get down to business and put in the order so we both can make money which is the bottom line of most if not all high position jobs... and this is only one of the reasons why they buy stuff the company/country doesn't seems to need, this is the essence of politics and business that keeps the world turning...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Probably will need it to protect the already insanely rich sometime in the future

More and more people are complaining so its probably best to get ready to shoot them ...again 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

How would Thailand devalue the currency?  Remember dollar peg stopped in 1997.  

Budget deficit should assist in value dropping . Even more when struggling to repay the loans 

37 minutes ago, BestB said:

Well economists did say government needs to increase spending in order to boost the economy.

government listened and is spending ????

They will have to laundry their ill-gotten money back into the local system and spend them. Maybe they are already doing that civic duty to help the economy. ????