Thai wife of seriously ill British man threatened with deportation as husband ‘fears for his life’

webfact

Just now, Parsve said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but as I remember it the whole idea of brexit was to stop, or take control of immigration and that to me looks a little bit like racism.

Nothing to do with racism  , European Countries are multi-racial these days , so , cannot be considered to be "racism"

1 minute ago, Parsve said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but as I remember it the whole idea of brexit was to stop, or take control of immigration and that to me looks a little bit like racism.

It was a small part of Brexit.

Anyway what is wrong with controlling your own borders? 

Without controls there would anarchy 

4 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

I am sure that in such circumstances the Thai authorities would let a spouse stay on humanitarian basis. 

Are you?

We used to be able to say, "I am sure if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle," but that no longer applies, so please post link/source/evidence.

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Nothing to do with racism  , European Countries are multi-racial these days , so , cannot be considered to be "racism"

4 minutes ago, thirdleg said:

5 minutes ago, thirdleg said:

So tell me what is brexit about then? Because if I listen to you I have totaly missunderstand why UK start the Brexit talk.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, MobileContent said:

Their seems to be often a difference. My stepdaughter (Singaporean) who lives for the past 5 years in London had no problems in Scotland in her stay for almost 12 years in the UK. Immigration can be complicated if she keeps following her husband back to the UK after he has a few years overseas assignment. 

Also she is a Singaporean she would love to have one day Scottish citizenship and they look forward Scotland leaves the UK one day. 90% of all regulations comes from London and not Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

Interesting times ahead specially with Boris Trump and what will happen to the United Kingdom in the next 12 month 

She will have white hair before that 'Scottish Citizenship' ever appears as something to be talked about.

Doesn't matter where the reg's come from, they are UK laws.

Edited by overherebc

4 minutes ago, John199 said:

So pleased to read, posted three hours ago, :-

31 JUL 2019 — 

A quick update to say that Ngamngon is now BACK HOME where she belongs. Thank you so, so much to everyone who signed the petition and showed their support. It's been absolutely overwhelming. 

While she is no longer in detention, Ngamngon still has to report to the Home Office, and has the threat of being redetained hanging over her. We don't want her to have to go through this again - the only way for her to have a secure status is for the Home Office to grant her a spouse visa, as they should have done to start with. So the fight goes on!

Thank you for all your support. 

Did She apply for a spouse visa ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

It was quite likely that they had a Thai "village marriage" unregistered and not valid in the UK. But like you I'm not sure nor informed. 

I brought my wife to the UK in 2005, back then I had to prove I could financially support her by supplying wage slips and prove I owned my house. These days they have to do way more to get a ILR visa, there's English tests these days, writing and speaking

59 minutes ago, MobileContent said:

Their seems to be often a difference. My stepdaughter (Singaporean) who lives for the past 5 years in London had no problems in Scotland in her stay for almost 12 years in the UK. Immigration can be complicated if she keeps following her husband back to the UK after he has a few years overseas assignment. 

Also she is a Singaporean she would love to have one day Scottish citizenship and they look forward Scotland leaves the UK one day. 90% of all regulations comes from London and not Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

Interesting times ahead specially with Boris Trump and what will happen to the United Kingdom in the next 12 month 

I had to laugh at that. The thought that if independant, Scotland would not have to make its own laws on immigration, as on everything else,  instead of relying on UK law. "Hey Nicola, I've an idea; let's not have any laws. We can let everyone in and give them all passports. Except those dirty sassenachs." ????

53 minutes ago, Parsve said:

OK.. You're wrong. That you see controlling entry into any place, without having more information about why entry is controlled is racist and is a clear indicator of your own prejudice.

Edited by Peasandmash

5 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Johnson is better than what the UK had before.  And don't be writing crap about my president 

Whatever happened to freedom of speech and expression?

I was under the impression that there was something in the constitution of the USA?

32 minutes ago, Peasandmash said:

OK.. You're wrong. That you see controlling entry into any place, without having more information about why entry is controlled is racist and is a clear indicator of your own prejudice.

No, read again, as far as I know EU has regulations about immigration, but UK wanted to have stronger rules against it and that was for what I know the start of brexit.

Edited by Parsve
Misspelling

6 hours ago, ravip said:

The UK is now a fascist and racist state...

History says it was always that.

If that is in the slightest way true - 'by your reckoning' - then long may the UK stay that way.

Interesting to note that good 'ole' Ravip didn't criticise the terrorist loving and pacifist - anti-Semitic Labour leader, Corbyn amongst his hate profile...…... 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Johnson is better than what the UK had before.  And don't be writing crap about my president 

I don't think your crap president needs anyone to write crappy things about him - he's doing so well at it on his own!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Let her stay - its the right thing to do

To anyone with a grain of compassion it IS the right thing to do. Sadly with a Tory government “the right thing” is only what’s right for the Tories and compassion doesn’t exist.

• Thanks 1

The Lady is his wife  has the right (Or should have) to remain with her husband as long as he is alive. Sadly as she is not a UK Citizen or resident she would then have to leave. You will find the Law is similar in NZ and Australia. It is rarely fair but it is the law

Edited by Kiwiken

6 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Lets not base immigration standards on the Thai model which promotes racism and bigotry and no compassion or common sense. 

Have you never learned anything about British history? And don;t dismiss it as something from another era.  That past history isn't something radically different from current attitudes and behavior (although these days they can barely govern themselves let alone ruin the lives of others)  and they no longer have any serious influence on the lives of people anywhere outside their own island.

Let's end the myths of Britain's imperial past

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2011/oct/19/end-myths-britains-imperial-past

To defend its empire, to construct its rudimentary systems of communication and transport, and to man its plantation economies, the British used forced labour on a gigantic scale. From the middle of the 18th century until 1834, the use of non-indigenous black slave labour originally shipped from Africa was the rule. Indigenous manpower in many imperial states was also subjected to slave conditions, dragooned into the imperial armies, or forcibly recruited into road gangs – building the primitive communication networks that facilitated the speedy repression of rebellion. When black slavery was abolished in the 1830s, the thirst for labour by the rapacious landowners of empire brought a new type of slavery into existence, dragging workers from India and China to be employed in distant parts of the world, a phenomenon that soon brought its own contradictions and conflicts.

As with other great imperial constructs, the British empire involved vast movements of peoples: armies were switched from one part of the world to another; settlers changed continents and hemispheres; prisoners were sent from country to country; indigenous inhabitants were corralled, driven away into oblivion, or simply rubbed out.

and much more ...

Edited by Suradit69
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Kiwiken said:

The Lady is his wife  has the right (Or should have) to remain with her husband as long as he is alive. Sadly as she is not a UK Citizen or resident she would then have to leave. You will find the Law is similar in NZ and Australia. It is rarely fair but it is the law

Sadly law writing form sadly peoples

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

It was quite likely that they had a Thai "village marriage" unregistered and not valid in the UK. But like you I'm not sure nor informed. 

They don't need to be married for her to have the right to a resident visa in the UK. A partnership visa is the option for long term partners who have evidence of their relationship. My partner has residency in the UK on this basis...